Abram tore his rotator cuff last night

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Abram tore his rotator cuff last night

Postby piratepride » Wed Sep 11, 2019 7:30 pm

Im thinking we lose also, but if by some miracle we take advantage of Mahomes' sprained ankle and win...can you imagine the media?
Nah, we lose, but for shits and grins, what kind of game plan would you go with against KC.
Somebody already mentioned this, but you could tire out their D all day and throw little dump offs to Jalen Richard / DeAndre Washington and Josh Jacobs all day.
If it was me running the O, I'd run it on all 3 downs and go for it on 4th and inches all day long. We can throw on these guys, but the idea behind this is to keep Mahomes on the sideline.
I think were good enough to slow Mahomes down for maybe 3 o4 drives. That's it!

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Sep 11, 2019 8:53 pm

Protect Carr first of all and foremost, hold if you can many of Mahomes long drives to FG attempts and match what they do if we can. Have to get off the field on defense after 3rd and longs. This has makings of the game of the weekend as long as we do our part. KC last appearance in Oakland is this Sunday. Doesn't get any better than that. These franchises hate each other more than any two in all of pro sports. It's that deep. 20 yr anniversary of us beating KC at Arrowhead, last game of that season to knock KC out of a playoff berth. We won 41-38 FG by Joe Nedney in OT . One of the most exciting Raider games I've ever seen. I could see a similiar score this Sunday. This will be a high scoring game. Have to have this one early for confidence for rest of the season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 12, 2019 7:22 am

Game plan:

Keep the run game going to keep Mahomes off the field. That means we're going to have to do some things other than run up the gut. I include the screen game in this category. Take some really nasty deep shots now and then to keep the box loose. Hold the ball.

Treat Mahomes like we treated Kyler Murray. Throw everything at him. He'll burn us at times like Murray couldn't, but it's really the only chance we have IMO. And have a spy who can chase him when he bails out of the pocket. That SHOULD have been Abram... Force him to make some of those stupid fuckin sandlot throws that we can intercept. Assuming he'll be playing, stick Conley on Watkins and leave him there all game long, since they won't have Hill.

Do those things and pray. That's the strategy.

If we can pull this one out, the sky's the limit. We could be looking at another 2016.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Fri Sep 13, 2019 6:04 pm

Its a fat chance, but Gruden has our team believing at the moment. If we do pull out all the stops and win a nail biter, the sky truly is the limit. Its KC , Pats and everyone else...well you can toss the Saints in there but basically it comes down to Brady. I'm not looking that far though, its one Sunday at a time amd the idea is to stack wins together. If we do that, the sky is the limit.
I can't wait to see Incognito and Gabe Jackson back in the fold.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Sep 13, 2019 7:41 pm

Mark Davis and Clark Hunt had a handshake this offseason. Mark said: You know guy this win would help propel us in regards to national attention and help us sell tix this season and Vegas. It's good for our division and the business of the NFL. We'll get you back in another game when needed. Clark: Okay Mark, we'll do. Clark Hunt to Andy Reid: Hold it back this game. Raiders need a lil buzz going forward. Reid: Okay boss. This applies to this game or when we play in KC or both games. Bowlen estate and Elway mailed it in last Monday night. Von and Chubb were going through the motions all game. NFL wants the Raiders in the playoffs this year to get the Vegas season tix money coming in. Raiders have to be relevant. Business and profit is more important than flopping a game or two.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum