Best QB combinations heading into 2023

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Best QB combinations heading into 2023

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 16, 2023 11:38 am

Below is my way too early QB list going into next year.
1. Draft CJ Stroud- this will more than likely take some wizardry from Ziegler to possibly pull off a trade with the Colts. I say a swap of picks and the rights to Derek Carr may be enough. If we get CJ, the backup QB won’t matter, the way he performed against the best defense (Georgia) in the championship GM has me hoping he wears silver & black next year.
2. If we sit pat at #7, we have got to build up our defense and get best DL available. Sign Tom Brady, and draft Will Levi’s. I personally don’t like Wills style and think he’s not ready yet, hence the sitting behind Brady for a year approach. He may even benefit from some goal line packages similar to Lamar Jackson.
3. Lamar Jackson- as much as I think his injury is a cause for concern, his game play is electrifying and can energize this team all by himself, I just don’t think he’s an overall team fit and won’t be able to consistently pass into tight windows, and our D is not good enough to keep giving him chances like Baltimores.
Any thoughts?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Best QB combinations heading into 2023

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 16, 2023 2:25 pm

piratepride wrote:Below is my way too early QB list going into next year.
1. Draft CJ Stroud- this will more than likely take some wizardry from Ziegler to possibly pull off a trade with the Colts. I say a swap of picks and the rights to Derek Carr may be enough. If we get CJ, the backup QB won’t matter, the way he performed against the best defense (Georgia) in the championship GM has me hoping he wears silver & black next year.
2. If we sit pat at #7, we have got to build up our defense and get best DL available. Sign Tom Brady, and draft Will Levi’s. I personally don’t like Wills style and think he’s not ready yet, hence the sitting behind Brady for a year approach. He may even benefit from some goal line packages similar to Lamar Jackson.
3. Lamar Jackson- as much as I think his injury is a cause for concern, his game play is electrifying and can energize this team all by himself, I just don’t think he’s an overall team fit and won’t be able to consistently pass into tight windows, and our D is not good enough to keep giving him chances like Baltimores.
Any thoughts?

Why would you want Stroud? The Georgia game is the only time I ever saw him run...or play tough. He';s a pocket passer... and we have an inept O line. Ohio State QB's traditiuonally suck in the NFL. I see no reason to think Stroud will be different.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Mon Jan 16, 2023 3:07 pm

I think Stroud can make all the passes you need him too, and is more athletic than Stidham. Don’t think he likes to run, but McDaniels prefers his QB’s to work within his system as opposed to running it when the line breaks down. Will Levi’s reminds me of a guy that only goes to his 1st read and if it’s not there takes off ( similar to Lamar). I hear you on the Ohio state history, only to me this guy’s accuracy is unlike numerous others. I hope we go Defense at #7, and get Brady, but wouldn’t be mad if Stroud was the pick either.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Mon Jan 16, 2023 5:46 pm

He is accurate. I question his heart. If he has protection, he's dangerous. Unfortunately, no matter what McDummy likes or doesn't like, sometimes the QB has to take off and run the ball. I prefer a pocket passer, but one that isn't scared to run if need be... and doesn't play soft.... which Stroud had done his whole career at OSU. I'm not convinced he has the brain power to run an NFL offense, let alone McDummy's. I'm sure we will end up with him because I don't want him...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 17, 2023 6:45 am

Please don't bring that sorry ass Brady to Vegas. After watching him get killed by Dallas, it's clear he is done!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Jan 31, 2023 10:37 am

silver & black wrote:He is accurate. I question his heart. If he has protection, he's dangerous. Unfortunately, no matter what McDummy likes or doesn't like, sometimes the QB has to take off and run the ball. I prefer a pocket passer, but one that isn't scared to run if need be... and doesn't play soft.... which Stroud had done his whole career at OSU. I'm not convinced he has the brain power to run an NFL offense, let alone McDummy's. I'm sure we will end up with him because I don't want him...lol.

Wonderful, sounds like another fuckin Derek Carr.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum