2013 NFL Draft

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

2013 NFL Draft

Postby RF34 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 9:56 am

in less than 8 hours Herr Goodell will make the announcement that the KC Quiefs are on the clock. Whether picked at the #3 spot or as a result of a draft day trade, I think these players might be in the mix for the Raiders. These aren't in any order. I figure that's what the discussion would entail...

Luke Joeckel, OT Texas A&M
Eric Fisher, OT Central Michigan
Sharrif Floyd, DT Florida
Ezekiel Ansah, DE Brigham Young
Barkevious Mingo, OLB LSU
Chance Warmack, OG Alabama
Dee Milliner, CB Alabama
Star Lotulelei, DT Utah
Jarvis Jones, OLB Georgia
Dion Jordan, OLB Oregon
Lane Johnson, OT Oklahoma
D.J. Fluker, OT Alabama

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP
Highscores: 0

Re: 2013 NFL Draft

Postby RF34 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 10:12 am

From PFT:

Raiders targeting D.J. Hayden with lower round-one pick
Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT

Getty ImagesA top-ten draft trade means that the team trading up has a specific player in mind. For the team trading down, the thinking is that there are players they want that they can get later, along with the other stuff that comes from trading down.

For the Raiders, who reportedly are talking about trading down from the third overall pick in the draft, one of their prime targets at a lower spot on the board would be, we’re told, Houston cornerback D.J. Hayden.

Hayden has made a late rise up the draft boards. And not in the classic media-finally-waking-up sense. Once it was clear that Hayden has no lingering health issues following November’s near-death experience involving a fluke rupture of the inferior vena cava, his stock steadily has grown.

At the Scouting Combine, the sense was that he’d definitely go in the first two rounds. In recent days, he has become a sure-fire first-round pick.

One source said that many teams view both his game film and his medical file as better than Alabama cornerback Dee Milliner.

So at a time when plenty (including our final mock draft) have the Browns taking Milliner at six, the outcome could be a Raiders-Browns trade, with the Raiders snagging Hayden in that spot.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:13 pm

Hmm, I would rather the Raiders get a player like Bjoern Werner if they will be picking late in the 1st round.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Apr 25, 2013 12:36 pm

Hayden is consistently ranked the #5 or #6 CB in the draft, except for Mayock who has him going to IND with the 24th pick.

So if we're targeting Hayden we need to trade way down.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby R8ers4evr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 4:42 pm

hahahahaha RF says we will draft one of these guys, and instead of listing like 3, he lists like the top 15 prospects, and hes still wrong... hahaha am i the only 1 that got a kick outta that??

anyways, who cares what kiper and mccshay say?? they are wrong like 75% of the time??? if they were that great at being college player analysts, they would have a scout/gm job in the NFL...

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby RF34 » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:00 pm

Did I miss the pick? I thought the Quiefs were still on the clock? Who'd we pick?

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:09 pm

R8ers4evr wrote:hahahahaha RF says we will draft one of these guys, and instead of listing like 3, he lists like the top 15 prospects, and hes still wrong... hahaha am i the only 1 that got a kick outta that??

anyways, who cares what kiper and mccshay say?? they are wrong like 75% of the time??? if they were that great at being college player analysts, they would have a scout/gm job in the NFL...

Lol, it seems you started the NFL draft party early - cheers man - but, IMO, RF was just tossing out some names for discussion.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby R8ers4evr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:10 pm

RF34 wrote:Did I miss the pick? I thought the Quiefs were still on the clock? Who'd we pick?

wow u a little sensitive?? u listed like 15 ppl... that was the joke... cuz we are 3rd overall... its like me saying we will draft one of these guys within the next 3 days and listing 150 ppl... come on dude lighten up...

and it was also cuz RIGHT after u posted that... sum1 posted the raiders are leaning towards dj hayden... which if u read my other posts... im not sold on... rumors on draft day should be laughed at...

again. lighten up. if mofo'in draft day beotch! lol

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby R8ers4evr » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:15 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
R8ers4evr wrote:hahahahaha RF says we will draft one of these guys, and instead of listing like 3, he lists like the top 15 prospects, and hes still wrong... hahaha am i the only 1 that got a kick outta that??

Lol, it seems you started the NFL draft party early - cheers man - but, IMO, RF was just tossing out some names for discussion.

lol nahh... just felt it was funny that we own the 3rd pick, and he said we will draft 1 of these guys, and lists 15... normally u give like 2-3 names and say i think these are the choices we will make. guess it wasnt funny... lol my bad... part of post-concussion syndrome i suppose (from the damn bike accident i had for those of u who were around while i was posting after that)... doctor did tell me all thoughts and feelings are exaggerated lol...

anyways. my bad guys. whose your guess at #3, or do u trade down... and dont gimme the "i hope we"... or if u do, at least give ur guess...

i think we will get dj hayden cuz that seems like a RM move, good guy, great college tape, great story behind him
im hoping for star loutelei or trade down...

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Apr 25, 2013 5:17 pm

Wow, Eric Fischer -- did not expect KC to pass on Luke.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum