Defense Upgraded with Most Recent Signings

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Defense Upgraded with Most Recent Signings

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:00 am

As I suspected we didn’t have the cap space to play with the first tier FAs. However, it appears that we haven’t done poorly with the ones we have signed. Both Gilchrist and Whitehead address a position of need, and both are better or will add depth and versatility to positions of need. Gruden is not ignoring the D and at least picked up a starter from another team day 2 of FA to address the LB spot. Unlike the past with Del Zero waiting til the 5th round to pick a starting Mike LB and Reggie letting Zack Brown walk for 3.5 mil to WAS and not resigning Perry Riley. We went into the season with Marquel Lee a rookie 5th rounder as our starter. We now at least have a 2 year starter for the Lions as insurance. He has played all 3 LB positions.

This is a good illustration of how we improved our D thus far.

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.mercur ... tions/amp/

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer
Highscores: 0

Re: Defense Upgraded with Most Recent Signings

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:23 am

We need to resign Bowman, Conley and Joseph have to be studs as well as that african name dude from UConn, forget his name. Our new DC won't be Norton jr part deux. We have to at some point in the season be a top third of the league on defense consistently.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 1:45 am

Bowman is shopping for a better deal. We gave him a number and he hasn’t said yes or no. He hasn’t figured out that we were the only team in the league dumb enough to not have solutions at the QB position of the defense. Everyone else values that position and have their plan A,B and C in place, injury and upgrades not withstanding. Considering his age and injury history, I doubt he finds much out there. Our own desperation has decreased with the latest signing of Whitehead. That only lowers his bargaining position.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:03 am

That's spectacular analysis, PHX. Really. So what do you figure Reggie has set us up for in 2018? 10 wins? 11?

Please, give us your deep and profound thoughts on the matter. After all, we may even have a chance to sign Rashaan by-God Melvin, if we get REAAAALLLY lucky and maybe Reggie can find a few quarters in his cap couch!

I mean, how fucking awesome would that be?

i can't wait.

You offseason hype jockeys are all the same. Year after year, always the same load of bullshit. Year after year, always wrong.

But keep tuggin' on Reggie's jug, you're bound to get a swig out of it sometime soon.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 8:35 am

I have analyzed every sock puppet thing you say on this site. Your entire response contained no supporting evidence. Just you throwing a tantrum. You post like a woman or a libtard. When confronted by facts and supporting numbers, you have nothing to respond with. So you insult, name call, and get hysterical. You hope you can deflect a defuse from the reality that you’re hopelessly lost. And again, profanity and tugging of jugs. My how proud your parents must be when they lay their eyes on the things that come out of your mouth.

Still ignoring your Elway legacy? Still don’t know his life time record against us? I’ll make sure you won’t spend the next 30 years lying to our fan base while you cuckold to Donks and heir fans. I’ll correct you daily so the rest of your life as a RAIDER fan won’t be as much of a lie as it has been thus far.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:18 am

The old man sitting next to me at work ( die hard Michigan/ Lions) fan says Witehead is good. He was actually upset his Lions havent done much in FA, says Eitehead is a sure tackler and can make plays consistently in the run game.
Thats the good.....
Bad..... is not the best coverage LB in the world.
Ill take the wiley younger Vet over the 6th rounders we staryed last year.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 11:37 am

He has started at all 3 LB positions, so he’s a plan B if we don’t get Bowman or a starter in the draft. From what I’ve read, he’s more likely to be competing with James and Morrow for snaps. If he can’t cover, Morrow will come in on passing downs. That’s assuming we address the ILB position. If not, he will most likely be a 2 down ILB and coming out in passing situations. Good value signing and affordable based on our budget.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:53 pm

Yeah that’s awesome man. Tahiti Whitehead, the cream of our FA crop. Fucking beautiful, beautiful work by our mighty front office. Really.

Championshiiiiipppp...

And the offseason hype jockeys are in full swing. Reggie has done it again, SB bound!! Dude is brilliant, what the fuck?! Have I been thinking?? I mean Jesus Christ, this is Tahiti Whitehead we’re talking about. Can’t even get my fucking iPad to spit out his name, that’s how fucking important he is in the scheme of things. Bad. Ass.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 16, 2018 5:58 pm

I reserve final judgement until after the draft. I can only hope Gruden will hit on a couple immediate contributors. It could happen.

But shit doesn’t look good.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby PHXR8R » Fri Mar 16, 2018 6:05 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Yeah that’s awesome man. Tahiti Whitehead, the cream of our FA crop. Fucking beautiful, beautiful work by our mighty front office. Really.

Championshiiiiipppp...

And the offseason hype jockeys are in full swing. Reggie has done it again, SB bound!! Dude is brilliant, what the fuck?! Have I been thinking?? I mean Jesus Christ, this is Tahiti Whitehead we’re talking about. Can’t even get my fucking iPad to spit out his name, that’s how fucking important he is in the scheme of things. Bad. Ass.

That’s an impressive display of your knowledge of the game. Carry on, let folks see how you represent your fanbase and this site. Great contributions and creating an inviting environment to debate and discuss football and the RAIDERS. People really appreciate your efforts to make this site something more than your play room.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum