Dominating the donkeys

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Dominating the donkeys

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 17, 2021 4:33 pm

Yeah, I see this game more as exposing a really bad Broncos team rather than some kind of great rebound game from us. Good to be 4-2 though. Great to see a bunch of sacks and INTs, even if Teddy was pretty Much carving us up whenever he had time.

And then losing an onside kick at the end, Jesus Christ, wtf is that?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Dominating the donkeys

Postby piratepride » Sun Oct 17, 2021 10:18 pm

I'm more impressed by the way the team came out in the 1st qtr. They played with a sense of urgency finally! Defense got home all day and it appeared like the secondary was doing decent. Hoping Mullen and Incognito v
Return after the bye week.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 18, 2021 11:40 am

Yeah, we're going o see with crystal clarity how much Gruden was holding back the offense.

Olson is an atrocious OC but I don't think Carr is going to let him ruin the offense. I think Carr will have a major hand in how plays are called from here out.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:01 pm

Here's what I loved most about this game:

1. We scored in ALL 4 QUARTERS. Foot on the gas.

2. At the end of the 3rd the score was 31-10. Foot on the gas. The final would have been a lot worse if they hadn't gotten that onside kick.

3. Last season under Gruden, we scored exactly ONE touchdown all season long with a lead. And so far this season we had scored only TWO TDs with a lead through 5 games. Yesterday we scored THREE TDs with a lead. THREE in ONE freakin game compared to ONE all last season. FOOT ON THE GAS!

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 18, 2021 12:10 pm

OTHER than what the d-line was doing to Teddy and what Hayward was doing in coverage, I didn't like much about our defense yesterday. I credit ALL THREE INTs to the pressure on the QB rather than any ball-hawkin' DBs.

Teddy was pretty much owning us, 334 yds and 3 passing TDs. THAT kind of stat line for a QB will usually get a team a win. And the fucked up part is, WE NEVER BLITZ!! So there are ALWAYS 7 guys out in coverage! How the hell do we allow TEDDY to hang that many yds on us??

Not to mention we were giving up 5 ypc and some BIG plays on the ground. We're lucky our offense had these fools playing catch-up the entire game or they could have just run us into the ground.

Here's another question: How many times did our defense get off the field on 3rd and long? Seriously, how many LONG fucking first downs did we allow? That's some embarrassing shit man! And they need to mothball the FUCK out of that play where they drop everyone back to the sticks to try to stop a first down on 3rd and long, because that NEVER works.

Once again: D-line and Hayward ELITE. And that will get you some wins - until your stars go down. But many other areas need a lot of work.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum