Free agency update

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Free agency update

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 3:10 pm

piratepride wrote:You may be right, but what else are we gonna do at WR?

Draft a WR and or sign a 2nd tier guy and go with what we have. A 15 to 20 mill a year selfish talented player isn't what we need. I see Gruden/Mayock wanting a branded star player to move the chains and give the franchise a buzz going into Vegas. If Brown just balls and doesn't display his primadonna ways it could work out. We desperately need a playmaker so I'm all about wait and see how his behavior is throughout a season as I expect his production to be adequate as long as Carr is balling like his 16' season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:00 pm

I feel ya, I'm gonna do the same thing lol.
Wait and see.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Sat Mar 09, 2019 5:02 pm

I agree somewhat, Freddie. AB is all about his personal stats. He desperately wants to be known as the greatest WR ever. It aint happening with Carr and this pathetic O line. AB doesn't care about winning or the team.... only about his personal stats.

This will be/would be a fucking disaster if we give up anything for this dickhead.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 09, 2019 7:45 pm

Now he wants 18 million a season.
If Gruden pays this old man the $$$$ he should have gave Mack.....

I get he's an offensive minded coach but shit. This is going against his philosophy of what he set out to do with the e tra capital.
Draft smart and in 2 years we'll be back on top.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 8:13 pm

Pitt is going to want a 1st rd pick and if Brown is getting 18 mill per from us thats too steep especially if its a 3 or 4 yr contract. Gruden can't really want that niggger cancer on this roster that bad. Fuck!!! AB looking for his retirement contract from us which is guaranteed money in the contract. Fuck him!!! I'll pass especially at his age, attitude and value of contract. Gruden can't be this stupid. Problem is he can.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:01 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Antonio Brown would be a disaster in oakland. Sure we could use star power going into vegas and yeah he's talented but he's just another me first jock that we don't need. He'll but heads with Gruden coming out of preseason and the shit show will begin and run throughout the season.

You and I are on the same page.

This dude’s a disaster area, a mental case that will never fix itself. Not only is he me first, but it paid off for him. He’s going to be fucking uncover gable and a locker room cancer after this.

Besides the guy’s not young enough to spend those big bucks on. After we pay him $20M/yr - because that’s what he’ll demand - we’ll probably get 1000 yds and 7 TDs out of him this coming season and it’ll be downhill from there.

Fuck that. There are far better options. Especially if we’re ready to TRADE for someone good.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:06 pm

SURELY Mayock won’t let this fucking circus happen. Please tell me he has some sense and enough clout to put a stop tot his.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 09, 2019 10:53 pm

Well boys it's official, Oakland sends a 3rd and a 5th (this year) for him.
Price is right if you ask me!
We still have all 4 in the top 35 and will significantly upgrade the team via draft.
I like many of you don't like it that much, hate that he's older, but at the end of the day he's easily the best WR this team has had in a long time. I'm a fan of Tim Brown, but talent wise he blows him out of the water.
If this gamble doesn't work out it'll only have been for a 3rd fucken rounder...who cares.
Now go out and sign CJ Mosley or Anthony Barr and get Carr a better RT.
Team still has a shit ton of holes, but I like Gruden swinging for the fences. He's gonna give Carr a real chance , assuming he upgrades the RT problem. I couldn't stomach another sorry ass year with zero talent and having to draft another QB next season. He stole a page from the old man Davis himself!!!

Plus, Reggie would have packaged two 1st rounders for him last week and you know it.
I doubt it will work, but will take the risk.
Have they made a decision on who's gonna host hard knocks yet lol?

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:25 pm

I just saw that r3garding AB. What's going on with Jared Cook? We need his production. Dude was a good hands TE for us. Mayock and Gruden need to sure up the O line or nothing on offense will come to fruition to its fullest potential. AB got 30 mill guaranteed...damn!!! We can't find a Schuster at receiver that Pitt has and is in their future which made AB very expendable.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sat Mar 09, 2019 11:43 pm

I'd love to go defense with the 1st rounders and Marquise Brown in the second to solidify our slot.
He's healing up from the lisfranc surgery so he can probably be had at the top half of the 2nd round now.
I wouldn't be mad if the team drafted a solid RT or the Iowa TE TJ Hockenson. Dude is a stud blocker and has great hands. Reminds me of a young Gronk or Jeremy Shockey.
That said, I hope we go defense and never look back, itll pay off in the long run.
Round one if I had it my way
#4. Josh Allen DE
#24. Greedy Williams or Nassir Adderley
#27. DK Metcalf WR or Cody Ford RT
Second Rounder
BPA ...RB or whoever fell but should have been drafted in round one.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum