Let's talk about Gurley.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Let's talk about Gurley.

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jun 08, 2018 12:20 pm

I bring this up because shit's slow and because I just read an article about Gurley and because I had a knock-down drag-out with Tene about this that resulted in me taking off for months.

My contention was that he would be as good as Bo.

Tene's response was... violent.

Now I look at what this kid did last season... All-Pro, Pro Bowl, OROY, 2100 from scrimmage, 19 TDs... Maybe I sold him short. Maybe he's better than Bo.

Scratch that. He IS better than Bo.

I've been wrong on some things and right about a lot of things but this one's different, just based on the ugliness of the situation at the time. And I couldn't understand it because I'm here in ATL, I'm a UGA fan, and I watched the kid's entire career unfold. He plays RB the way Gronk plays TE. And Gurley's as good at his position as Gronk is at his.

So... I was right. This kid is a fucking monster, an athletic freak who's ALSO born to play the position, could very well wind up being the GOAT if he can avoid the typical RB - style injury morass.

Watch the hell out for the Rams this season... They're loaded man. Big-time. I'd be ecstatic if I was a fan.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Let's talk about Gurley.

Postby silver & black » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:14 pm

I not going to argue with you about being better than Bo. He may very well be.... but, Bo didn't get to play for very long. It's hard to say just how good/dominant Bo might have been.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 2:45 pm

Bo Jackson and Jim Brown and everybody else in my book. I know Bo didn't play nine or ten full seasons like Jim Brown but those two are the template for big athletic fast punishing backs. I don't even know if Bo used steroids because the guy was a man against boys in college and in the NFL. I don't even know if football was Bo's passion considering he played baseball for longer from what I remember and could have easily just played football until the hip injury.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:37 pm

No was a great baseball player too, no doubt.

But in terms of big athletic fast punishing backs, the templates don’t come any more perfect than Gurley.

Let it unfold, his greatness will out. He hasn’t even close to peaked. Man among boys, that’s him.

College was a joke to Gurley. He had 8 yds/ carry in his last season against SEC defenses. The dude was leaping over guys like a fucking gazelle one second, blasting them off the field the next.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Jun 08, 2018 4:49 pm

And to think the Rams got Brandin Cooks as a wide receiver this year. This could be the Rams year to go to the big show. I think the Rams and Niners will own that division for the next five years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Sat Jun 09, 2018 2:44 am

I thought the Rams would make it last year. I still think they will/should make it this year.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Sun Jun 10, 2018 7:43 am

To be honest, I've only seen a handful of Bo's highlights so I can see everyone jumping on the Gurley bandwagon. I do remember Bo bieng on a shit ton of advertisements along with Wayne Gretzky and Michael Jordan at the time. In a league full of awesome throwback hard nose players, Bo was one of the best to do it for a short period.

I'm not sure who I would take if I had the choice to choose one in their prime, but Gurley is a freak too.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum