Now we're just adding a bunch of trash

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Now we're just adding a bunch of trash

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 23, 2021 1:42 pm

Re-signing Lawson?

And how many worthless d-linemen are we going to sign? How many of these guys think they're going to make the team?

Darius Philon?? What the FUCK?

Matt Dickerson? Fuck him.

I'll go out on a limb and say the ONLY worthwhile thing we did on the DL was add Ngakoue.

Quinton Jefferson and Solomon Thomas? Fuck them.

None of these other fucking guys are upgrades.

I like the offensive signings. John Brown (I don't expect anything more from him than Agholor gave us), that starting OC from HOU (he should be able to play OG, because Andre James is going to be the C, I believe), Kenyan Drake. Bringing back Incognito. Good, impactful stuff. Carrier, Riddick, Zay Jones - all dirt-cheap STs and low-end depth. Got some picks for Gabe, Rodney and Trent.

On defense I love Ngakoue, love re-signing Morrow. I even like bringing back Vickers and keeping Nassib (both strong role-players IMO) at a reduced price. But that's pretty much it, Irving is nothing but a ?, fuck Dallin Leavitt, all these no-name D-Linemen can go to hell.

We're throwing shit against the wall to see if anything sticks on defense. You can't just add one stud and expect everything to turn around for you on defense. Ngakoue won't be able to do jack shit if we can't cover anyone or stop the run. So I have to assume that days 1 and 2 of the draft will be dedicated to defense.

I think it would be fucking great to get a shiny new WR on day 2, but with this kind of trash coming in via FA, I don't think we can afford to. Which means Grudock is taking a massive gamble hoping Ruggs and Edwards can step WAY the fuck up this coming season.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Now we're just adding a bunch of trash

Postby silver & black » Tue Mar 23, 2021 2:16 pm

Same old shit. It never changes. I can't wait for Gruden to be done. I wish we would have kept Del Rio.

I hope I change my mind soon, but Gruden was never a favorite of mine. I was hoping Mayock would bring some much needed intelligence to the decision making, but it doesn't look like it. Signing that fucking problem child from the Chargers just pissed me off. Oh well, fuck it.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:22 am

silver & black wrote:Same old shit. It never changes. I can't wait for Gruden to be done. I wish we would have kept Del Rio.

I hope I change my mind soon, but Gruden was never a favorite of mine. I was hoping Mayock would bring some much needed intelligence to the decision making, but it doesn't look like it. Signing that fucking problem child from the Chargers just pissed me off. Oh well, fuck it.

Yeah well, Del Rio, IMO, made a fatal error when he ditched Musgrave after a 12-4 season (even though it was one of the luckiest seasons I've ever seen a team have). So it's not like his decision-making was the greatest either.

Plus, I don't like having defensive-minded HCs, they just hold their teams back from reaching their potential - Case in point, Dungy in TB couldn't get over the hump, then Gruden comes in with Dungy's team and takes home the Lombardi.

I'm not happy with the way this offseason is going (We look like an 8-8 team to me right now), and not happy with the way any of the seasons under Gruden have gone.

HOWEVER... This is the year. This is when we find out if his picks - and I'm talking about Ruggs, Edwards, Moreau, Jacobs, Simpson, Arnette, Abram, Crosby, Ferrell, Mullen, Isaiah Johnson, Amik Robertson, you could also throw Kolton Miller in there - THIS year is when we see if those guys are going to be capable of stepping up to put this team in contention for the playoffs or not. THIS is when all the "it's too early to tell" bullshit falls away and the true judgement begins.

And to me that means that none of our upcoming draft picks except 1st and possibly 2nd rounders really mean shit. Because those are the only guys likely to have an instant positive impact on the team. So if Gruden wants to succeed, he MUST hit big-time on one or both of those picks.

And what do I mean by "succeed"? IMO he HAS to hit double-digit wins this coming season. If he does that, even if we miss the playoffs, I will be happy. Because 10+ wins will mean that, beyond a shadow of a doubt, we're on the right track and will be a force.

10 WINS is the absolute MINIMUM Gruden needs to do this season.

So while I'm not happy right now and I don't think things look particularly good right now, I'm not boycotting Raiders gear or anything at this point. They have next season, then we talk about that kind of shit.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:25 am

I will say I think people are really barking up the wrong tree hammering Gruden about signing Kenyan Drake. Here's why:

The intention is not to use him as just a standard RB like Jacobs. He's going to be the Joker, splitting out wide a lot. And he's a good receiver. So he actually does a lot to supplement our passing game.

People are taking a very myopic view of this signing, I think Gruden's got big plans for Drake. And with a full offseason to cement those plans and train Drake to play the way we want him to, we could have a lot of success with him out there.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 26, 2021 10:30 am

Also, I just don't think our OL is going to be all that much worse this season. Last year all our fuckin guys were hurt all the time, we had backups in there all the damn time anyway. So at least this time we'll get Miller and Incognito back where they belong.

And apparently Andre James is the next coming of Jesus at Center. Raiders are "ery high" on him. And knowing Cable is the POL coach, I trust that assessment. Which means we'l have him doing a damn good job at OC, then we can kick the dude from HOU out to RG, and play Good at RT if we don't find someone else to take that spot.

That leaves us VERY THIN especially at T, basically leaving us with Parker as our only backup, so we need to at least find a couple backups in FA or the draft.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Fri Mar 26, 2021 2:43 pm

I don't mind the Kenyan Drake signing at all. I also agree about not wanting a Defensive minded coach. I just don't like the way Gruden manages games... never did. He has no killer instinct. He lets every opponent back in the game when he has a lead. He plays way too conservative. He's a brilliant football guy. He just lacks whatever it is to be a great HC, IMO.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Mar 29, 2021 12:44 pm

Yeah, you and I have talked about it. He wants to play the game in a way that hasn't worked for 20 years. You just can't do it anymore, you're NEVER safe.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum