The coming draft.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

The coming draft.

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:47 pm

Hate to admit it, but I've been looking at mock draft sites for the past 2 months and I already know who I want.
#12- Cedee Lamb WR from Oklahoma. Dude isn't crazy fast but very good hands and has the exact same build and overall talent as a rookie Bernard Hopkins. He's also a Raiders fan, or maybe he's just sporting the gear to help him get to Vegas. E9ther way he wants to be drafted by us.

#19- LB Kenneth Murray from Oklahoma. Mayock doesn't look too far for the next selection. This is your stud no fuss 3 down linebacker who is a football junkie! I haven't read up on his background story or personality, but just watching him this past weekend he looks explosive. His body type looks like Myles Jack or CJ Mosley. I'll be jumping for joy if we take these two dudes, instant playmakers just like Josh Jacobs was.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: The coming draft.

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:53 pm

A couple of other guys seen still hanging around in the mid 3rd round are plug and play starters for most average teams like us.
The RB from Ohio state and Georgia. If we can get a good true #2 RB and can DeAndre Washington I'm all for it. A RB who can do it all and spell Jacobs from time to time. I like Richard, but Washington doesn't have vision and can't see the running lanes. He'll be gone.

The WR Jefferson from LSU who had like 4 touchdowns would make a great gadget type WR Gruden thought he had in Ryan Grant / JJ Nelson.
Then with our last selection look at DT or CB depth.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 05, 2020 8:57 am

J.K. Dobbins is not a #2 RB. He could/would be #1 for almost any team that drafts him. If we were to get him, we would essentially have two #1 RB's as a tandom. I like your choice of Ceede Lamb.... and I wouldn't mind at all if we were toi get Jerry Jeudy, either.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 05, 2020 12:30 pm

I was all in on Jerry Juedy at first, but I get too many Amari Cooper vibes. Maybe I'm over my hinges lol. At this point i don't care which WR we get so lomg as he produces like a true #1 would.
As for Dobbins, a few different sites have him anywhere between the second and 3rd round. The kid reminds me of Kareem Hunt. Power runner whi can run away from you in the open field. I'd like to focus on defense, but with 3 picks in the 3rd round we'll have the luxury of getting the best player available with at least 1 of them. Getting Dobbins will allow Jacobs to finally get involved more in the passing game and Dobbins can spell him for the next 6 years. This will keep both fresh for years to come IMO.

Kenneth Murray just looks like a stud, and plays violently. Hopefully Mayock does the right thing and fixes our defense this year weather its drafting or free agency.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 05, 2020 3:12 pm

I would like to see the focus be on defense. Other than a true #1 WR, I think the picks should focus on the D. I hope Maycok and Gruden agree with me.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Jan 06, 2020 12:02 pm

silver & black wrote:J.K. Dobbins is not a #2 RB. He could/would be #1 for almost any team that drafts him. If we were to get him, we would essentially have two #1 RB's as a tandom. I like your choice of Ceede Lamb.... and I wouldn't mind at all if we were toi get Jerry Jeudy, either.

Same with Swift out of UGA. If Swift makes it out of the 1st round, then there are a bunch of dumb talent evaluators in the NFL.

Dude's First-Team All-SEC. Best in the business. If UGA hadn't had Swift, they would have been at the bottom of the rankings all season long.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum