Draft is three weeks away

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Draft is three weeks away

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 07, 2024 8:56 am

With the draft being a few weeks away who are some guys you wouldn’t mind drafting at #13?
I wouldn’t mind it if we traded up to #3 overall for Jaden Daniel’s, but that’s very unlikely and we’d have to give up future number ones so not a real option.
I’ll go first..
1. QB Michael Pennix, all last month I’ve been telling myself we can get him in round two, but there’s a lot of buzz on teams like the Seahawks taking him mid round one. I doubt he falls into the second round. Arguably has the best arm, with some health concerns in his past, but has a lethal accurate arm when provided time. As much as I want to continue to build a bully on defense and have a chance to see this defense reach an elite level, we need more talent at one of the most important positions in a desperate way and may need to reach here to secure him.
2. CB- Quinon Mitchell /Terrion Arnold- we have a real shot to build a bully on defense this season and can take half the field away with either of these guys. Chargers and Denver lost some key WR’s, we stick up on a great corner here and flip the tables on the rest of the AFC west. They won’t have but 2 maybe 3 seconds to get rid of the ball but where are they gonna throw too?

3. RT- Taliese Fuaga- going into this season with only Thayer Mumford and some no name guys scare me, so I wouldn’t mind it if we called his name at #13 over anyone else either, and looked to fill the other positions in the second round. This guy is right behind Joe Alt in my mind. Big time nasty powerful player with puts it in the line for his team and plays like a Raider. We need some tough skilled Dawgs on the team and he’s a plug and play type dude. He would continue to open holes for Zamir and hold off the edge pressure for whoever is throwing the ball for us this year.

What say you?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Draft is three weeks away

Postby silver & black » Wed Apr 10, 2024 4:42 pm

I would rather not trade the farm away for an unknown QB. If Penix is there at 13.... go for it. I would love to have Jayden Daniels. I just don't think it's wise to do what it will take.

I would go O line instead Of QB. QB is not going to help us without an O line. Maybe the D can carry the team, but I wouldn't count on it. Unfortunately, the Raiders are in a fucked up situation right now. They need a franchise QB, but it will cost way too much to get him.... IMO. They need to concentrate on building a solid O line for who ever is the next franchise QB. With a solid O line AO4 could win games... as could Minshew. What ever happens, I will support the team.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 14, 2024 9:31 am

Good stuff Silver, I’ll support them no matter what too!!
I can’t wait.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Thu Apr 25, 2024 6:50 pm

And the Raiders continue to be a joke...lol.

edit: I'm going to recant that statement after having some time to think about it. The Raiders just did what the Raiders never do.... picked the BPA. Bowers is a top 5 talent. There were no QB's available at #13. They did the smart thing and took what could be the next Gronk/Kelce. This dude is a weapon.

On to round 2.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Fri Apr 26, 2024 8:03 am

Silver, I was shocked to hear Bowers name called, but warmed up to him within minutes. I thought he may have gone a few picks before us and was off my radar completely as it wasn’t a true need. You’re right, BPA for sure. This gives Mayer some better looks too and both TE’s are really good blockers who will find an opening on play action passes. Hopefully Bowers end up being our Kelce!!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Fri Apr 26, 2024 6:53 pm

We get the Oregon center / guard in the second round (23rd) ranked overall player! I’m reading up on him and he’s another stud man. Freak basketball/ wrestling stud growing up, and a powerful body that should be able to beat out Cody Whitehair. I’m noticing a big difference with Tom Telesco at the helm.
Awesome talent evaluator, and so far just picking best player available. I wouldn’t have minded a RT , but the Jackson Powers is gonna open up some massive holes for Zamir. Hats off to Telesco so far.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sat Apr 27, 2024 5:18 am

Yea, I'm liking Telesco. This draft has been a 180* turn from what's been happening for the last 25 years. We are drafting solid football players. These next 3-7 rounds will be interesting. I'm thinking probably solid depth picks.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum