RAIDERS vs. Cards GAME thread

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: RAIDERS vs. Cards GAME thread

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 16, 2019 12:46 pm

Derwin James just went down with a fracture in his foot, he's thier difference maker on defense. Couple that with the Melvin Gordon hold out and they've got enough problems to worry about besides Carr's chemistry with Tyrell Williams!
To me, it's not out of the question to overtake the division with what I'm seeing so far ( only pre season I know).
The rest of the NFL has tape on Mahomes now, they no longer have Hunt, only two I'm worried about is Kelce and Tyreek Hill, but we drafted Jonathan Abram to neutralize Kelce.
Denver will keep it close but I think our O line will overpower their fast smaller D line.
Only thing that worries me still is our speed at the safety position for the Tyreek Hills of the world.
Carr looks like he has a firm grasp of the system in year two, and is on a mission. The run game looks like it'll be a top 5 position this year for us running behind our massive O line.
Gabe Jackson should be back by week 6.
Defense no longer looks lost and have stuffed the run so far, still need more sack however.

We haven't looked this good in the pre season since the Gannon glory days I'm telling you all. Something feels different.

Gruden isn't even allowing Josh Jacobs to catch out of the backfield yet! Toss in a hungry AB and Denver won't stand a chance in Oakland in a few weeks time.

Can we keep up with KC though?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 1:45 pm

Always looks promising after first two wins in the preseason. Not saying we're not improved and have more intensity and passion in these games. But something seems to go horribly wrong once the season starts for almost twenty years now. Gruden and young talent factor will help. Past seasons talent or not we can look good in full games, half of games than mail it in for a few games, get behind the 8 ball in the standings in either late October or late November than play out the string with no immediacy to win a given game especially on the road against non rivals especially against the other conference. This should and I hope will change with the move to vegas, the coach and young guys wanting to ball.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:20 pm

Only thing going against us is the long ass month and a half road schedule.
Were cursed when it comes to playing early and in different time zones. Mayock needs to look into flying out everyone's wives and early to adjust for the jet lag.
Speaking of Gruden...did any of you get the sense of predictability like last year? The offense kept me guessing the whole time, that said Gruden needs to implement more screens come Sept.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 2:47 pm

Del Rio had us playing very well on the road in diff time zones in '15 and 16' so it can be done. Team has to come out inspired in every game like the '16 Raiders. That team came to ball that year.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Fri Aug 16, 2019 5:10 pm

We haven't looked this good in the pre season since the Gannon glory days I'm telling you all. Something feels different.

We went 4-1 in 2006... and then won two games the whole season. Just sayin'.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Aug 16, 2019 6:01 pm

silver & black wrote:

We went 4-1 in 2006... and then won two games the whole season. Just sayin'.

Yup I remember, Art Shell part deux as coach in 2006, we beat the Eagles in the HOF game went 4-1 in the preseason, started regular season 0-5 than beat Az and the Steelers back to back and finished 2-14 and Art Shell was dismissed after that year. We had the 4th ranked defense in the NFL that year. Problem was our offense with Andrew Walter at qb mostly couldn't get 10 points or 10 first downs in a given game. With a decent offense that year we would have been much better. Aaron Brooks at qb was a colossal failure for us that year as well.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum