Chiefs & Chargers take a dump

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Chiefs & Chargers take a dump

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 20, 2021 6:48 am

And Donkeys are beating cream puffs.

We're in first place in the division because both our wins have been in-conf.

Chargers haven't won a single game in-conf yet.

TEMPERING EXPECTATIONS:

Last year we started 2-0 as well, and one of those wins against the Saints. But still, the team didn't feel anything like this, did it?

Hell, to ME the team didn't feel like this in 2016. I thought we were INCREDIBLY lucky in 2016, we had no business being 12-4. But yesterday we just shut down PIT like they were nothing. It was glorious. We weren't imposing our will like that in 2016 IMO.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Chiefs & Chargers take a dump

Postby silver & black » Mon Sep 20, 2021 8:23 am

All that is true, but Pitt was missing key players on D to start the game and then lost Watt. Their O line sucks. I know it was Pitt, but......

We had guys out too, I know. I still think we win the game, but losing TJ was huge for them.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 20, 2021 9:27 am

silver & black wrote:All that is true, but Pitt was missing key players on D to start the game and then lost Watt. Their O line sucks. I know it was Pitt, but......

We had guys out too, I know. I still think we win the game, but losing TJ was huge for them.

Ngakoue played as much as Watt. He started but he was fucking gone real quick. He didn't have a single stat. So neither team had our best pass rusher. Watt is an elite pass rusher, so is Ngakoue. Yet we pressured the FUCK out of Ben. And we didn't have anyone as badass as the combination of Heyward/Alualu on our line. So I would say, Watt or no Watt, PIT still had the upper hand in terms of D-lines.

And WE didn't have our star RB.

OR our starting RG or our starting LG.

I would say that our teams were ABOUT equally banged up, maybe we were a bit worse off because of our RB being out

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Mon Sep 20, 2021 1:43 pm

I hear ya. Please don't think I'm downplaying our win. I just think we may have dodged a bullet because Pitt's defense is a very strong unit. Then again, Carr and the boys played well, as did the defense.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Sep 20, 2021 3:23 pm

silver & black wrote:I hear ya. Please don't think I'm downplaying our win. I just think we may have dodged a bullet because Pitt's defense is a very strong unit. Then again, Carr and the boys played well, as did the defense.

I hear you man, but we've faced strong defenses even last year and hung points on them. Even when our OL isn't playing great, we put up points.

I mean, what were our PPG last year?

Now we've beaten TWO great defenses with an average of almost 30 ppg.

Last week we hung 33 on the Ravens. KC only hung 35 on them. Then another 26 on PIT, and it COULD have been worse, I think, if it had been a shootout.

Honestly, I think our offense is damn near as good as KC's. It's top-5.

And Carr is playing like a top-5 QB so far this year. I can think of VERY few QBs I'd trade him for at this very moment. His accuracy has been great, his arm is live as hell, he's making great calls at the line, spreading the ball around... And the CONFIDENCE, man. Think about it, S&B, he had an EASY first-down pitch & catch with Renfrow across the middle and chose to throw a 60-yd bomb to Ruggs instead on 3rd and 10. On fucking 3rd and 10 man! It was a critical possession. How many QBs have the brass fuckin balls to do that when automatic RENFROW is staring them in the face at the sticks in the middle of the field?? I cannot overstate that decision, and the execution was extraordinary - floated it right over his shoulder in the bread basket.

There's already MVP talk.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Mon Sep 20, 2021 5:10 pm

I definitely think Carr is in the top 5 of QB's right now. I never thought I'd be saying that...lol.

He is playing like before he broke his leg. If that continues, the Raiders are going to be a very dangerous team... barring injuries and anything unforeseen.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Sep 21, 2021 6:55 am

Say what you will about the Steelers injuries, Carr and Ruggs beat Minkah Fitzpatrick on that long bomb. So they still had plenty of great players out there trying to hold us back and it seemed like Carr was completing passes at will, even though they KNEW we were throwing the ball. I mean, we sure as fuck weren't running it.

I just can't stop talking about that play. It was SO vintage Raiders. You have to love that kind of shit.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum