Walther PPQ 45

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Walther PPQ 45

Postby blazin1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 6:25 pm

I was checking this gun out today and really like it. I am thinking about buying one. I tested it out with and without attachments. They are accurate as hell and feel great in your hands. What do you think? Should I get it? I am also looking for a nice rifle if you have any you like best let me know.

http://www.waltherarms.com/handguns/ppq/ppq-45/

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Walther PPQ 45

Postby blazin1 » Wed Sep 06, 2017 7:30 pm

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 2:05 am

As long as you point it at Norton jr and scare him out of Oakland.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:47 am

I'll preface this by saying I'm pretty much a gun snob. Part of that surfaces when I have a bad experience with a gun. For example, people swear to me that S&W's M&P striker-fired guns are awesome and completely trustworthy. Problem is I absolutely despised the predecessor models - you've seen them in the movies, they're generally stainless, large, inaccurate, sloppy pieces of shit. Because of that, I won't buy another S&W semi-auto. Period. I don't give a shit who says they're great. Because the fact is that there are SO MANY guns out there I KNOW are great, there's just no reason for me to go back to that well.

Exact same issue with Walther. I bought a PPK a long time ago. It jammed literally every other round. I don't go back to that. This guy makes it look like a great gun, but I don't know how well they wear over time, or what kind of defect rate they have out of the box, etc. And since there's absolutely NO NEED for me to ever buy another Waltehr, I just don't.

So you're looking at a full-sized .45 ACP striker-fired gun. Not really something for concealed carry, right? There are only 2 brands I ever recommend with zero hesitation based on my own experience, and one of them I don't really even like. Glocks are plenty reliable and accurate, but I hate the ergonomics. I owned a compact .40 once, Model 23, and I've shot the full-size .45 and the small-size .45. The grip angle is bullshit, but it has to be that way because they wanted the slide to be so low-profile. The trigger is like pushing my finger into a 40-yr-old twinkie. Horrible. HAVING SAID THAT, I would bet my life on a Glock any day. It does the job. Every time. But I'm sure you have plenty of experience with Glocks and are purposefully looking for a different brand of striker-fired gun (probably for the same reason I did).

The other one is the Springfield XD/XDs/XDm (he actually mentions them in his video). World-class fuckin guns man. When it comes to striker-fired, they've got the ergonomics, the reliability and the accuracy. Also, unlike the Glock, the XDm has a grip safety. Not really a game-changer, but it doesn't hurt. Slap on a set of Talon Grips and nothing beats it.

If someone told me I had to get rid of every gun I owned except one, I'd keep my Springfield XDm .45. 13 in the mag, 1 in the pipe. Pulled it out of the box and it chewed straight through 200 rounds of cheap ammo. There's nothing this gun won't shoot, and it just fucking REFUSES to fail. I've TRIED to make it fail. Shooting limp-wristed, using dirt-cheap ammo with hardly any power... No dice.

One other gun I'm dying to get my hands on is the Sig P320. That's the Army's new gun. Sig's first striker-fired. I'm pretty sure you can find a video of this same dude testing that gun out. I've never shot one, but I have absolute faith in Sig. I've owned MANY sigs in various calibers and I am a Sig guy to the core. I would buy a P320 in a heartbeat because there's not a single question in my mind that it will rock and roll.

That's my advice. I can PROMISE you that if you plunk down $500 for a new XDm, you will never be disappointed (obviously, can't vouch for any used ones). I would carry mine into a war zone along with my AK. Plus, mine came with a paddle holster, 5 mags and 2 mag holders. Meaning I could walk around with 66 fat fucking rounds of .45-cal Federal Hydra-Shok death on my waist if I ever needed to. Pretty cool setup all-around.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:59 am

blazin1 wrote:I was checking this gun out today and really like it. I am thinking about buying one. I tested it out with and without attachments. They are accurate as hell and feel great in your hands. What do you think? Should I get it? I am also looking for a nice rifle if you have any you like best let me know.

What kind of rifle?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby blazin1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:26 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
blazin1 wrote:I was checking this gun out today and really like it. I am thinking about buying one. I tested it out with and without attachments. They are accurate as hell and feel great in your hands. What do you think? Should I get it? I am also looking for a nice rifle if you have any you like best let me know.

What kind of rifle?

I am looking for a semi-automatic like an AR15 or AK47. I shot multiple rounds from a couple rifles I am looking at, but I like to get more info from other people before I buy anything.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby blazin1 » Thu Sep 07, 2017 6:38 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I'll preface this by saying I'm pretty much a gun snob. Part of that surfaces when I have a bad experience with a gun. For example, people swear to me that S&W's M&P striker-fired guns are awesome and completely trustworthy. Problem is I absolutely despised the predecessor models - you've seen them in the movies, they're generally stainless, large, inaccurate, sloppy pieces of shit. Because of that, I won't buy another S&W semi-auto. Period. I don't give a shit who says they're great. Because the fact is that there are SO MANY guns out there I KNOW are great, there's just no reason for me to go back to that well.

