I’m starting to get the gist

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

I’m starting to get the gist

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:28 pm

So i’m Watching what I don’t want to see unfold, and i’m Starting g to figure it all out.

Here we are in the same division as that little cocksucker Mahomes. Plus we’ve got TE freaks to deal with and dicks like Tyreek Hill if he foesn’t Go to prison.

So our defense is going to specialize in a bunch of different flavors of the nickel in 2019. That’s why we took Abram. We’re going to have only 2 LBs out there a lot, and Joyner’s going to be covering a lot.

They’re looking for Abram to basically take the place of our 3rd LB probably 40% of the time or more. PLUS the kid has a lot of experience rushing the passer.

So this is what has to be happening. Mayock is a “draft for scheme” guy. That’s his methodology, and he sticks with it.

So i’m calling this now, we’re going to see a ton of nickel, guys flying around all over the place at high fucking speed, we have a pair of hard-hitting enforcers who can make things interesting in the middle. And it’s going to fuck with our rivals big-time. At least at first. Assuming our coaches can actually get it executed the right way. We should be seeing coverage sacks and sacks by DBs more often than we’re used to.

That’s what i’m Thinking.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: I’m starting to get the gist

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 6:43 pm

That makes sense. Why else would they going ape shit with these def back picks. Mahomes and many other QB's tear our shit up and have for years. It's a passing league, have to have guys that can cover and tackle and make plays especially when we aren't pressuring the pocket which has happened for years. We need a formidable defense, top 10 if we think we're getting to any SB in the near future.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:43 pm

The offense will be fine, or at least alot better than last year.
Its not going to hurt to have some defenders that play with some swagger and love the game for once. No more idiots who come to collect a paycheck and make stupid ass penalties.
I love what I'm reading on Abram, who says he's a film guy and gets to work early.
Hopefully they continue to stay humble and grind everyday.
I thought Ferrell won the defensive SEC award in 2017 but it was last year!
I'm kind of pissed Risner went to the donkey's and Adderly went to the chargers, who already have Derwin James. But like Dead said, teams understand the game is changing and need to play nickel alot more.
Which is what I said we needed to do two years ago when we drafted Obi Melifonwu.
Thats what stands out about this group, they seem like tone setters.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 8:55 pm

I really do think they picked Abram with the expectation of sending him after the QB more often than your average SS. From what i’m Reading, when he rushes he gets home pretty regularly, so that’s a big plus.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:00 pm

Could Abrams be a poor mans Polamalu?

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Fri Apr 26, 2019 9:16 pm

I just hope they don't flag him for the hard hits to come. He looks like he plays clean, just hits like a brick.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:32 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Could Abrams be a poor mans Polamalu?

Maybe he’ll turn out to be a rich man’s Polamalu. Maybe he’ll be a terror like Polamalu but without the injuries...

It’s a crap shoot.

From what I hear the guy’s a film freak and works his ass off. All kinds of good things can happen in that kind of environment.

We shall see. He has really good S speed even though he’s not quite the athlete Troy was. But he might make up for it in other ways. I never heard about Polamalu being any kind of student of the game.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Apr 26, 2019 10:38 pm

piratepride wrote:I just hope they don't flag him for the hard hits to come. He looks like he plays clean, just hits like a brick.

They flagged Joseph last season for the dumbass lowering the helmet rule on a nasty lick when he and a runner went head to head. Both of them lowered their helmets. Runner wound upon the ground. Joseph got called.

It was a great thump. Stupid shit.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby silver & black » Sat Apr 27, 2019 5:42 am

I was thinking along the same lines. This is a passing league right now. I think Abrams is going to be our Polamalu with his speed.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum