Schein has Carr as dark horse MVP candidate

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Schein has Carr as dark horse MVP candidate

Postby DeadRinger » Sun May 17, 2020 1:27 pm

From NFL.com, Adam Schein:

4 - Derek Carr
Las Vegas Raiders · QB

I was honored to be part of "The Carr Six" -- the half-dozen AP voters who entered Derek's name on the MVP ballot back in 2016. He was superb that season before breaking his leg in Oakland's Christmas Eve win -- a devastating injury that prevented the 12-4 Raiders from realizing their potential in the postseason. I know he has it in him. Honestly, it feels like I like Carr more than the Raiders do. But Carr knows this is a critical year, with Marcus Mariota now breathing down his neck.

I think the former second-round pick rises to the occasion. I foresee Carr maximizing first-round burner Henry Ruggs III early and often. I envision the Raiders surprising some people this year, with Carr being the main reason why.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Schein has Carr as dark horse MVP candidate

Postby piratepride » Sat May 23, 2020 11:47 am

To me, 2016 was magical. Most competitive team I've seen since the Jason Campbell/ Hue Jackson combo. We could have been a dark horse team to contend with if the broken leg never happened. That year we beat Houston in Mexico, and would have beaten them again as we were playing our best ball laye in the year. Had a coach with balls that let Carr run the offense.
That said, this years team has the most talent I've ever seen going back 30 years. The year we wemt to the superbowl was talented, but really old and the window was 2 years tops. This team is young and has the talent to go deep in the playoffs.
Here's hoping Carr returns to 2016 form and even better.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum