Raiders, Josh Jacobs 1; Bears, Khalil Mack 0

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders, Josh Jacobs 1; Bears, Khalil Mack 0

Postby blazin1 » Mon Oct 07, 2019 8:26 am

Josh Jacobs came to the Oakland Raiders in the Khalil Mack trade. Basically. It was with the No. 24 overall pick, acquired as part of the package the Raiders acquired from the Chicago Bears on Sept. 1, 2018, that the Raiders used to select the Alabama running back in April. And it was Jacobs who scored the go-ahead touchdown on a Marcus Allen-like leap over the pile in the fourth quarter as the Raiders pulled out the 24-21 victory in London.

Jacobs rushed for two scores and a career-best 123 yards on 26 carries. Mack had a fumble recovery, but did not record a sack.

Oakland now has two straight wins, a 3-2 record and loads of momentum.

Describe the game in two words: Deep breaths. It was almost a meltdown of epic proportions as the Raiders led 17-0 at halftime, their largest lead of the season, but were stunned as the Bears ran off 21 unanswered points.

QB breakdown: Derek Carr was his usual efficient self, except for when he wasn’t (during the Bears’ 21-0 run). Thankfully for the Raiders, he was cool and calm on the Raiders’ game-winning 97-yard drive. Carr finished with a 96.5 passer rating after completing 25 of 32 passes for 229 yards.

Pivotal play: This one is easy. The botched no-look pitch from Derek Carr to Josh Jacobs early in the third quarter, with the Raiders looking to add to their 17-0 lead in a game they were dominating on both sides of the ball. The play jump-started the Bears, who would score 21 unanswered points in the third quarter. And of course it would be Mack to recover the ball for Chicago. Had the Raiders not won, this play would be much-criticized.

Promising trend: The Raiders’ pass rush was on point in the first half. After halftime? Not so much. Maxx Crosby, Benson Mayowa and Maurice Hurst all sacked Chase Daniel before the half, and Daniel also threw an interception. But even with a three-score lead, and the Bears needing to pass to get back in the game, Oakland could not get home in the second half as the pass rush disappeared. Then Hurst ended the game with a sack of Daniel. Promising trend, indeed.

https://www.espn.com/blog/oakland-raiders/post/_/id/23536/raiders-josh-jacobs-1-bears-khalil-mack-0

You don't adjust, you just dominate.

blazin1
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 90

Re: Raiders, Josh Jacobs 1; Bears, Khalil Mack 0

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 07, 2019 10:53 am

I don’t know, I think the fuckin fumble on the goal line was the pivotal play. The botched pitch SEEMED like it took all the wind out of our sails but we had many chances after that, and that goal line fumble was just a fucking disaster.

It’s like i said in a previous post guys. We overcame some MASSIVE mistakes in this game - and some crucial penalties - to come away w a win. Just imagine what we could do if we could cut the mistakes in half.

The final score of this game could easily have been 38-14.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Oct 10, 2019 7:48 pm

FUCK Khalil Mack!!! Stupid jig didn’t want to be here I say fuck him! Fuck Shitcago! Greatest win ever for me. Ritchie Incognito is the man!!!! Ritchie smacking that chimp Mack in the mouth all day I fuckin loved it. If we could beat GB in GB that would be insane!! Gruden has been redeeming himself big time. O line coming together!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 1:30 pm

Oh, man. Beating GB in GB... Mmmmmmmm

I won't hold my breath, but it's not impossible. All this shit going on w our receiver corps, man... Gotta get shit settled and start practicing.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:35 pm

I don't think we will beat GB. Unfortunately, I can't play golf this Sunday, so It doesn't look good...lol.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Fri Oct 11, 2019 2:53 pm

Yeah, GB is gonna be tough. They're finally starting to click on offense, and thier pass rush is quick.
For us to win this, it'll have to be more of the same for the rest of the year.
Power football with Jacobs.
Quick out passes, with a few timely deep shots.
I also wouldn't mind mixing in some up twmpo angle passes to Richard and DeAndre to spell Josh Jacobs here and there.
On defense hope and pray Rodgers wakes up sick lol.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Fri Oct 11, 2019 3:42 pm

It isn't realistic to think we can beat GB at this point. I know most of us didn't think we could beat the Bears...... hell none of us ...lol. But, you just don't know until you play the game. I guess we'll see.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:38 pm

silver & black wrote:I don't think we will beat GB. Unfortunately, I can't play golf this Sunday, so It doesn't look good...lol.

Go to a fuckin putt-putt course or something dude!!

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:40 pm

I know it sounds illogical, but we have to stop the run. When Rodgers is one-dimensional, he’s human. If we have to respect the run, we’re pretty well hosed.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Oct 11, 2019 8:42 pm

Will we have Gabe back after the bye?

DeadRinger
BR Scourge