Consistent personnel on defense

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Consistent personnel on defense

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Sep 29, 2021 8:39 am

Despite injuries, we've started the exact same 11 guys on defense every single game:

Maxx Crosby
Johnathan Hankins
Quinton Jefferson
Denzel Perryman
Cory Littleton
Trayvon Mullen
Casey Hayward
Nate Hobbs
Johnathan Abram
Trevon Moehrig

Let's hope we're able to keep that up.

Also, as long as we're hoping, let's hope we can get Morrow or Javin White off IR soon to take Leavitt or Teamer's place.

And let's hope Keisean Nixon comes off soon to give us some relief from Arnette. I'm getting tired of watching that kid get killed out there. I don't think Nixon is a massive upgrade over Arnette, but I DO think he gives up fewer big plays, and his improvement arc last season was pretty good.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Consistent personnel on defense

Postby piratepride » Fri Oct 01, 2021 4:51 pm

Herbert is going to be a tough and fair assessment for our D. I think they're top 4 or 5 as far as offense goes. I can't wait to see this game live and in person come Monday.
I like Nixon over Arnette too, I'm not sure why it's taking Damon so l9ng to develop but I have a hunch. I follow him on IG and during the off-season he's always posting wanna be rapper shit. If he was more concerned about improving like our guys meeting at local Vegas parks ( Renfrow,Waller,Edwards, Ruggs) he'd be a major contributor too. Such a shame cuz he has talent and the fast twitch required for his position.
Morrow played his way into a starting role, but where does he fit in now?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Re: Consistent personnel on defense

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Oct 02, 2021 3:26 pm

I’m pretty sure Morrow has been Perryman’d out of a starting role. And no way he’s going to unseat Littleton. As far as I’m concerned, Wright is the legit #3. So Morrow should now be a legit backup.

Sorry guys, the culture of injury stops here. Better fucking take care of yourselves. At this point I don’t even care if the injuries are legit or if they’re just pussies or some of both. Stay on the fucking field.

I’d look hard at that Marlon Mack trade to marginalize Jacobs a bit more as well. Fuck this, we clearly need a REAL 2-headed run game. I thought we had it last year w Booker, should have held onto that kid.

We also need to go ahead and land a real OG. While Simpson may well be the long term answer at LG, Eluemunor is NOT. Good is gone and we need to just write off Incognito. So let’s set Good back into a backup spot where he belongs and get a legit starter in there.

I read we made some cap space a week ago or so. Why? Time to make use of it. Let Incognito go w injury designation and bring in someone else. From what I can tell we only guaranteed him $1.1M.

Good to have Eluemunor as a backup to both OG spots as well since he’s halfway decent. Last fuckin thing I want to see is Jordan Simmons or that fuckin goofy looking white kid out on the field.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum