Would this be Crazy!! or what

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Would this be Crazy!! or what

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 5:12 pm

Former Raiders RB says he's hearing Calvin Johnson 'whispers'

If the Raiders could find a way to get Calvin Johnson on the roster for 2017, the hype in Oakland would go to another level.
Jeff Smith - 9 hours ago

When the Oakland Raiders brought former Detroit Lions star Calvin Johnson to OTAs as a guest of offensive coordinator Todd Downing, fans were probably dreaming of one-handed catches and a three-headed monster at wide receiver.

Now, former Raiders running back Napoleon Kaufman is throwing a whole lot more fuel on that fire and taking the intrigue and excitement to a new level. On Thursday night he tweeted that he was hearing "whispers" of Megatron to Raider Nation.

For what it's worth, it seems to be speculation at this point, as nothing more has been heard about Johnson joining the Raiders. Also, if he was to unretire, he'd still be a member of the Detroit Lions, which is a whole different situation to get worked out.

The Oakland Raiders are gearing up for training camp. Want the latest news sent straight to your inbox? – Sign up for our FREE Raiders newsletter now!

Regardless, the thought of Megatron catching passes from Carr and teaming up with both Amari Cooper and Michael Crabtree is pretty unreal to think about. It's hard to argue that they wouldn't have the best offensive unit in the league if the team managed to find a way to make it happen

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Would this be Crazy!! or what

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jul 14, 2017 6:53 pm

If Detroit part ways with him as part of a comeback I'm all for it as long as he has some production value and can still play at a high level for him. I just don't see it. Very curious how Marshawn looks in the preseason and regular season. Could be a big story in the NFL if he produce for us and make our running game and offense even better.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jul 14, 2017 7:46 pm

I felt likeMegateon had given up the last couple seasons he played. I'd pass on him.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby silver & black » Sat Jul 15, 2017 2:04 pm

Gotta disagree with you on this one, DR. He may have given up on the last couple of years, but... look at the situation he was in. Detroit is terrible, with no hope of being better any time soon. They lost Sanders and Johnson to retirement because there is no hope for the franchise.

Megatron aint happening, anyway. Detroit holds his contract, and they aren't letting him play anywhere else. It's a useless topic for discussion. I'd take him in a heart beat, but................................

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jul 16, 2017 6:29 pm

I'm telling you man, he's burnt. He's afraid to take hits, and he won't lay out for anything. Rice was the same way when he played for us, but Rice is the GOAT and found ways around it. Besides he had Gannon in a dink-and-dunk, not Carr who can throw a mile.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Jul 18, 2017 11:16 am

No opinion on this. If we get him than that's cool if not who gives a shit. At least he doesn't drop everything like Del's BF Crabtree

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Jul 21, 2017 7:44 am

IF we don't take him, the Patriots might and that would suck

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs