Beating a top 10 defense

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Beating a top 10 defense

Postby blazin1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:01 pm

I actually have hope for this season. I'm glad Josh McDaniels got his first win against the Broncos. I fucking hate the Donkeys. Plus their fans are super pissed right now and it's great!

Giving the ball back to Josh Jacobs was perfect against the Donks! The Raiders really need to keep the offense balanced. Denver couldn't even stop it. A lot of play calls were questionable, but the Raiders won the game. Now the Raiders need to get ready for KC. Monday night football in KC is going to be rough.

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Beating a top 10 defense

Postby blazin1 » Sun Oct 02, 2022 5:08 pm

I live in Colorado and my friends were calling me during the game. It's silence mode now. Thankfully the Raiders won, because I wouldn't want to deal with those Bronco shits all week!

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 03, 2022 8:22 am

My take on the game:

God I hate the Broncos. HATE. The Broncos. I can't stand the Chargers or Chiefs, they make me want to punch someone, but I DESPISE the Broncos. Watching them go down is just sublime.

But while I was at it I watched our QB once again fail to get any kind of chunk play. And it doesn't happen for 3 reasons: 1) He doesn't understand the playbook or the scheme, 2) He's chicken isht to throw deep and 3) when he throws past 15 yds he overthrows or underthrows or just throws it away. Look at the stat. 21 completions, 188 yds, 0 TDs. That's freaking HORRIBLE. 5.5 yds/attempt. WHAT?! That has to be wrong, doesn't it? NO!

Compare that to Russ, who was TRASHING us with chunk plays all game - 17 completions, 237 yd, 2 TDs. 9.5 yds/attempt. You know, like the way pro QBs put up stats...

Man, if we had a competent QB out there we'd be killing it. We COULD have had Russ. We'd be 3-1 with Wilson or maybe even 4-0.

But hey, at least Carr figured out how to run right? 7 runs, 40 yds. First downs. NICE! Yeah, Russ knows how to run too.

4th best QB in the AFCW. We cannot afford Derek Carr's sub-mediocre play. All anyone has to do is shut down the run and put it all on Carr and we're DONE. As evidenced by our 0-3 start. And do we think we have the OL to impose our will on teams not called the Broncos? Everyone been crying about it all year long, our OL is trash, and people think the run game will save us?

And don't give me crap about bitching about a win. I don't want to hear it at 1-3. For those who think winning is ALL that matters, that's COMPLETE BS, unless you're 1 win away from the playoffs or you're IN the playoffs. It absolutely matters HOW you win - and how you lose - because that tells you all about your team and what you're capable of and what's going to happen in the future. It's great in the moment when your team scores with a pick-6. Doesn't do a THING for you down the road tho.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby blazin1 » Mon Oct 03, 2022 1:45 pm

I agree Carr's numbers were shit for the game. I think McDaniels needs to simplify the playbook. Davante Adams said the offense is the most complicated one he's seen. They need to do something about that if it's causing problems. Also, I think Carr should have more control of the play calling, so he's not staring down the main target every damn time. I know you probably don't like that idea but it worked last year. If Carr does get more control and still sucks then there is no one else to blame but him.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Oct 05, 2022 6:02 am

I'm in a different situation than you man, I just don't buy this bullshit that Carr is locked into one receiver on every play. I've never heard that horse shit in my life, you can't do that shit in the NFL. I think that's cover for Carr's asinine play. I think Carr is completely clueless about the playbook. And I think he won't cut it loose because of that. And really, than God for that because he'd probably have 10 INTs if he was trying to throw it deep.

Then again, wtf do we have to lose? We're fucking 1-3. I don't give a fucking RIP about this win other than the fact we took out the Broncos. We're 1-3, and we have no passing game in a passing league. We're FUCKED.

Chiefs by 2 TDs. They jump out ahead early, sideline our run game, put it all on Carr, he throws at least 1 pick, gets sacked at least twice and generally coughs up a VERY bad game.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum