Marshawn Lynch, Raiders connected in rumored talks

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Marshawn Lynch, Raiders connected in rumored talks

Postby bigboy3333 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 7:19 pm

Could Marshawn Lynch be considering a return to the NFL with the Oakland Raiders? What stands in his way?

Marshawn Lynch has been connected to the Oakland Raiders in a rumor started by the voice of the team.

Greg Papa, who does the radio play-by-play for the Raiders, reportedly said on his radio show that Oakland has engaged in talks with a running back who did not play last season. Considering Lynch's recent retirement and Bay Area roots, his name was the first one suggested.

Vic Tafur of the San Francisco Chronicle helped the rumor grow some legs.

Lynch, 30, could probably still play. He made four consecutive Pro Bowls from 2011-2014, leading the league in rushing touchdowns twice during that span. An injury-plagued 2015 season led to his premature retirement; perhaps a season away from the game has Marshawn feeling rejuvenated and contemplating a comeback.

The only problem? The Seahawks still own the rights to Lynch, after signing him to a three-year contract extension before the 2015 season. In order to acquire the back known as Beast Mode, the Raiders would have to trade for him or hope he is released (unlikely).

As much as Lynch seems to be enjoying retirement, it was reported last September that he was mulling a return to the NFL. He eclipsed 1,000 yards and scored double-digit touchdowns four seasons in a row from 2011-2014.

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Marshawn Lynch, Raiders connected in rumored talks

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Mar 16, 2017 9:58 pm

Either it happens and he contributes or gets cut out of preseason or he is just looking for a paycheck and he's not all in and will underachieve if he comes back and makes the team...my hunch is he's done with football.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:19 am

The Oakland Raiders are strongly considering the acquisition of retired running back Marshawn Lynch, either through trade or by his release, league sources told ESPN on Friday.

For now, Oakland would have to trade for Lynch because his NFL rights remain the property of the Seahawks. Seattle general manager John Schneider and Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie have a long-standing relationship, as they worked together in the Packers' front office.

With Lynch out of football last year, Seattle could ultimately decide to release him for the sole intent of having him sign with Oakland.

"It could really happen," one source familiar with the situation said Friday.

Lynch also must decide whether to resume his NFL career, an idea he has considered, according to sources. Playing for his hometown team would be an incentive and could influence a decision.

The Raiders have interest, and it's not just in Lynch, after Latavius Murray signed with Minnesota during free agency. Free agent Adrian Peterson, who likes the team's playoff potential, also remains a possibility for Oakland, sources told ESPN.

In his nine-year career, Lynch started 114 games and carried the ball 2,144 times for 9,112 yards and 74 touchdowns (4.3 yards per carry).

Asked last June if he was fine with never playing another down, Lynch said, "Oh yeah, I'm good. I enjoyed my time."

The 2015 season was a struggle for Lynch. He missed nine regular-season games and one in the playoffs after undergoing surgery associated with a sports abdomen injury on Nov. 25. Lynch had missed just one game the four previous seasons.

Lynch was among the most productive running backs in the league during his time with the Seahawks, who acquired him in a midseason trade with the Buffalo Bills in 2010. During his five seasons in Seattle, Lynch was third in rushing yards (5,774), second in first downs (294) and first in rushing touchdowns. His 51 touchdowns surpassed Peterson's second-place total by six.

# BEAST MODE!!!

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby piratepride » Fri Mar 17, 2017 6:33 am

Just read that this morning also, this sounds like an out of the box Jack Del Rio/ Mark Davis move! Damn I love it. I heard he's in shape also ( remains to be seen), but he's younger than AP and his body is refreshed.
Lynch would put it all on the line for his home crowd man... I'm in and would she'd a tear if this happens.
We may be able to get a top flight RB for depth in round 4 and cut oliwale...keep 4 backs on roster! Sounds like we're gearing up to have a defensive draft to me.#cook#Lynch

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:05 am

Hope this is true. B Irvin needs to shut the fuck Up he makes us look bad by trying recruit publicly and then they don't sign with us. Makes us look stupid let Reggie do his own job.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 7:29 am

I don't know, this sounds like some BS Al Davis shit to me.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 10:59 am

If we can get him and he's in shape I like it. I just don't get Reggies strategy this year

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Fri Mar 17, 2017 11:34 am

Reggie's strategy thus far this year like last year is to have a high scoring offense with Carr the focal point and outscore everybody to win football games. That's not how you build a Super bowl contender...defense wins championships but offense puts asses in the seats and makes highlight reels.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby 790thSFS » Fri Mar 17, 2017 12:23 pm

Reggie's strategy is to score 56 points a game, I love it!

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 17, 2017 1:15 pm

I don't like it. We ain't scoring 56 a game and we aren't even top 3 offense. Defense wins Superbowls. Reggie is fuckng up. Greg Papa announced we were talking to Lynch now we have to give something up to Seattle to get him cause he's under contract or something. Stupid. Not firing Norton. Stupid. Not getting one defensive player in FA. Stupid. Going after a retired back. Stupid. Reggie. Stupid.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum