Raiders hire ex-Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders hire ex-Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano

Postby bigboy3333 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 7:05 pm

Posted by Zac Jackson on January 23, 2017, 8:33 PM EST

SAN DIEGO, CA - DECEMBER 14: San Diego Chargers defensive coordinator John Pagano gives instructions while playing the Denver Broncos at Qualcomm Stadium on December 14, 2014 in San Diego, California. (Photo by Donald Miralle/Getty Images)
Getty Images

The Raiders have announced the hiring of John Pagano as assistant head coach-defense.

Pagano has 21 years of NFL coaching experience and spent the last 15 seasons with the Chargers. He was defensive coordinator the last five seasons, and in two of those seasons the Chargers ranked in the top 10 in total defense.

Raiders Coach Jack Del Rio retained defensive coordinator Ken Norton Jr., but the addition of Pagano is still considered a significant move for a defense that ranked in the bottom third of the league in total yards, rush defense and pass defense.

Pagano is the brother of Colts head coach Chuck Pagano. John Pagano previously worked with Del Rio in New Orleans in 1997.

Look like KNJ will be demoted which would be Great news !! :D

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Raiders hire ex-Chargers defensive coordinator John Paga

Postby FreddieB25 » Mon Jan 23, 2017 8:06 pm

I saw that and he's named asst Head coach as well....fact is he comes with a dee coord pedigree is best news so far of offseason considering Norton jr ineptness for two years now...2017 season can't start quick enough for me...we should of been playing yesterday if Derek didn't go down.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer
Highscores: 0

Postby Forbiddenraider » Mon Jan 23, 2017 10:24 pm

Lololol!!! He's been hired to make sure Norton doesn't fuck up! How lame, give this guy the coordinator job. Gotta bring in the white man to oversee the moolie that shouldn't have a job does his job.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Tue Jan 24, 2017 8:26 am

That's some good news!

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 4:43 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:Lololol!!! He's been hired to make sure Norton doesn't fuck up! How lame, give this guy the coordinator job. Gotta bring in the white man to oversee the moolie that shouldn't have a job does his job.

You got that right Forbidden!!! It baffles my mind that Musgrave is let got even though he isn't all that but Norton jr is retained. Our problem wasn't scoring points and moving the chains and controlling the clock. It was giving up big plays, not getting off the field on 3rd down, no blitzing, no adjustments and keeping teams in games because we couldn't keep teams off the scoreboard hence our opponent would stay in games because of our defense. if our defense was even top half of the league our margin of victory in our twelve wins would have been quadrupled instead of barely beating teams by a point to five points every win.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:19 pm

Yep it's insane! SD got Lynn & brought in Gus Bradley as D.C. That's not good for us. I gaurentee even if we have a winning record you'll hear Norton has been let go. Your right Fred, the guy is clueless.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Tue Jan 24, 2017 5:23 pm

One thing that no one is talking about is our need for a back up QB. Cutler would be great as a back up. Only as a back up cause he sucks dick but with our talent I think he'd do alright. A lot better than that shithead Mcgloin

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby FreddieB25 » Tue Jan 24, 2017 6:09 pm

Forbiddenraider wrote:One thing that no one is talking about is our need for a back up QB. Cutler would be great as a back up. Only as a back up cause he sucks dick but with our talent I think he'd do alright. A lot better than that shithead Mcgloin

I think Cook dressing every week and learning from Carr and the playbook and getting 2nd string snaps during the week would be a servicable back up...his play in Denver and Houston considering he didn't play all year...only knew a few plays..is a rookie and has no chemistry with the receivers was all expected and he did look bad as expected under those circumstances..he has the skill set to be a good back up in this league...he just needs more experience like any rookie would.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Jan 25, 2017 12:53 pm

I saw an article on the Raiders now basically having 3 D coordinators and it makes no sense. Del Rio, Norton and Pagano. Too many cooks in this he kitchen! Paganos numbers don't look that great but he will be way better than Norton.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Wed Jan 25, 2017 4:19 pm

Sounds like Norton's replacement to me if he has the same issues next year

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1