Exact same issue with Walther. I bought a PPK a long time ago. It jammed literally every other round. I don't go back to that. This guy makes it look like a great gun, but I don't know how well they wear over time, or what kind of defect rate they have out of the box, etc. And since there's absolutely NO NEED for me to ever buy another Waltehr, I just don't.

So you're looking at a full-sized .45 ACP striker-fired gun. Not really something for concealed carry, right? There are only 2 brands I ever recommend with zero hesitation based on my own experience, and one of them I don't really even like. Glocks are plenty reliable and accurate, but I hate the ergonomics. I owned a compact .40 once, Model 23, and I've shot the full-size .45 and the small-size .45. The grip angle is bullshit, but it has to be that way because they wanted the slide to be so low-profile. The trigger is like pushing my finger into a 40-yr-old twinkie. Horrible. HAVING SAID THAT, I would bet my life on a Glock any day. It does the job. Every time. But I'm sure you have plenty of experience with Glocks and are purposefully looking for a different brand of striker-fired gun (probably for the same reason I did).

The other one is the Springfield XD/XDs/XDm (he actually mentions them in his video). World-class fuckin guns man. When it comes to striker-fired, they've got the ergonomics, the reliability and the accuracy. Also, unlike the Glock, the XDm has a grip safety. Not really a game-changer, but it doesn't hurt. Slap on a set of Talon Grips and nothing beats it.

If someone told me I had to get rid of every gun I owned except one, I'd keep my Springfield XDm .45. 13 in the mag, 1 in the pipe. Pulled it out of the box and it chewed straight through 200 rounds of cheap ammo. There's nothing this gun won't shoot, and it just fucking REFUSES to fail. I've TRIED to make it fail. Shooting limp-wristed, using dirt-cheap ammo with hardly any power... No dice.

One other gun I'm dying to get my hands on is the Sig P320. That's the Army's new gun. Sig's first striker-fired. I'm pretty sure you can find a video of this same dude testing that gun out. I've never shot one, but I have absolute faith in Sig. I've owned MANY sigs in various calibers and I am a Sig guy to the core. I would buy a P320 in a heartbeat because there's not a single question in my mind that it will rock and roll.

That's my advice. I can PROMISE you that if you plunk down $500 for a new XDm, you will never be disappointed (obviously, can't vouch for any used ones). I would carry mine into a war zone along with my AK. Plus, mine came with a paddle holster, 5 mags and 2 mag holders. Meaning I could walk around with 66 fat fucking rounds of .45-cal Federal Hydra-Shok death on my waist if I ever needed to. Pretty cool setup all-around.

Springfield XDm 45:

Walther PPQ 45:

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:07 pm

That old man's a damn fine shot. Looks like he tends to pull right just a hair at longer distances. Pretty typical, a lot of people wrap their fingers around the trigger too much.

My XDm is not the competition. No cutout and I think it's 5" barrel. Can't say enough about it.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Sep 08, 2017 1:28 pm

blazin1 wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:

What kind of rifle?

I am looking for a semi-automatic like an AR15 or AK47. I shot multiple rounds from a couple rifles I am looking at, but I like to get more info from other people before I buy anything.

OK, I have a Colt AR-15 Target Match model with the heavy barrel. Had is=t for about 2 decades. I also have an Egyptian Maadhi AK-47.

I have an ACOG sight on the AR, and I can shoot the dick off a fly at 100 yds from a rest (I have a foregrip that spouts a bipod when you push a button). And that's not much of an exaggeration. I can put all 30 rounds into a paper plate at 100 yds in about 8 or 10 seconds. However, I have also had a "normal" pre-ban AR and it didn't have that kind of accuracy.

The problem w the AR is that it's a 5,25 NATO model and it MUST be fed 5.25 ammo. .223 just doesn't have enough kick to fully jack the bolt back as the gun gets dirtier. It short-strokes. But the 5.25 ammo seems to work great, it has a couple more grains of powder in and the bullet isn't seated as deep. Most people think there's no difference between the two but believe me, there is. So if you get an AR, don't believe what they tell you about the caliber (the outside of the receiver on my Colt is stamped .223). You have to remove the front guard and look at what's stamped on the barrel. If it says 5.25 then that's all you should put through it.

As for the AK, it's not exactly top of the line. I'm not sure there really is a top of the line AK. It has a lot of mill marks inside the receiver and shit like that. But I actually prefer it to the AR for 2 reasons: 1) power. 2) reliability. The round it fires is a fuckin beast. And the relatively loose tolerances stop it from jamming up when it gets dirty. And I could easily hit someone from 100 yds with the iron sights, so the accuracy is good enough. And I could shoot someone through a small tree, which you can't say about the AR. Body armor has absolutely zero chance of deflection. All it would do is add a little more shrapnel to the wound. Through and through like hot butter.

And there are much better models out there, from what I understand. I wouldn't pay more than $700-800 for one though, because none of them are going to be Sig quality or anything like that. They're purposefully built loose so they don't jam. I replaced the heavy-ass wood furniture with polymer. You don't need that kind of weight hanging from your shoulder.

Like I said, if I was going to war I'd have the XDm and the AK. If I need accuracy at long distance, I have a Mossberg .30-'06 hunter. It will do the job from WAY out.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum