Round 1 - We'll assume Carr is the QB

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Round 1 - We'll assume Carr is the QB

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 11, 2021 8:18 am

I'm going to assume Carr isn't going anywhere, because I'm also assuming Gruden isn't going anywhere - whether or not either of those things is the best outcome for this team is up for vigorous debate.

Barring a nasty cut - like possibly Trent Brown - there's no need to go offense in rd 1 unless some GOD falls to us at 17 like, say, D. Smith or possibly Waddle. You know, something like that happens and you have to seriously search your soul because there are great defensive players in rd 2 as well, and putting up 35 pts/game is a scary prospect.

Anyhooooo...

Barring something incredibly special, we have gaping holes at:

1. FS
2. DT
3. Edge
4. OLB

Every one of these positions needs to be filled by a stud. So you have to figure out which ones to attack in FA and which ones to go after in the draft.

With a cusory look at the FA rolls, I see quite a few OLBs (most of them 3-4 guys, it seems, and they're really DEs in our scheme. So let's say Edge is what's covered in FA), and there are a handful of FSs littered here and there. So IMO we need to focus on off-the-ball LB and DT.

At 17 we should have a strong shot at one of the better LBs. I've seen mocks giving us LBs all over the place, and it's hard to argue with that.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Round 1 - We'll assume Carr is the QB

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 11, 2021 3:46 pm

Agree. I think Brown is a casualty next year..... and I don't give a fuck. The dude hasn't done shit. Another glass man.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum