2013 NFL Draft

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: 2013 NFL Draft

Postby R8ers4evr » Tue Apr 30, 2013 2:35 pm

people are over analytical of draft grades. last time I checked, joe shmo giving us a B doesn't make us have 3 solid starters and 4 backups and 2 off the team...

or jonny shmo giving us an F means we'll have 7 backups... grades don't mean jack squat...

if tyler Wilson becomes our #1 qb and beats out Flynn (imagine that, russel WISLON, then tyler WILSON beating out Flynn in back to back years after thinking he has his own team haha)... anyways, if he becomes our legit #1 qb and is a pro bowler, id rate this draft an A+ and the rest can be outta the league...

if DJ hayden becomes revis and we get another starter and sum solid backup contributors, id say we got an A- draft...

so as far as im concerned, ur splitting hairs and playing with ur balls when u research what "draft experts" grade your draft as...

and DR, how can you say BIG RISK and moderate reward?? did anybody do what I said and look up tyler Wilson??

for example, tyler Wilson last year would have been a late 1st rounder possibly early 2nd rounder... drafted im sure before weeden... BUT, he wasn't old enough for the draft, his HC was fired for sleeping with interns, he lost his top 3 WR's, and the offense was completely changed, and he had an above average year for a college qb... he fell to the 4th round and we drafted him... that is sum pretty good boom or bust, could last year be his real potential and not having a great college HC and 3 great wr's proved what he was, yes it could... but what if he spends a year or 2 in our system, and plays like he did in college at a 1st round draft pick level... or what if we run an offense similar to the one he had 2 years ago... boom or bust... not boom or ehh...

as to our OT watson... reminds me a little bit of Mario Henderson... in a good way... raw OT, with potential to learn and develop, super athletic... Henderson if you don't remember, actually closed out ... either his rookie season or his 2nd season as a pro at LT and looked like the future, then got lazy and fat and cut 2 years later... that is boom or bust, will he keep developing, or will he turn out...

as to DJ hayden, he was having a great season, till his injury... pre injury he was a 1st round pick FOR SURE... after injury... well that is to be said... doctors all cleared him... ya kno, the doctors making more money than you'll ever make in ur life... so im pretty sure he'll be ok... as to him getting back his confidence, that is the kicker... will he be hesitant, will he plays "balls to the wall"... all is a question mark... more boom or bust...

idk the rest of the picks to critique.. just heard great things about the LB sio moore..

but anyways, I named 3 draft picks that could be out of the league in 3 years, or starters and possibly more than just an average starter in 3 years...

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum