Who's idea was it to trade Mack?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Who's idea was it to trade Mack?

Postby silver & black » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:47 pm

we could probably take the Bell headache off PITT's hands for a 2nd rounder.

Oh, hell no!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 2:56 pm

silver & black wrote:
we could probably take the Bell headache off PITT's hands for a 2nd rounder.

Oh, hell no!

I couldn't agree more, and that's why I wasn't too upset when we traded Mack away. Nobody needs that kind of "transcendent contract and gimme all the guaranteed money" drama going on. It's a fucking disaster for a franchise.

What's happening in PIT would have happened here.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 3:49 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Trading for a bucket of picks is NOT "letting Mack walk."

What the idiot Charges did with Brees was "letting him walk."

What we did with Mack was FAR from letting him walk. We were compensated. Do you have any idea what kind of player you can get in trade for a 1st round pick in this league?

For perspective, we could probably take the Bell headache off PITT's hands for a 2nd rounder.

i bet we could get AB from them for a 1st.

1st round picks are major capital in this league. We did NOT let Mack walk. We SOLD him. There's a BIG fuckin difference, man.

This fucking rage-induced revisionist history has GOT to go.

I meant 'walk' meaning we never sat down with him after last season or this past winter not the trade particulars. Regarding the 1st round picks we got for Mack who was a 1st rd pick. Are we going to draft a game wrecker and HOFer like Mack is with either of those picks. When's the last time we had a 1st rd pick that we selected aside from Mack that was one of the best pure football players in football and future HOFer? Charles Woodson in 98' who we had for 5 yrs back than. I don't trust this org to draft a 1st rd pick that will have a huge impact in this league for 10 yrs like Mack most likely will be. If we had proper leadership Mack would have been signed two yrs ago like Carr was.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:35 pm

Who knows what we’d do w them in the draft?

That’s why I advocate using them as trade bait. Get known guys in exchange for them. That’s something we could do NOW to help us win NOW.

So I get it Fred, we may blow the capital we got, but the fact is that it’s valuable in this league. Whether or not we can take advantage of it is a different story.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 4:51 pm

Things seem to go very bad when players come to Oakland via draft or free agency. Players come here to rot. Like a convalescent home. I was wrong on Amari Cooper for example. I thought he was can't miss. Would have a career here like Tim Brown, Biletnikoff or Cliff Branch. Problem is Amari can't catch a cold and is afraid of contact. He's a pussy!!! With Cooper's skill set he should be a stud in this league. Another high pick turd.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm

It’s Reggies fault to begin with!! This stupid fuck paid Jackson & Carr & Penn to a lesser degree but still a lot of money. Mack should have been paid first. He was the no 1 pick. He was the best player. If I’m Mack I’m feeling pretty fuckin disrespected by Reggie. Reggie is a fuckin idiot piece of shit, we know it and Gruden knows it. Now with the fuckin media and all these twitter fags Gruden can only say so much. He can’t come out and say Reggie’s picks and FAs were complete pieces of shit. He knows REggie can’t draft that’s why he brought in his own guys! Reggie KNEW Mack contract was due! He’s supposed to be such a cap wizard but he couldn’t pay Mack because of his fuck ups. Reggie McKenzie has been a Fuckn n disease since he came here. He’s an utter failure in EVERY way possible. Got a contract extension he didn’t even deserve. For what? 1 winning season out of 6? And we should have been 8-8 that year if it weren’t for pure luck. I want Gruden to take over everything. Fuck Reggie. I’d rather have Gruden 1000000x more than that fuckin ape

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:31 pm

I completely agree with you Pirate

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:49 pm

Yeah now REggie playing the role of the victim in all this. Poor black REggie thrown out by the white man Gruden. By cutting 53% of Reggie’s roster, cutting all his draft picks, it’s a simple message that REggie has to perform too.If you suck at your job you are fired. Reggie sucks at his job. There’s six years of evidence of that. So now Gruden is trying to clean up Reggie’s mess. It will be as exciting as a playoff win for me when I hear that REggie has been fired, hung, shot, beheaded, burned at the stake, drowned, suffocated, or dropped in a vat of acid.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Sep 27, 2018 5:58 pm

Reggie's gone at the end of the season. Writings on the wall. Even if we come back and have a 10-6 year there is no need for Reggie.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:20 am

Fred, it's easy to take a shit on every potential move we have available to us.

But that's a LOT of moves. We can do a LOT of different things given the capital we have at our disposal and the cap space we saved.

To sit and say they'll all fail just isn't rational. you can talk about Gruden all you want, but i have to respect the Kolton Miller pick. I hated it when it happened, I'm loving it now.

So i think the outlook for the picks we got in exchange for Mack isn't as bleak as you think. Gruden never had control of the draft last time he was here. It was pretty much all Al, I think we can all agree with that. I'm pretty sure in TB he was never the GM.

NOTE: Bruce Allen was his GM the entire time, and i think we can all agree Allen was never anyone's figurehead.

This is a VERY different situation from any we've ever been in. Gruden has power to draft the guys HE believes will best execute his system. So far, so good.

The problem with this season is that Gruden THOUGHT he had talent on this team based almost solely on the players' draft position and Reggie's evaluation. When he found out he didn't, it changed everything. THAT is why we're 0-3. And I believe that's why we didn't keep Mack, because Gruden didn't believe that selling out our cap for a superstar defender was the way to go when he knew we had massive holes all over the field.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Fri Sep 28, 2018 10:49 am, edited 1 time in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum