Mock draft update

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mock draft update

Postby piratepride » Mon Mar 02, 2020 7:07 pm

As it stands now, I'm not sure we have anybody explosive enough to stop Lamar Jackson let alone Mahomes. Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen is a start, just not as much as Simmons would be IMO.
I get we need to score points and the NFL is turning 8nto an offensive league. I just want one ....ok maybe 2 linebackers we can throw at some of these unstoppable TE's for once. Your n9t going t9 beat us with an easy 10 yard pass to a wide open Travis Kelce.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:18 am

piratepride wrote:Could he cover Calvin Johnson? Probably not if I'm bieng honest.
What I meant is, a lot of teams across the league don't have upper echelon linebackers that can stay on the field every down. I forget if we kept in Mclain due to not having any timeouts, or just plain stupidity.
Simmons combine numbers were better than Julio Freaking Jones. He's a chess peice that never leaves the field. He'd be someone I'd grab with Mahomes in the division in a heartbeat. You take Kelce away, sign Byron Jones to help with Tyreek Hill, and all of the sudden we match up better

Except when Derrick Henry comes up and trucks the little fucker. Or Melvin Gordon. Or half the backs in the league. Or any of the o-linemen get on him and wash him right out of every run play.

And forget about rushing the passer. One clip from any o-lineman knocks him out of bounds. And any RB can stay in and stack him right up.

Yeah, he'd be great in pass coverage though.

I hate hybrid players.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Tue Mar 03, 2020 7:32 am

piratepride wrote:As it stands now, I'm not sure we have anybody explosive enough to stop Lamar Jackson let alone Mahomes. Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen is a start, just not as much as Simmons would be IMO.
I get we need to score points and the NFL is turning 8nto an offensive league. I just want one ....ok maybe 2 linebackers we can throw at some of these unstoppable TE's for once. Your n9t going t9 beat us with an easy 10 yard pass to a wide open Travis Kelce.

Listen bro, I think you're forgetting about Johnathan Abram.

This is EXACTLY why they drafted that dude in the 1st round. So take a deep breath man, they got this covered.

You're absolutely right, we need LBs. Not hybrids - LBs. We need at least 1 in FA and maybe 2 more in the draft - or vice versa. Because we really need to cut Whitehead, he's a fuckin POS. We need an ALL NEW LB corps, except for Nick Morrow, who can be a really good backup for us.

So basically right now, we have ONE legit LB on our roster, and he's a backup. We need one in the first round, and we need an FA who's in the top 20-25 ranked FA players. Then we need another one in the 3rd round, and another FA.

We should also sign Robby Anderson and draft Jerry Jeudy.

Also in the 3rd we need a CB and a 3-tech DT.

And we should sign DJ Reader in FA.

So my offseason looks like this:

In FA:
Joe Schobert
Robby Anderson
DJ Reader
LB
CB
RB

Draft:
12: Jerry Jeudy
19: Kenneth Murray
80: CB
81: UT DT
90: LB
Rd 4: OT/OG/OC
Rd 5: Depth

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Wed Mar 04, 2020 7:32 pm

Man I hope Abram turns out to be the stud we all know he should be. I hope he's quick enough to hang with Kelce.
I still think Chris Jones can be had via sign and trade, but don't think the chiefs will except out 1st third rounder. They'll jump at our #19, but I'd love to go LB with that pick and see which DT falls to round 3.
I really like Robby Anderson too and think he'll come at a reasonable price.
Byron Jones may command too much money, but would love to have him also.

If the top 2 linebackers go sooner than expected and we don't double up on WR's, who else would you guys want at #19?
The corner from Clemson is used to working with Trayvon Mullen and we could benefit from their relationship and communication.....but I just would hate to take another corner so damn high.
We need LB help

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 06, 2020 9:37 am

piratepride wrote:Man I hope Abram turns out to be the stud we all know he should be. I hope he's quick enough to hang with Kelce.
I still think Chris Jones can be had via sign and trade, but don't think the chiefs will except out 1st third rounder. They'll jump at our #19, but I'd love to go LB with that pick and see which DT falls to round 3.
I really like Robby Anderson too and think he'll come at a reasonable price.
Byron Jones may command too much money, but would love to have him also.

If the top 2 linebackers go sooner than expected and we don't double up on WR's, who else would you guys want at #19?
The corner from Clemson is used to working with Trayvon Mullen and we could benefit from their relationship and communication.....but I just would hate to take another corner so damn high.
We need LB help

I'm with you, I hate to pick CBs in rd 1. How many have we bombed out with? If not the LBs then I'd look for another pass rusher.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Newark Raider 820 » Fri Mar 06, 2020 10:06 am

piratepride wrote:As it stands now, I'm not sure we have anybody explosive enough to stop Lamar Jackson let alone Mahomes. Kenneth Murray or Patrick Queen is a start, just not as much as Simmons would be IMO.
....i hear you...but as long as we have a Defensive Coordinator who cant put players in the right schemes to be successful it all might be a mute point

Newark Raider 820
Rookie
Rookie

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 07, 2020 1:07 pm

Out of all the beat writers I believe what Vic Tafur says most of the time since he's usually 80 percent right.
He thinks Raiders have 2 defensive starters in thier minds when it comes to free agency and probably Robby Anderson too.
He thinks it's either Byron Jones or Chris Harris we end up signing. Littleton as well as the Bengal LB Nick Vigil for depth.
Robby Anderson would allow the team to let the draft fall to them at the #12 spot.
He also says they love LB Kenneth Murray...he's a foundational peice that Mayock would love to keep stacking with.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Newark Raider 820 » Sun Mar 08, 2020 8:10 am

I really hope for Littleton and Jones...much needed speed on D, was hoping the DAMN Steelers ( my most hated team) would let Dud Dupree test free agency but he seems like a priority

Newark Raider 820
Rookie
Rookie

Postby piratepride » Mon Mar 16, 2020 11:50 am

I'm thinking the Jet's and Cardinals both go O line now after getting Dennard Hopkins.
Maybe Cedee Lamb is available after all?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum