MLB just showed up the NFL HARD.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

MLB just showed up the NFL HARD.

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Nov 01, 2017 5:14 pm

Are you guys catching the opening of the Series tonight? Holy shit it’s a total gut-punch to the NFL.

First the announcer talks about the guys holding the flags, being from every branch of the military.

Then he tells everyone to fucking well REMAIN STANDING for the national anthem, which is then performed by... wait for it... COPS!! Four fucking cops sing the national anthem.

If you missed it, i’m Sure you’ll be able to catch it later on YouTube. I don’t know if they’ve been doing this kind of thing all along because baseball generally bores me even though that’s The sport I played for 6 years when I was a kid. But i’m Going to watch the rest of the series, that’s for sure.

All I could think of while I was watching this was what a fucking baby-ass whining BITCH Kaepernick, Penn, and everyone else has been w this kneeling shit.

They really made a point tonight.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: MLB just showed up the NFL HARD.

Postby silver & black » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:03 pm

Last night it was a black female cop that sang the anthem.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Nov 01, 2017 6:38 pm

Love my baseball as well as football and the 4 major sports leagues. My problem with baseball is Commish Manfred denying the ball being juiced when the ball comes off the bat like a golf ball hence record breaking home runs this past year and little guys hitting missiles for home runs. Exit velocity stat and home run distance is just conditioning the fans that 2-1 games don't attract your casual viewers attention span and many runs and tape shot home runs are what they want to attract tv viewers. Not the baseball I grew up watching. It's all about money and high tv ratings for the advertisers.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:10 am

Yep.... just like defenses are no longer allowed to play football so the scores are higher. Everything is manipulated for $$$.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Nov 02, 2017 8:29 am

silver & black wrote:Yep.... just like defenses are no longer allowed to play football so the scores are higher. Everything is manipulated for $$$.

Yup too bad a fuckin asshole like Manfred can't admit to the ball being juiced and HOF er scumbag Selig turning a blinds eye to the steroids in the game. Giamatti saying back in the day Pete Rose ruined the integrity of the game and stained the game. The commisioner's office who are puppets to the owners have done more to ruin the integrity of the game the last 30 years than anything Pete Rose did. Hypocrisy at its highest level. This isn't baseball anymore its a pinball arcade. The ball comes off the bat like their using a golf ball not a baseball. They ought to put an asterisk next to all these hitting and power records that have been achieved the last twenty years.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Thu Nov 02, 2017 12:11 pm

I agree with you, Freddie. Baseball is a different game now, than the one I grew up with.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Nov 02, 2017 2:19 pm

FreddieB25 wrote: Yup too bad a fuckin asshole like Manfred can't admit to the ball being juiced and HOF er scumbag Selig turning a blinds eye to the steroids in the game. Giamatti saying back in the day Pete Rose ruined the integrity of the game and stained the game. The commisioner's office who are puppets to the owners have done more to ruin the integrity of the game the last 30 years than anything Pete Rose did. Hypocrisy at its highest level. This isn't baseball anymore its a pinball arcade. The ball comes off the bat like their using a golf ball not a baseball. They ought to put an asterisk next to all these hitting and power records that have been achieved the last twenty years.

Oh, I think he fans very much put an asterisk beside the stats guys like Bonds and McGuire put up. MLB may continue to recognize them, but the fans know it's a total crock of shit.

I have a real problem with the steroids. That shit just tilts the playing field and any poor fucker who's playing by the rules gets the serious shaft. Pretty soon we're going to see retired ball players dropping like flies with all kinds of brain tumors and shit. Then people are gonna start suing the MLB like they did with concussions in the NFL. Only then will there be real changes.

But I don't have much of a problem with a juiced ball since it's the same for everyone who's batting. And I think the fans understand that the former greats like Babe Ruth and DiMaggio did amazing things with shit balls.

HOWEVER, there's another factor involved that you can't ignore. Pitching back in those days was a total joke compared to today. Guys in Ruth's day in particular were throwing 70 mph cantaloupes right across the heart of the plate. Those guys also played a position when they weren't on the rubber. Babe himself was a pitcher and a fielder.

Now we have 100% full-time specialization and unreal technology these guys train with. These pitchers today are fucking pinpoint machines who play master-chess mind games with hitters. Babe never faced anything like that. You have to take that into account because I think without a juiced ball we'd see fucking ZERO home runs in modern baseball.

And what can I say, I love offense. Defense intrigues me, but offense gets me jumping off the couch. So for me it's a better game now.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:20 pm

Yeah Babe Ruth was hitting home runs off Larry the local farmer back then. It’s hard to compare in baseball. In football I encourage steroids. I want 12 is overtime’s & 1000 points on the board. I want these jig clowns so full of roids, crank, adderal, Cat tranquilizer, and meth that their chests explode after the games. Like George Carlin said, leave the injured in the field! Tom Brady gets an injury the game doesn’t stop! let him crawl to the sidelines & see if he can make it off the field before he gets trampled. Fuck the NFL. Baseball has less jigs so it automatically has more class that Shaka Zulu domestic battery disrespectful kneeling league.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:23 pm

I liked guys like Goose Gossage.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Nov 02, 2017 5:26 pm

I’d like to see Gossage throw a 95mph fastball right at Marshawns ugly black head.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum