Raiders interested in Tracy Porter

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Raiders interested in Tracy Porter

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 03, 2013 6:48 am

That's weird. You think a seizure problem is better than an injury, and I'M the one who doesn't make sense? Do you have any idea how dangerous it is? And unpredictable? You think it'll never happen again?

Tracy Porter Had A Seizure In August, Missed Denver's Last Game Because Doctors Were Afraid He Was Going To Have Another

Porter was listed as out for the Broncos last Monday, Denver's big comeback win over San Diego. The injury report simply chalked it up to "illness," and no one asked too many questions, because hey, people get sick. But Porter revealed today that it was something potentially much more serious, and, nearly two weeks later, has yet to be cleared by a doctor to return.

"I had never had [a seizure] before, 26 years I've been living," Porter told The Denver Post, until he had one in August. Porter missed a chunk of the preseason, also chalked up to "illness." He was there in the Saints weight room when Jeremy Shockey suffered a own seizure in 2010, so he already knew how scary they can be.

Porter said that the day before the Chargers game, his pulse started racing and he felt lightheaded—the same symptoms that struck before his August seizure. Team doctors decided he shouldn't fly to San Diego, and stayed home. After the bye, he finally returned to practice this week, but saw a doctor this afternoon in the hopes of getting cleared for Sunday's game against New Orleans. There's no word on an underlying cause of his issues.

So Porter was cleared to play late in the season right? So he played in Week 16 vs. CLE. Did he play in week 17 vs KC? Did he play in the playoffs against BAL? No, he had a concussion. So he comes back from having seizures, plays in ONE game and suffers a concussion that keeps him out for the remaining 2 games?

Yeah, this guy's in great fuckin' shape. His brain is obviously made out of titanium.

I hope this clears up any confusion in regard to what I was thinking in my mystical, cryptic posts.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby RF34 » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:42 am

Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 7m Porter said seizure last year was "one-time deal, never found a cause.Might have been the altitude ... I am 100 percent." #Raiders

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 03, 2013 11:56 am

RF34 wrote:Vic Tafur ‏@VicTafur 7m Porter said seizure last year was "one-time deal, never found a cause.Might have been the altitude ... I am 100 percent." #Raiders
And the concussion? Altitude there as well?

There's a bad pattern here with this kid's head.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby R8ers4evr » Wed Apr 03, 2013 5:34 pm

DR is right... which is why denver only gave him the 1 yr deal last year... he has an injury history, dating back to his days in NOLA... he always seems to have injuries... and seizures are a major deal... idk if anybody here has any1 close to them who has ever had them or has them regularly... but they are a big fcking deal... and tend to not just be a flash in the pan... but besides his injuries and seizures making him miss tons of games... STUD. hahaha...

also, with seizures sometimes ur license gets taken away for 2 years (well you need to not have one within the last 2 years)... not always the case but does anybody know if this happened to tracy porter? not that it matters for playing football... but just a thought with being late to meetings and practice... i think dez bryant brought this up last year... his "driver" made him late a few times to practice so jerry jones said f that and got him his own personal driver lol...

Im a thinker. Im always right. Im all that matters. Then i woke up and realized im not a girl.

R8ers4evr
The Mercs
The Mercs

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum