Would u go after A Rodgers if Carr stinks it up this year?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Would u go after A Rodgers if Carr stinks it up this year?

Postby piratepride » Wed May 13, 2020 7:26 pm

I seen an Espn story on the Aaron Rodgers fit in Las Vegas next year.
If Carr sucks this year, would you want to see us give Mariota a year and draft a young gun QB in round 1?
Or pull the trigger and go win now mode amd sign Aaron?
IMO, the talent we have this season season is as good as I can remember us ever having albeit very young and inexperienced.
Good enough for a talented QB to win right away with IMO.
Top noth WR, O line, TE and RB. Depth at every offensive position, and an up and coming defense.

Carr doesn't have a shit ton of cold December games to have to worry about, or any windy rainy Oakland games to suck in, he really doesn't have an excuse this year. I'm pulling for him and expecting him to shine but if he doesn't I think even his most die hard supporters will call for a change.
3 December home games, a domed stadium on natural grass, an easier schedule compared to that God awful 6 week travel curse we had to endure and a shiny New Tyreek Hill clone.
You plop in Brady, Aaron Rodgers, Mahomes, hell even Lamar Jackson, and you have a high octane offense good enough to compete for a championship IMO.
No more excuses!!!!!!
How would you feel with Rodgers barking out plays to our young guys?
I didn't want Brady this year cuz of our history with him, but Rodgers carves up defenses like nobodies business, and plays in the snow like it's 80 degrees lol.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Would u go after A Rodgers if Carr stinks it up this yea

Postby silver & black » Thu May 14, 2020 7:35 am

I'm not sure. I want to win, but I also want a team that can win for 5 - 6 years at playoff level before we need a QB. Rodgers is a great QB, no doubt, but he's 36 years old. What would he cost? How would he impact us getting a good, young QB that could be with us for the long run? I don't know. I do know I wouldn't turn down another Superbowl win in my lifetime, so..................

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Thu May 14, 2020 8:22 am

I hear you Silver, I'd much rather have a homegrown talent too but I'm thinking about what if already since I'm at home more often teleworking 3 days per week.
I think drafting Trevor Lawrence may be in the pipe dream realm, or end up costing us a treasure trove of picks for the next 2 years. So let's look at other options.
If Al Davis were alive he'd beall over him without a doubt. He's going through some shit right now with his current ownership, and wants to be respected. He'll be looking to prove shit with a massive chip on his shoulder, and AL being the salesman would have him on a plane to Vegas day 1 of free agency!
This is Al's dream of a free agent going back to the 70s and he's my #1 Derek Carr replacement option ( should we miss the playoffs yet again) the more i think about it.
You mentioned possibly winning a super bowl early, but bieng in no mans land afterward.
I say first who cares if he stuck around for 3 years so long as we get 2 superbowl wins out of it. This team is young and can survive another QB turnover after Rodgers the same way it'll be in Rodgers 1st season with us. Were young now and will be for the next 6 or 7 years. Our o line is another story, but the tackle spot sure is young and just drafted Simpson OG from Clemson.
Im getting off track...my bad.

How realistic would this be?
I read somewhere that the Packers haven't drafted an offensive player in the last 5 or 6 years! Not only is that getting old for him, but then they go out and draft his replacement in Jordon Love. The writing is on the wall heading into next year. I haven't looked at if he'll be a free agent next year outright, or of his cap charge is so crazy he'll fall into the trade category. If it's a simple money issue, why the hell is Green Bay so cheap lol?
You find all these scrubs/ Valdez Scantlings of the nfl and he keeps winning with them. Imagine what he could do in our offense? It'll be like a pro bowl team compared to what he's working with!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Thu May 14, 2020 8:23 am

I hear you Silver, I'd much rather have a homegrown talent too but I'm thinking about what if already since I'm at home more often teleworking 3 days per week.
I think drafting Trevor Lawrence may be in the pipe dream realm, or end up costing us a treasure trove of picks for the next 2 years. So let's look at other options.
If Al Davis were alive he'd beall over him without a doubt. He's going through some shit right now with his current ownership, and wants to be respected. He'll be looking to prove shit with a massive chip on his shoulder, and AL being the salesman would have him on a plane to Vegas day 1 of free agency!
This is Al's dream of a free agent going back to the 70s and he's my #1 Derek Carr replacement option ( should we miss the playoffs yet again) the more i think about it.
You mentioned possibly winning a super bowl early, but bieng in no mans land afterward.
I say first who cares if he stuck around for 3 years so long as we get 2 superbowl wins out of it. This team is young and can survive another QB turnover after Rodgers the same way it'll be in Rodgers 1st season with us. Were young now and will be for the next 6 or 7 years. Our o line is another story, but the tackle spot sure is young and just drafted Simpson OG from Clemson.
Im getting off track...my bad.

How realistic would this be?
I read somewhere that the Packers haven't drafted an offensive player in the last 5 or 6 years! Not only is that getting old for him, but then they go out and draft his replacement in Jordon Love. The writing is on the wall heading into next year. I haven't looked at if he'll be a free agent next year outright, or of his cap charge is so crazy he'll fall into the trade category. If it's a simple money issue, why the hell is Green Bay so cheap lol?
You find all these scrubs/ Valdez Scantlings of the nfl and he keeps winning with them. Imagine what he could do in our offense? It'll be like a pro bowl team compared to what he's working with!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 14, 2020 11:26 am

I would snatch Rodgers up in a friggin' heartbeat if we could. He's one of the greatest QBs ever. He immediately jacks up our chances of winning a SB astronomically. I would expect him to put in another 4-5 years. Actually, I'd expect him to play at least until he wins another SB.

With our weapons and OL, he'd kill it.

And if Carr CAN'T kill it with our weapons and OL, then FUCK HIM, and bring in an all-pro like Rodgers.

Fuck yes.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Thu May 14, 2020 12:23 pm

If your looking at it from Rodgers point of view, a shiny new stadium, awesome coaching staff, no sales tax, awesome night life for a single guy. Awesome new homes to choose from although not quite in the Kliff Kingsbury realm ( is that guy living like Tony Montana or what )?

This offense is ready to explode guys it really is. I can feel it, I just think deep down it's going to take Gruden coaching his ass of in these zoom meetings for us to see this year.
I think Rodgers is the missing peice we have to get to get over Mahomes. Carr has 1 year to dig down deep and show us something again. I believe Vegas will be the #1 attraction for free agency moving forward and especially at the QB position. The stadium is freakin awesome!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri May 15, 2020 12:08 pm

If i was Carr, I'd spend my entire fucking offseason watching game film of Mahomes. Not that I think Carr is physically capable of doing all the same things Mahomes is, but Carr needs to study a QB with brass balls.

Carr has a massive arm that he never uses. He needs to figure out how to use the fucking thing the right way. Study the fuck out of Mahomes. I don't want Carr to start throwing all off-platform, sidearm and off his back foot, but I want him to study how to slip around in the pocket, buy time, see those tight windows downfield and put it where only our guy can get it.

Carr's downfield vision is atrocious. I think 8 times out of 10 he's not even looking at guys more than 10 yds downfield, and he needs to figure out how to change that or he's going to be fucking GONE.

You can never outscore the Chiefs if you can't be explosive.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sat May 16, 2020 5:12 am

Carr needs to study a QB with brass balls.

AMEN!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum