The Dreaded QB thread

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

The Dreaded QB thread

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:03 pm

We all said Carr had no excuses.

Is 4000 yds and 27 or so TDs with an 8-8 record enough? Is that what you wanted to see from him?

This past offseason, when you were thinking about what he’d need to do to keep his job, does this season meet your bare minimum requirements?

Not mine. In my opinion he must go. And you all know I was on the kid’s side going into 2020.

I believe there are 4 things to consider when making this decision - well, more than 4, but these are the main ones in my opinion.

1. Has Carr displayed the ability to take this team to a SB and win it? NO.

2. Can we get anything for him if we trade him? YES.

3. Are there legit replacements we can realistically land who will outperform him? HELL YES. This draft is full of righteous arms.

4. Can Gruden and his staff develop whoever we get into a SB-winning QB? Not so sure ab this one.

So the majority of the signs point towards drafting a new arm in my highly educated opinion.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: The Dreaded QB thread

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Dec 27, 2020 4:08 pm

Next season Justin Herbert is going to DESTROY US. He’s a fuckin badass, with none of Carr’s weaknesses, and we’re going to pay for not trading up to draft him for a LONG time.

His fucking ROOKIE SEASON has been better than any of Carr’s BEST seasons.

Meanwhile there are a ton of young studs out there lighting it up while we struggle along with our broken wheel.

I look at Josh Allen and almost cry.

Tua is tearing it up, taking his team to the playoffs, where they had no business being before he took over.

Kyler Murray is killing it. Lamar Jackson.

Mayfield is tightening up his play as well.

Burrow is doing well and is only going to get FAR BETTER.

I would trade Carr for Darnold, because I think Darnold is being grossly mis-used and could be a great QB.

That’s EIGHT young arms outplaying Carr, or with the obvious potential to do so. Personally I believe both Murray and Jackson will eventually get broken and be useless after that, but right now they’re winning games for their teams. Carr isn’t winning nearly enough games for us.

in my opinion there are at least FIVE QBs in the next draft that are balls-out franchise guys, maybe six. We need to go get one of the top 4.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sun Dec 27, 2020 5:08 pm

No... he did not do enough. He had some good games. I'm not going to blame the losses on him. I am going to blame him for not being a leader. He just isn't a take charge kind of QB. He has the physical skills, but he sorely lacks leadership qualities. We will never win shit with him. He's a better than average QB in skills, but it takes way more than that to win consistently.

I put the blame for this season squarely on Gruden. He's a fucking pussy. He has zero killer instinct. This team needs to score as many points as possible, but he takes his foot off the gas when we have a lead.... ha plays not to lose. It's why I didn't want him back. He has a brilliant football mind, but he lacks the killer instinct to win at all cost.

He isn't going anywhere, I know. So............... that leaves us to find a QB that fucking hates to lose. You have no idea how much I would love to see Baker Mayfield in Silver and Black. Hell, lets trade him for Darnold or Wentz.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Dec 28, 2020 1:32 pm

Hell, I even love Gardener Minshew. Nobody loves to win more than that kid.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Dec 28, 2020 2:12 pm

Jesus Christ if Gruden picks up Haskins I’m going to fucking flip the fuck out.

It would be like Gruden to think he could get something out of Haskins - like when he signed Marriota.

Dude needs to get a fucking grip and hit the hard reset button.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Tue Dec 29, 2020 10:45 am

Aaron Rodgers!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:13 pm

I’d love to have Rodgers. But I’m not as high on him as most people are. Tom Brady's the GOAT because he could take ANY type of team to the SB - whatever the talent level may be. Rodgers just seems to give up if his team doesn’t have the level of talent he wants to see.

That said, our offense should have the level of talent he wants to see.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 03, 2021 2:14 pm

For my money, Josh Allen is the best fuckin QB in the league right now. He’s just destroying everyone and could very well drag his team to the SB. I think the Bills are the one team nobody wants to play right now.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Jan 03, 2021 5:34 pm

I lost count. Did Carr throw 3 picks or just 2 in this game?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum