Who's here remenber Raiders Bob Brown ?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Who's here remenber Raiders Bob Brown ?

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 11:26 am

Bob Brown was the one player who intimidated Mean Joe Greene

Mean Joe Greene is known as perhaps the toughest player in NFL history, but he admits there was one guy who could get the best of him on the field.

Greene, the Hall of Fame Steelers defensive lineman, appeared on PFT Live and, when first asked whether he was ever intimidated during his playing days, answered, “That’s not something I experienced when I was on the football field.”

But after giving it some thought, Greene mentioned a fellow Hall of Famer, offensive lineman Bob Brown, whom Greene made the mistake of taking on just once.

“Probably my biggest example of being intimidated was a ball game we played in 1972, we played the Oakland Raiders and Bob Brown was the right offensive tackle and I was the left defensive tackle — I played one player removed from him. L.C. Greenwood lined up opposite Bob Brown.”

Greene recalled that Greenwood, his longtime teammate who was also a very tough player, was complaining during the game that Brown was whipping his butt. Greene, convinced that he could handle Brown one-on-one, told Greenwood to switch places with him for a play. As it turned out, Brown hit him so hard that Greene didn’t even know what happened except that he was on the ground and his helmet had been knocked sideways.

“I said ‘What’s happening?’ he said, ‘Oh man the guy is killing me.’ I said, ‘Let me have him. I’ll line up over him.’ And when I lined up across from Bob Brown, and I looked in that helmet, he’s a couple shades darker than me and all I could see was his eyes, just the look in that helmet, I was very fearful,” Greene recalled. “When the ball was snapped, all I remember was looking through the ear hole of my helmet, one shoe was off, and the play was gone.”

Younger fans may not know the name Bob Brown, but that story from Greene speaks volumes. Brown was one of the all-time tough guys.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Who's here remenber Raiders Bob Brown ?

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 24, 2017 2:38 pm

Bob Brown he had a fake broken thumb for ten years! He could drop LC Greenwood with one thumb!!!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees
Highscores: 0

Re: Who's here remenber Raiders Bob Brown ?

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 24, 2017 5:04 pm

Think he wore hard casts around his forearms to head slap guys as well...different NFL back than

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum