A look ahead to the next few weeks

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

A look ahead to the next few weeks

Postby piratepride » Mon Oct 14, 2019 11:20 am

Green Bay- Aaron Rodgers is still the man and he always is down for an old fashioned shootout. Advantage.....GB.
Green Bay's defense has vastly improved from last year, specifically the pass rush.
Our only advantage coming in is the quick turnaround time they'll have having to play tonight. It's not as bad as a Thursday night game, but still.
Hopefully our minor injured players will be back to full strength this week including big Gabe Jackson.

Texans- out of all the games, this is the one that worries me the most. They're a very talented team at all 3 phases of the game and are well coached. IMO, this game will determine if we can hang with a talented team in their hometown come wild card time. This is a playoff game for us! Thank GOD the schedule makers flexed us from a 10am start time to 125pm.

Only thing we have going in our favor is Gabe Jackson ahould be back into form, and their best CB (Roby) will be out a month afyer injuring hos quad against the Chiefs.

If somehow someway we win against the two teams listed above, I believe we'll have momentum for the entire year.
The next 3 games will be at home against very mediocre teams
1.Lions- maybe not mediocre, but 1st game back in a long ass time.

2.Chargers-Jeez this team looks like shit.

3.Bengals- Paul Guenther going to embarrass the hell out of his old ball club.
I doubt it, but can you imagine sitting at 8-2?
I'm thinking its more realistic to be 6-4...but you never know.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: A look ahead to the next few weeks

Postby piratepride » Mon Oct 14, 2019 9:31 pm

Hell, after several blown calls against the Lions tonight, maybe refs look to even up the odds and make all the calls in our favor next Sunday lol?
Lions got absolutely robbed tonight of a win thanks to the old refs.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:12 am

Gabe is back at practice and seems to be targeting the Texans game. He's talking about the Packers but hedging towards Texans, which basically means he's already made up his mind.

Pack can be beaten. The Lions should have done it, we can get it done if the officials don't hose us.

Against HOU... They're like CHI with a better offense. We're going to have to find a way to stop Hopkins or we're dead. That fuckin guy can take over a game and stick daggers in teams. I say we essentially ignore the run and make damn sure that fucker is never open. On offense, this should be the All-Waller/Renfrow/Jacobs/Richard game. We're going to have to play that hated dink-and-dunk to keep Watt and Mercillus on their heels.

That's the way I see things right now. These are 2 teams that live by the pass on offense and have very good defenses. We've already proven we can score against good defenses, but we haven't shown shit in terms of stopping the pass.

Christ, I wish Abram wasn't on IR.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Oct 15, 2019 8:14 am

And if we wind up 6-4, I'll be damn happy w that.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum