Stevie Johnson wants Darrius Heyward-Bey in Buffalo

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby Tenebrous » Fri Mar 15, 2013 5:48 am

Posted by Josh Alper on March 13, 2013, 10:15 AM EDT

The Raiders said goodbye to wide receiver Darrius Heyward-Bey on Tuesday and it hasn’t taken long for someone to start wooing him to a new team.

Bills wide receiver Stevie Johnson told Josina Anderson of ESPN that he wants Heyward-Bey to make the trip across the country to become part of the offense in Buffalo. Johnson’s sales pitch centered on Heyward-Bey not having to do as much in the Bills offense as he was asked to do in Oakland.

“Tell DHB come be a Bill,” Johnson said. “He was stepping into that role of playmaker for his team. With me opposite him the game will be simplified a ton so he can ball out. Not that I think he needs that wide receiver opposite him anymore, but given the situation I think it’ll benefit us all.”

Barring any more fun with phones, Johnson doesn’t have any actual ability to sign Heyward-Bey so his opinion hardly constitutes interest on the Buffalo end. That said, the Bills do need to improve at receiver (and quarterback, for that matter) and Heyward-Bey’s speed could make him a good match with the shorter routes that Johnson has favored in the past.
Johnson is making more sense than RM it seems.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum