RIP CLIFF BRANCH

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

RIP CLIFF BRANCH

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Aug 03, 2019 9:09 pm

He died today. Great receiver!!! Integral part of the 70's Raider teams and the early LA Raider teams. Should have been in the HOF 30 fuckin years ago!!! Was on all three Raider Super bowl winning teams and was as good if not better than Swann and Stallworth who are HOF ers with the Steelers. His numbers during his career were top 3 in the league in many categories and was top receiver of his era. What a fuckin joke!!! Stabler was a no brainer and they wait for him to die to put him in. Branch might never get in but he wouldn't be alive to cherish it.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Re: RIP CLIFF BRANCH

Postby silver & black » Sun Aug 04, 2019 4:08 am

I have a picture of Cliff Branch with my youngest daughter wearing his Super Bowl ring. He was a great guy to talk with, and a true gentleman.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 11:05 am

You know you're getting old when someone like Branch dies. Seems like yesterday he could run like the wind which he did than you realize he retired like 35 years ago. Yeah, I'm getting old.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Aug 04, 2019 3:36 pm

silver & black wrote:I have a picture of Cliff Branch with my youngest daughter wearing his Super Bowl ring. He was a great guy to talk with, and a true gentleman.

Silver, Where did you meet Cliff Branch? Closest I ever came to meeting a Raider was a mall in San Diego in early 98' when the Bronco Packer Super bowl was being played there. Biletnikoff was sitting on a bench in the mall courtyard, real busy maybe the day before that Super bowl. I was behind him off to the left, he turned around and looked at me for a second and felt like if I walked right over to him he would have been bothered by the approach and interaction. Didn't seem right at the time. Dude seemed like he wanted to be left alone as he probably knew I knew who he was.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:05 am

I met him at the HOF game in 2006.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 2:38 pm

Hey Silver, An all time NFL and Raider great Cliff Branch dies and you are the only one to respond to this post. This post has 61 views. Branch was a gigantic part of the success of those Madden as well as Flores Raiders. He stretched the field like no other Raider receiver. Dude was the real deal. The Silver and black website doesn't even have one fuckin post about Branch's passing. Kind of disappointed in that other site because they get heavy traffic with many hardcore Raider fans. I don't understand it at all. If Swann or Stallworth or Art Monk died you know many Steeler and Redskin fans would recognize them respectively on those teams fan forums.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Mon Aug 05, 2019 7:22 pm

I hear ya. Cliff Branch, Fred Biletnikoff and Dave Casper were the the most under rated trio of all time. It's a fucking shame that Branch isn't in the HOF.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Aug 05, 2019 8:08 pm

Anti Raider HOF bias. Todd Christensen, Lester Hayes, Branch, Dave Dalby who was the center on all three Raider SB wins all should be in at least in the discussion. Flores and Plunkett both won multiple Lombardis in a 4 year span should be recognized. Plunkett was on shitty teams in New England and Frisco to start his career. You win multiple SB's in a 4 year period as a QB/Coach duo regardless of the talent on the roster you need to be recognized. Shula and Griese are in the hall with multiple lombardi's. Not to compare Flores to Shula but Plunkett as hypothetically the Miami QB in the early to mid 70's would have been just as productive as Griese and those Miami offenses were run first teams and dominated on the ground. Griese was an overrated douche bag. Many QBs would look good back than with Csonka, Kiick and Mercury Morris running the ball.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum