Gruden talking about coaching again

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Gruden talking about coaching again

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 3:34 pm

Of course, everyone’s yapping about the buccaneers but I say we bring the dude back.

He was a little too conservative for my tastes while he was here, turtle’ing up with a 3-pt lead and shit like that.

It would be fucking awesome to go into Vegas with Gruden and an all-new coaching staff. Kick Jack to the curb, he has already bungled this season away.

I wonder who Jon would rather coach - Carr or Winston. Mike Evans or Amari Cooper? Marshawn Lynch or Doug Martin? Vegas or Tampa Bay? Two extremely different towns, climates, etc.

It would be badass to see that Chuckie face bavknon the sideline. Gruden is the perfect coach for modern football. A QB-focused dude who also coached one of the best defenses the NFL has ever seen in TB.

Anyway, if I was Mark i’d Be thinking I can get Gruden, trash Del Rio and Reggie both, hand personnnel over to Gruden as well if he wants it. Wow, can you imagine all the players who’d be begging to be part of that? A team fully dedicated to winning in 2018 with a premier HC in an all-new stadium in an all-new town. Sign him the fuck up!

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: Gruden talking about coaching again

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:09 pm

Chucky got the cushy tv job and has branded his name the last five years. He's making a shit ton of money doing what he's doing so I'd think he wouldn't want the stress and pressure of coaching. If anything maybe he goes into college coaching or takes over the NYG when McAdoo gets fired. I think Gannon was the real coach/leader on those Gruden Raider teams. Gannon was what we needed at that time and was the catalyst to get us deep in the playoffs those three years. In my opinion it was Bill Callahan's ineptitude in that SB against Gruden than anything Chucky did. Chucky knew our personnel, playbook and tendencies. That SB was a fuckin joke which we still never recovered from as an organization. Chuck Breshnahan our DC in that game was another piece of garbage.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Fri Nov 17, 2017 4:51 pm

I'll pass. He was good for us when he was here. That time is passed. I don't think he was really that good of a coach. He beat us because he knew everything about us. He didn't do much after that.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby piratepride » Fri Nov 17, 2017 5:27 pm

I've seen the reports too, but he was a little conservative for me too. I like Jack Del Rio even though he's a little outcoached sometimes. I think if he had decent coordinators and more defensive talent (LB CB), he'd be in a better position.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Nov 17, 2017 9:59 pm

Freddie it’s different this time because Gruden himself is talking about it. The last time rumors floated around, they were “reports”about it. He’s probably making good money by our standards but it’s maybe half what he would make as a top-tier, SB-winner HC.

If the reports were true last time that Mark was really trying to talk him into coming back.. who knows? Stranger things happen every day.

And remember, his brother is still coaching in The League so maybe Jon’s getting a little homesick for the sidelines.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Nov 17, 2017 10:10 pm

Maybe when we go to Vegas he can coach there as long as he gets a good DC to fix the defense.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby DeadRinger » Sat Nov 18, 2017 12:46 pm

I’m starting to think there aren’t any good DCs anymore man. How long has it been since we had a good one? Seriously, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:29 pm

DeadRinger wrote:
I’m starting to think there aren’t any good DCs anymore man. How long has it been since we had a good one? Seriously, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Unbelievably the 2006 Raiders with Raiders of the lost Art who went 2-14 with Rob Ryan as DC was the 3rd in yds allowed and 18th in points given up in the NFL that year. Our offense with Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks at QB struggled to get 1st downs or points that year. Our QB's threw 8 TD's all year. Al gives Art Shell Walters and Brooks at QB and we win 2 games all year. Nobody would win with those 2 bum quarterbacks!!

Last edited by FreddieB25 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:38 pm

kk

Last edited by FreddieB25 on Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby FreddieB25 » Sat Nov 18, 2017 4:40 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:
FreddieB25 wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:I’m starting to think there aren’t any good DCs anymore man. How long has it been since we had a good one? Seriously, I can’t remember off the top of my head.

Unbelievably the 2006 Raiders with Raiders of the lost Art who went 2-14 with Rob Ryan as DC was the 3rd in yds allowed and 18th in points given up in the NFL that year. Our offense with Andrew Walter and Aaron Brooks at QB struggled to get 1st downs or points that year. Our QB's threw 8 TD's all year. Al gives Art Shell Walters and Brooks at QB and we win 2 games all year. Nobody would win with those 2 bum quarterbacks!!

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum