The Raider 2013 Restructure/FA Thread

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: The Raider 2013 Restructure/FA Thread

Postby RF34 » Wed Mar 13, 2013 7:05 pm

Ian Rapoport ‏@RapSheet
And for the #Raiders peeps, ex-#Cowboys LB (and good dude) Dan Connor visited the Oakland #Raiders today

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP
Highscores: 0

Postby RF34 » Fri Mar 15, 2013 2:31 pm

Jerry McDonald‏@Jerrymcd
Raiders did have some talks with Wheeler and Bryant, but prices were prohibitive. With market slowing, what about Myers? Mitchell? Barnes

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby RF34 » Tue Mar 19, 2013 12:42 pm

[b]Browns DL Desmond Bryant sued by Fla. family

MIAMI (AP) — A Florida family claims in a lawsuit that they feared for their lives when Cleveland Browns defensive lineman Desmond Bryant allegedly showed up drunk and shirtless at their home, repeatedly banged on the front door and ripped off a door handle.

The lawsuit, filed Monday in Miami-Dade County Circuit Court, seeks unspecified damages on behalf of Isaac and Iris Bakar and their three children, ages 10, 7 and 4. The family claims they thought someone was trying to rob them when the 6-foot-6, 311-pound Bryant came to their house at 5:30 a.m. Feb. 24 after drinking at South Beach nightspots.

The Bakars' attorney, Robert Fiore, said in an email Tuesday that Bryant "made more than a simple, inconsequential mistake" and that the lawsuit was filed "to hold Mr. Bryant legally accountable for his inexcusable conduct and the resulting trauma to my clients."

At one point, the lawsuit says, the shirtless Bryant tried to yank open the door while the 5-foot-10, 170-pound Isaac Bakar struggled to stop him from the inside and yelled things like, "go away" and "leave my family alone."

Bryant, 27, was arrested on a misdemeanor criminal mischief charge, and his mug shot with eyes half closed and tongue sticking out went viral. Nonetheless, he signed a deal last week with the Cleveland Browns worth $34 million over five years, with $15 million guaranteed.

Bryant previously played for the Oakland Raiders and went to Harvard University. He has 124 career tackles and 10.5 sacks.

Representatives for Bryant could not immediately be reached for comment. The Browns referred calls to Bryant's agent, who did not immediately return a telephone call seeking comment Tuesday.

Last week, Bryant told reporters that he "obviously made a mistake," wanted to apologize and hoped to move on from the incident.

"I think I have done enough over the years I have been in the league to exhibit that that's really not the kind of person that I am. I think in time I will be able to show you guys and whoever else wants to know that's really not indicative of me," Bryant said.

The Browns said at Bryant's signing news conference they were satisfied with his character.

"We evaluated his situation, looked at his history and felt very comfortable that he fit the profile of what we were looking for here," said Joe Banner, the team's chief executive officer.

According to a police affidavit, Bryant took a taxi for reasons that aren't clear from South Beach to the Bakars' home in North Miami Beach, even though Bryant's own residence was nearly three miles away in a high-rise Aventura condominium. When he was pounding in their door, the Bakars' yelled for an explanation but got none, according to their lawsuit.

"The defendant neither responded nor made his intentions known, but instead continued his relentless, violent assault on the plaintiffs, causing Isaac, Iris and their three small children to be paralyzed with fear," the lawsuit says.

Bryant is scheduled to enter a plea in the misdemeanor case April 1. Court records do not list an attorney for him in either case.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby RF34 » Thu Mar 21, 2013 7:22 am

Oakland Raiders punter Shane Lechler will visit Texans
By Jerry McDonald

March 21, 2013 5:1 AM GMTUpdated: 03/20/2013 10:01:57 PM PDT

Punter Shane Lechler, whose average of 45.7 yards per punt is the highest in NFL history, will visit the Houston Texans on Thursday, the Houston Chronicle reported.

The seven-time Pro Bowler was a high school star as a quarterback and punter and played in college at Texas A&M.

If Lechler leaves the Raiders, he would be the seventh of 17 unrestricted free agents to find work elsewhere, joining Philip Wheeler (Dolphins), Desmond Bryant (Browns), Brandon Myers (Giants), Mike Goodson (Jets), Matt Shaughnessy (Cardinals) and Mike Mitchell (Panthers).

Mitchell made his future known Wednesday on Twitter, thanking the Raiders and saying he looked forward to his opportunity with Carolina.

Lechler, 36, had a 39.0 net punting average in 2012, his lowest since 2006, after having pre-training camp surgery on his plant leg. The Raiders, anticipating the possibility of losing Lechler to free agency, kept rookie punter Marquette King in the organization on injured reserve last season.

The Raiders announced Wednesday the first signing of one of their own free agents, bringing back right tackle Khalif Barnes.

An eight-year veteran, Barnes started nine games at right tackle last season after recovering from a torn groin muscle. He was a 16-game starter in 2011.

Barnes is versatile enough to have played in the gap and power scheme blocking the Raiders used in 2011, as well as the zone system last season.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby RF34 » Wed Mar 27, 2013 6:32 pm

Jason La Canfora ‏@JasonLaCanfora
Free agent WR Domenik Hixon, a former Super Bowl winner with the Giants, is visiting with the Raiders

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby The Blackness » Fri Mar 29, 2013 6:36 pm

What are the thoughts from members here on what signings the team has made thus far?

When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness..

The Blackness
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RF34 » Mon Apr 01, 2013 10:20 am

I think that the signings have been solid (with the exception of Barron). Nothing flashy, just good value. I'm not very high on Flynn however. He excelled in Grren Bay/Aaron Rodgers system. Same could be said for Cassel when he sat in for Brady. We see how that turned out. Need to sign another vet QB to make it a real competition in TC. Draft a mid round QB this season and definitely one of the better ones next year.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby The Blackness » Mon Apr 01, 2013 2:28 pm

RF34 wrote:I think that the signings have been solid (with the exception of Barron). Nothing flashy, just good value. I'm not very high on Flynn however. He excelled in Grren Bay/Aaron Rodgers system. Same could be said for Cassel when he sat in for Brady. We see how that turned out. Need to sign another vet QB to make it a real competition in TC. Draft a mid round QB this season and definitely one of the better ones next year.

I'm w/ you on the Barron signing.As for Flynn, I'll wait & see what he can bring to the table.IMO, instead of drafting a QB in this draft add a vet via FA & even possibly an UDFA.I'd use what picks this team has on players that can contribute now or in 2014.Save drafting a QB in 2014 b/c the talent level which much more appealing.I like the Roach signing as well.Interested in seeing Walker in a full time role.

When you have had your ass handed to you by a Raider, you've seen The Blackness..

The Blackness
Rookie
Rookie

Postby The Blackness » Tue Apr 02, 2013 3:10 pm

DB-M.Jenkins leaves OAK w/ no deal.

SF signs DB-N.Asomugha to 1yr deal w/ max value of $3m.

The Blackness
Rookie
Rookie

Postby RF34 » Tue Apr 09, 2013 1:34 pm

Usama Young - DB - Raiders
Raiders agreed to terms with S Usama Young, formerly of the Browns.
The former Brown and Saint is reuniting with coach Dennis Allen, who served as his DBs coach in New Orleans from 2008-10. Young started 11 games for the Browns last season, but is best suited for a reserve role. However, he'll likely be penciled in as the Raiders' starting free safety. Young notched 53 tackles, 1.5 sacks and three interceptions last season, so he may at least provide some big-play ability.

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum