49ers shopping Navorro Bowman.

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: 49ers shopping Navorro Bowman.

Postby DeadRinger » Sun Oct 15, 2017 11:28 am

Freddie’s absolutely right. Bowman’s not what he used to be.

Thta’s Why it’s so fucking sad that he’ll instantly be the best LB we have.

Sorry, Irvin just hasn’t been overly impressive in silver and black.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:34 am

Bowman supposed to be visiting Raiders today.

Lots of articles out there say there’s “mutual interest.”

He’s also supposed to visit with Dallas. So, knowing how Reggie likes to low-ball vets, this deal could easily be blown. Reggie prob thinks Bowman will take less to stay in the Bay Area. But Reggie is fucking stupid.

They need to ink him on the spot today.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:51 am

I’m really starting to get into the idea of bringing this dude in.

Freddie echoed several analysts when he said Bowman is slower than he was before his Achilles. I think that’s true, but I also think he’s not fully recovered from that injury yet.

I think next season he’s going to elevate and show everyone that he’s still an upper-tier player. That’s my educated prediction based on everything i’ve read and heard.

He was rocking last season before he got hurt. He had 37 tackles, 2PDs, 1 sack and 1 FF in just 3 1/2 games. That’s an average of 10 tackles per game.

His ruptured Achilles was a major injury, and I seriously doubt that he’s 100% just one year later. Maybe 80-85%. And yet he has still averaged over 7 tackles per game so far this season.

We should absolutely sign this guy.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Oct 16, 2017 12:39 pm

What's the point honestly. We have all pro players on offense & cant do shit. Carr, Cooper, & 3 all pros on the O line & we can't do shit. Chemisty & coaching is our problem on offense. Lynch was finally starting to look decent & we quit going to him. Carr is too injured to throw downfield he probably shouldn't have even played. Defense is so fucking horrible nobody we bring in at this point can help this pitiful 5-11 group. The time to turn it around was last week vs Ravens. We couldn't do it, we couldn't do it against the Fuckn Chargers and we damn sure won't do it against the Chiefs. Doesn't matter who we bring in, we needed to bring guys in on defense before the year started. Reggie decided to go with rookies, S Smith & Reggie Nelson. 2017 is over.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 1:25 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:What's the point honestly. We have all pro players on offense & cant do shit. Carr, Cooper, & 3 all pros on the O line & we can't do shit. Chemisty & coaching is our problem on offense. Lynch was finally starting to look decent & we quit going to him. Carr is too injured to throw downfield he probably shouldn't have even played. Defense is so fucking horrible nobody we bring in at this point can help this pitiful 5-11 group. The time to turn it around was last week vs Ravens. We couldn't do it, we couldn't do it against the Fuckn Chargers and we damn sure won't do it against the Chiefs. Doesn't matter who we bring in, we needed to bring guys in on defense before the year started. Reggie decided to go with rookies, S Smith & Reggie Nelson. 2017 is over.

Believe me, I get it. I'm just thinking about next season at this point.

It's possible we'll be rid of all the cancer in this organization and maybe able to do something worthwhile next year. HIGHLY unlikely, but possible... I mean, we're not going to be dog shit forever. So since none of us really know when we'll make the changes that need to be made, I'm just going to assume that we'll need good players next year.

Bowman's only 29 yrs old, so he could play for several more years. That was really what I was getting at.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby piratepride » Mon Oct 16, 2017 3:53 pm

Agree with everything you just said Dead, all my co workers ( four niner fans) all are pissed he signed with us. They think he'll be a huge upgrade.
Reggie got him on a prove it deal, if he still has it great...if not we'll backup the truck for other players we need.
Hate to say it so soon, but I'm thinking next year also.
Well get to see how Bowman looks Thursday ( hate the idea of throwing him out there against chiefs), as well as our safety Obi melifonwu.
The season won't be a total loss, hopefully Conley will come back this year and get his feet wet and gain some much needed gameday experience.

Then next season re-up Mack and pay for whatever defensive help is on the market.
If choice comes between Mack and cooper I keep Mack no doubt.
Copper will get better, but way too passive for a WR, he needs to be more aggressive.... look the he'll alive for damn sake.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:08 pm

Best move would be to draft a mauling motherfucking DT and move to a 3-4 defense. Mack and Irvin at OLB. Edwards Jr is a prototypical 3-4 DE and I think Ward is better suited to that position as well. We sign FA Vontae Davis. So you go:

Edwards... /Autry
First round draft pick... /Ellis/Hester?
Vanderdoes... /Ward

Irvin... /Calhoun
Marquel Lee.... /Third round draft pick
Bowman... /James
Mack... /Cowser

Vontae Davis (FA)... /Conley/Smith
Joseph... /Luani
Obi... /depth signing
Amerson... /Carrie

Add a real DC to that lineup and we have potential to be a scary fuckin crew. Mack sacking, crushing RBs, completely disrupting anything opponents try to do at the line and within 10yds of it. Believe me, our opponents are fucking glad we have Mack at DE instead of OLB because we basically strip out half of his all-pro big play potential.

Vanderdoes needs to hit the weights in the off-season. His arms look weak and flabby. He needs more upper body strength. He can get a little leaner and play DE in the 3-4.

We absolutely MUST get a respectable run game going. Clearly we can’t move the ball without one. So we spend our 2nd round draft pick on Sony Michel, RB UGA. We ditch Lynch, trade Washington for a draft pick and sign FA Carlos Hyde. We go to war with Hyde/Richard/Michel.

We’ve GOT to do something at WR. We can sign FA Davante Adams away from GB or FA John Brown away from AZ. Or both.

Just some thoughts.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:26 pm, edited 2 times in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Mon Oct 16, 2017 8:24 pm

Offense would be:

Brown (FA)... /Roberts
Adams (FA)... /Crabtree
Cooper... /Patterson