Remember when i said Todd Gurley was the next Bo?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Remember when i said Todd Gurley was the next Bo?

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 9:58 am

And Tene freaked the fuck out and we had an epic meltdown that never should have happened because the comparison was so fucking spot on?

Well, fast forward a few years, and now that Gurley has shown what he's got, we get comments like this from a dude's analysis of Saquon Barkley:

"With his ability to run through tackles and be a home-run hitter on every single snap, Barkley is reminiscent of Bo Jackson and Todd Gurley."

First of all, NO, Barkley isn't going to be as good as either of those guys.

Second, YES, Gurley belongs in the same sentence as Bo fucking Jackson. He's already the best RB in the league, and he's just getting started.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Remember when i said Todd Gurley was the next Bo?

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Feb 22, 2018 11:45 am

I remember it. Whatever happened to that guy? Did I piss him off to make him quit or did you? Or did he just go full blown libtard faggot??

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:14 pm

Tenne was definitely not a libtard. He was having personal problems. I think that's why he stopped posting here.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:34 pm

Barkley is an interesting prospect. He is a physical freak, and he knows the game. My only question about him is can he maintain his health. He is a physical runner and he is ripped. He kills it in the gym. Those guys can get hurt often just from their work outs.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:35 pm

Yeah, Tene got into a particularly nasty divorce. I talked to him about it a few times via text because he knew I'd gone through one recently as well. But mine was nothing like his. Apparently it was life-changing.

I'm not sure why he never came back. I used to think he was lurking every now and then, now I'm not sure.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 12:55 pm

PHXR8R wrote:Barkley is an interesting prospect. He is a physical freak, and he knows the game. My only question about him is can he maintain his health. He is a physical runner and he is ripped. He kills it in the gym. Those guys can get hurt often just from their work outs.

Gurley's the same way in terms of conditioning. But Gurley is just a bigger, stronger, more powerful guy. Ezekiel Elliott is a closer comparison to Gurley.

NFL.com compares Barkley to Barry Sanders. What a fuckin joke, man. First of all, Sanders was 20 lbs lighter and 3" shorter, and 2nd of all, NOBODY I've ever seen was as elusive as Barry. Nobody. I've seen Barkley play several times and it never once occurred to me to compare him to Barry fucking Sanders, of all people.

One of my issues with Barkley is that he was rode hard and put up wet at Penn St. The dude hasn't missed a game since 2015. He's been out there bashing heads against some of the best.

Gurley had a couple bad injuries at GA where he missed a lot of games, and he also had very solid teammates who could run the ball like pros as well, so he never had to play like Barkley has, until he got to the Rams. He hadn't taken nearly the punishment Barkley has. A lot of people will point to that as toughness, but what I see is a guy with a ton of tape out there, who stays in games when maybe he shouldn't. I think the team who drafts him will have some surprises to deal with in terms of nagging things they'll have to address.

What we need to do is this: We let Barkley go in the first, even if he's there for us (which he won't be), and we pick Tremaine Edmunds *(dude's a monster, a true MLB just like we need). Then in the 2nd round we do whatever we need to get Sony Michel.

I know UGA players, and Michel is a better comparison to a slightly bigger Barry Sanders than Barkley ever was. The guy racked up 1200+ rushing yards last year, even with Nick Chubb being healthy the entire season. How did he do it while sharing the load? By running for 7.9 ypc against SEC defenses, That's fucking how.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:30 pm

Mocks are all over the place on RBs past Barkley and Guice. I agree Michel is the kind of back Gruden had in Charlie Gardner. Quick and good out of the backfield. We gotta cut one of the midgets we already have if we go Michel. I’m hoping for Guice to be there in the 2nd for us. We need a hammerhead. Wouldn’t be mad if we got Michel though. It’s kinda crazy to think if Chubb doesn’t blow out his knee 2 years ago what kind of backfield the Dawgs would be bringing to the draft.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:36 pm

Well, Gruden's making all kinds of noise about wanting Lynch to be our feature back. Bad decision. Talk about rode hard and put up wet... Lynch will be 31, with mileage galore on those legs.

Why would anyone try to rely on a 31-yr-old RB as a feature back? He can't be serious.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby PHXR8R » Thu Feb 22, 2018 1:45 pm

Probably just trying to put th impetus on Lynch to shoot t or get off the bed. Gruden knows the media side of the business. He do ant want Lynch in the team, but he doesn’t want the Lynch ball washers to be pissed because he cut him. By playing like he wants Lynch, he doesn’t look bad when Lynch folds up the circus tents and moves on. Lynch is not gonna follow orders from Gruden.

PHXR8R
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum