Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Mike Mayock interviewed for Raiders GM opening.

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Jan 05, 2019 2:33 pm

I’m not sure if Jonah’s the type of player who could thrive in Cable’s bullshit blocking scheme.

Really, I have no clue. And I HATE drafting o-linemen into a zone blocking scheme, it just seems like a waste to me. Especially in the 1st round.

Besides, last year Gruden picked OTs in rounds 1 and 3. If he picks another one in the first round this year there will be a loud collective “WHAT THE FUCK??” from everyone. Including me.

If what Gruden did in last year’s draft didn’t fix our OT problems, then I wouldn’t risk wasting another 1st round pick on the position.

I’d go the FA route to shore up our OL. But that’s just me.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Sat Jan 05, 2019 3:58 pm

I agree, and thought about that before I wrote it. Why the hell would Gruden draft another RT in round one after drafting two in rounds 1-3?

Because Brandon Parker was considered a project who was never supposed to start. They were hoping Penn would man that side this year and Parker would ride the bench.
Also, Gruden was forced to change his philosophy/ play calling once he realized Parker wasn't the answer. Watching the 1st few games, Carr threw way more deep balls alot more often compared to how we ended the season. Put in a rock solid / all pro RT and this offense looks alot different next year.
Gruden loves the west coast ball control system, but wouldn't hesitate to call the deep ball if our line could provide the time.
I may be way off, but if you have the tools to take advantage ( Antonio Brown) you invest in the O line and don't look back.
That said, Gruden would have to address the pick to the rest of the world for damn sure.
Just my offseason prediction of one way we could go if the dominoes fall into place.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Sat Jan 05, 2019 9:17 pm

I heard Carr has never won in KC. Not once. And he can’t play in cold weather. A QB that can’t win cold weather games or beat KC at home is worthless to us. He acts like a goof on the sidelines. He better have a big year next year if he’s here or get him out. I say keep him this year & then next years draft get a QB

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Jan 05, 2019 11:31 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:I heard Carr has never won in KC. Not once. And he can’t play in cold weather. A QB that can’t win cold weather games or beat KC at home is worthless to us. He acts like a goof on the sidelines. He better have a big year next year if he’s here or get him out. I say keep him this year & then next years draft get a QB

Hence the Carr-bage and the Lemon Carr. Most expensive totalled Carr in the NFL. Never seen an NFL QB cry on the field twice and deny it and laugh and smile after brutal losses. This Carr needs to go to a compactor for good.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby piratepride » Sun Jan 06, 2019 7:56 am

If Carr sucks this year Gruden won't hesitate to package our two numer ones for Tua or Herbert.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 11:39 am

piratepride wrote:If Carr sucks this year Gruden won't hesitate to package our two numer ones for Tua or Herbert.

What more do we need to see. He's stinks.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 06, 2019 12:18 pm

I have to say that I agree with Freddie. I've seen enough of Carr. He will never be what he could have been. The injuries have made him gun shy.... which is a nice way of saying he's a pussy. Time to move on! I know he will be here next year, but I hope it's his last year.... unless he just lights it up, which I seriously doubt!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:33 pm

They treat Carr like He's fine chinaware. Everything has to be perfect and more excuses than a politician. 2016 was a lucky year for him. Everything that could go right did. Big Thurs night game in KC late that year and he came up small and lost. We got in as a wildcard. Last game of the year in KC last week he stunk up the joint. At his price tag he's a disgrace of the highest order and he seems to not give a shit. He made 40 mill last year with bonuses. Pathetic!!! All that dink and dunk, high comp pct throws and keeping his QBR looking good on paper, padding stats in garbage time helped him get that bonus. Done with the kid, he's a fuckin fraud.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sun Jan 06, 2019 1:59 pm

I agree. I can't support him anymore.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum