Mike Mayock: Raiders Have Linebacker Issues

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mike Mayock: Raiders Have Linebacker Issues

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:47 pm

silver & black wrote:Don't we have a 2nd round pick from the Bears for the Mack trade?

No, we're not on any of the mock draft boards in rd 2. We have 3 3rd rd picks tho.

I think what actually happened was we swapped our 2nd rounder for the Bears' 3rd rounder this year. So we actually gave them a little bit here in order to get that second 1st round pick.

2020 season. Vegas. Playoffs.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 30, 2020 12:49 pm

Right now I'd be thinking about what it would take to move up past AZ to make sure we get Jerry Jeudy.

I'm wondering if our #12 plus a 3rd plus Arden Key might do it...

I would pull the trigger on that. #12 plus our highest 3rd plus Key to CAR for the #7 overall. They'll still have a shot at a great LB or DB.

Bring me Jeudy.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Jan 30, 2020 1:41 pm

I've seen some reports on Lamb about attitude issues. A me-first kid who bitches about lack of targets even when his team wins by two TDs.

If he's like that at the college level, wtf will happen in the NFL, with Carr checking down on him when he's open up top?

No way does Mayock look to draft someone like that. I would bet that, barring a major drop down the boards, Lamb is off our draft board. there are too many great WRs in the draft for us to saddle ourselves with a fuckin rookie lockerroom problem.

Meanwhile, Jeudy suffered a big dropoff in production from '18 to '19 because he was sharing catches with 3 other great and up-and-coming wideouts, and I never saw a thing about an attitude from him. I mean, he watched Davonta Smith take the lead in yds an TDs without so much as a cross look, from what I can tell.

Jeudy went from 1315 yds and 14 TDs in 2018 to 1163 and 10 TDs in 2019. THAT kind of shit legitimately costs guys big money, and he didn't say shit about it, as far as I can tell. If I'm wrong, someone correct me on it.

I want Jeudy.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Sat Feb 01, 2020 6:46 am

Ive read a few online comments from fans confirming the part lifestyle, never heard he's a me 1st guy....but it very well could be true.
You really can't go wrong with Lamb or Juedy, I think Lamb's the better WR today, however Juedy is 1B in my mind.
Juedy is probably better at understanding all the routes, just heard he has ceses of the drops for stretches, Carr doesn't need that in his life lol.

Just heard Jonathan Abrams' new interview with Eddie Pascal, man I hope he plays an entire season for us finally. He was describing how a team mate drove him crazy cuz he missed a formation assignment on a certain offensive look. Abram is a dilm junkie who's smart enough to call out offensive plays before they happen! We were robbed not having him part of the team last season plain and simple.
He goes on to describe how many hours he Gruden and Mayock spent watching film together and talking life. Great interview on youtube.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum