Rumors Gruden will get hit up with trades for Carr at IND

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Rumors Gruden will get hit up with trades for Carr at IND

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:07 am

Some twitter jockey seems to think a few teams will be checking in w us at the combine on our interest in dealing Carr.

Unless we can be guaranteed to land one of the top-3 QBs in this draft, our interest better be ZERO. And that means we'd at least need to be able to jump ahead of the Chargers, which would cost a fortune.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Rumors Gruden will get hit up with trades for Carr at IN

Postby piratepride » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:39 pm

I'm all for keeping Carr as the full time starter, but these rumors just won't die. Word from Shefter is Mayock likes Carr, but with Mahomes in the division he feels we need to improve.
I think we all agree our best chance of winning this year is to keep the consistency going with Carr and give him some help on offense. Can Mayock convince Gruden to shake things up? If he does, it'll mean having the team learn a new offense Brady likes, or the rookie QB learning a whole new offense Gruden employs. Not good if you ask me.
If they do trade up for Herbert, what will it cost to move up? Way more than I'm willing to give up that's for damn sure.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Wed Feb 19, 2020 7:46 pm

Since we're going down this rabbit hole, let's say a team blows the socks right off Mayock at the combine. IMO, Carr's worth at least a second rounder, but the demand for a quality signal caller could drive up the price.
The dolphins come to mind as they have 3 first rounders and are in QB limbo. Reggie McKenzie's a consultant for them, and has insider info on Carr that may help sway them for offering up a mid 1st rounder for him.
So Raiders get Brady, 3 first rounders and know they'll need to mortgage the farm for the Clemson QB next year to groom in Bradys last year.
Were in for one hell of a ride these next few months.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 20, 2020 10:32 am

If we get 3 first-rounders this year, plus $60M in cap space to spend, plus Brady, then my guess is we go 10-6 at worst, win 1 or possibly 2 playoff games and wind up picking in the mid-to-late 20s. NOT the place you want to be if you're thinking you need to trade up for Trevor Lawrence, who WILL be the #1 overall pick. We'd have to give away probably 3 first-rounders to make that happen.

I've watched this kid play a lot of games, and even though he was overshadowed by Burrow this year, he is every bit as good. And NOT a one-year wonder like Burrow.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Thu Feb 20, 2020 7:36 pm

Now Carr tweets out a shot of him and Mack together? Reports saying Colts and Bears have already called to inquire.
Wonder if Colts would be crazy to offer up their #6 or 7 overall?
Bears would have no problem giving back the #2 we aent in the Mack trade if it means dumping Trubisky.
They've got to know he's horrible in the cold...right?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Feb 23, 2020 6:16 pm

I think if anyone offered a top-half first-round pick Gruden would jump at it. And, I feel like a 2nd rounder is just not enough to make that kind of radical change to the team.

But I tend to think GMs are probing probably with third-rounders just to see if Gruden’s ready to unload on the cheap because he PLANS to make the QB change this offseason.

As for Carr’s tweet, my understanding is it was Mack’s birthday so Carr was tweeting out something nostalgic. Although if that was the case, I don’t know why he didn’t actually say “happy birthday” - or anything at all, really.

Someone made the comment “I doubt Gruden is in any mood to be trolled by Derek Carr right now.” I Couldn’t agree more. I think Carr has an inflated sense of his own worth.

Then again, maybe there’s a coach out there who thinks he’s a perfect fit for some system and could take their team to the promised land. Who the fuck knows?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum