Raiders vs Lions thread

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders vs Lions thread

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 10, 2018 7:58 pm

I'm bored, watching our 1st pre season game. Any thoughts?
PJ hall our young DT has some thick ash tree trunk legs!
He sure is powerful, too bad we couldn't see Arden Key!

Dont get me started on Conley and Melifonwu.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders vs Lions thread

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 9:53 pm

Carr played only one series, Hall looked good, shit load of flags on us. We turned it over on bumbled snap inside Det 10. Could of gone up 16-7 or 20-7. Yeah boring as hell. Want a win even though preseason. We're up 13-10 early 4th qtr

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 10, 2018 11:22 pm

We win 16-10...that fat fuck lion coach matt patricia brings back matt cassell for the last drive. Cassell started the game. Never seen a qb start a preseason game and than be brought back under 2 mins lft in game to win it. Guess matt patricia wanted to win that bad. Gruden was having convulsions throughout game. He is as intense as ever now. Flag fest shitty game but I'll take any win with all the losing we've done for 15 years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:34 am

Somewhere Mack is salivating, he's gotta a be happy about the DL depth and talent now. It was a night and day difference out there, not only for inside pass rush but defense as a whole.
Ok, there were a shit ton of penalties...but that should get cleaned up some.
But,
What a difference an actual D coordinator makes! The guys knew where they needed to be most of the time, played as a unit, and turned their heads around to make a play. It's not that hard guys, we see it every damn day on Sunday, if the defense can keep it respectable we may win some games.

What I liked on offense
1st of all, Greg Olson is not calling the plays. I'm pretty sure hes a glorified Qb coach and a second set of eyes out there, hell maybe even sets up the drone camera lol?
Chucky's offense while it had a lot of quick passes and dump offs, looked pretty efficient. Move the ball, 4 or 5 yards here and create positive momentum and consistency with a deep shot every so often.
You can tell he wants to run the rock and has the personnel to do it! Lynch looked like he's lost weight, the young guys look really good, we may have to make some hard decisions soon all around.
I would have liked to give Carr more reps in the system, but trust Gruden knows what he has and what he's doing.
What say you?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:32 am

Hard to tell anything off this game but like you all said, we finally have a real D.coordinator. Not seeing Tod Downing out there was also great.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Sat Aug 11, 2018 8:35 am

Somewhere Mack is salivating..........

Fuck him. Another greedy ******. I really don't care if he plays or not. I'm tired of all the greedy cock suckers in the NFL... period.

Kneel and sit some more. Hold out for another million... even though you signed the fucking contract you're playing under. I hope Mack and Donald both sit the whole fucking year. Maybe they can get together with Bell and make a shitty rap record. Fuck em' all.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sat Aug 11, 2018 10:39 am

I agree. So sick of this moolie shit. Jigs holding out for money, the domestic violence, everytime you get a good player he’s suspended for drugs exc...... and of course the National anthem. Marshawn sat during the anthem in this game. NFL needs to hit rock bottom before anything will change. Last year I tuned out for most of the year, I’m about ready to say fuck the NFL & just stop watching. Only problem is what else is there to do on Sundays. We’ll see how it goes this year

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby bigboy3333 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 5:58 pm

This kid, rb. Chris Warren might be our next Tyrone Wheatley. PJ Hall & Hurst was strong up the middle.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby piratepride » Sat Aug 11, 2018 6:16 pm

I watched some of the KC game and watching the Denver game now, the West is going to be wide open.
Both offenses looked average at best, but the defenses looked like shit.
Both d lines were getting pushed off the ball with ease and the openings were all there for the opposing teams.
I know it's only pre season, but still.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:21 pm

bigboy3333 wrote:This kid, rb. Chris Warren might be our next Tyrone Wheatley. PJ Hall & Hurst was strong up the middle.

I liked Warren as well. We're stacked at RB. If Doug Martin has nothing left cut him and EJ Manuel and keep Deandre Washington and or Jalen Richards and Chris Warren. Gruden likes vets so he better not keep Doug Martin just because he's a vet and maybe bounce back. Hall and Hurst looked good as well. We need Mack and Conley back to get the D in gear.

Last edited by FreddieB25 on Sat Aug 11, 2018 7:30 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum