Who here doesn't like the pick?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Who here doesn't like the pick?

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 7:58 pm

I didn't realize how much I wanted Watkins until Reggie picked Mack. I was more disappointed than I thought I'd be, and I think I would have been happier with Evans. Look, we HAVE guys who can rush the passer next year. That's a fact. I think Mack will eventually be a good pass rusher, maybe a 12-sack kind of guy. He's going to be a good player in this league.

The BIG problem now is that Schaub is basically set up to fail with the dog shit we have at WR and TE. There's no way he can win, especially with the way Reggie weakened our OL in the offseason.

So, do I LIKE the pick? Not particularly. You've heard me say before that the 2 most important positions on the field are QB and pass rusher, in that order. So at least we spent the pick on one of those positions. But with QB being THE most important position, I really would have liked to see Reggie give his guy a serious weapon. So I'm disappointed.

I'm not nearly as fucking pissed off as I was last year, but I'm less than thrilled. Reggie better get a righteous TE or WR in the 2nd or we're facing yet ANOTHER YEAR of big-time failure. Because Mack ain't gonna be scoring the points we need to win. And it's not like Mack is the silver bullet we need to all of a sudden have a bad-ass defense. Teams are still going to be able to both pass and run on us relatively easily. We have no DTs. Once again our CBs are suspect at best. Our best defensive players are our 2 safeties, assuming Branch can stay on the field.

But Schaub's going to get killed back there. He's going to get sacked and picked off regularly. He is not the kind of QB who can do it himself, like Brady has done time and time again. He needs help, and he flat-out doesn't have any.

So that's what I think.

Last edited by DeadRinger on Thu May 08, 2014 8:05 pm, edited 1 time in total.
BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 8:01 pm

Last edited by DeadRinger on Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 8:02 pm

If we could get back into rd 1 and snag Marquise Lee, I'd be damn happy with that outcome. Getting Mack AND one of the best WRs in the draft would make m VERY happy.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 8:03 pm

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby 790thSFS » Thu May 08, 2014 8:06 pm

DeadRinger wrote:I didn't realize how much I wanted Watkins until Reggie picked Mack. I was more disappointed than I thought I'd be, and I think I would have been happier with Evans. Look, we HAVE guys who can rush the passer next year. That's a fact. I think Mack will eventually be a good pass rusher, maybe a 12-sack kind of guy. He's going to be a good player in this league.

The BIG problem now is that Schaub is basically set up to fail with the dog shit we have at WR and TE. There's no way he can win, especially with the way Reggie weakened our OL in the offseason.

So, do I LIKE the pick? Not particularly. You've heard me say before that the 2 most important positions on the field are QB and pass rusher, in that order. So at least we spent the pick on one of those positions. But with QB being THE most important position, I really would have liked to see Reggie give his guy a serious weapon. So I'm disappointed.

I'm not nearly as fucking pissed off as I was last year, but I'm less than thrilled. Reggie better get a righteous TE or WR in the 2nd or we're facing yet ANOTHER YEAR of big-time failure. Because Mack ain't gonna be scoring the points we need to win. And it's not like Mack is the silver bullet we need to all of a sudden have a bad-ass defense. Teams are still going to be able to both pass and run on us relatively easily. We have no DTs. Once again our CBs are suspect at best. Our best defensive players are our 2 safeties, assuming Branch can stay on the field.

But Schaub's going to get killed back there. He's going to get sacked and picked off regularly. To is not the kind of QB who can do it himself, like Brady has done time and time again. He needs help, and he flat-out doesn't have any.

So that's what I think.

Couldn't stop the run with Seymour or Kelly as the DT's either

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Del » Thu May 08, 2014 8:08 pm

Dead your pick has been Sammyall along, I think you woulda been disapointed no matter who we picked.

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby 790thSFS » Thu May 08, 2014 8:09 pm

Tene and DR would have cried regardless, but would have been all over AD's nutsack on his shitty as picks

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 8:12 pm

RAIDERS wrote:
DeadRinger wrote:I didn't realize how much I wanted Watkins until Reggie picked Mack. I was more disappointed than I thought I'd be, and I think I would have been happier with Evans. Look, we HAVE guys who can rush the passer next year. That's a fact. I think Mack will eventually be a good pass rusher, maybe a 12-sack kind of guy. He's going to be a good player in this league.

But Schaub's going to get killed back there. He's going to get sacked and picked off regularly. To is not the kind of QB who can do it himself, like Brady has done time and time again. He needs help, and he flat-out doesn't have any.

So that's what I think.

Couldn't stop the run with Seymour or Kelly as the DT's either

They did pretty damn well in 2010, when Seymour made the pro bowl for us. Then Al brought in Bresnahan and none of them had a chance.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby DeadRinger » Thu May 08, 2014 8:15 pm

Del wrote:Dead your pick has been Sammyall along, I think you woulda been disapointed no matter who we picked.

No. If we had picked Sammy I would have been ecstatic. The last WR I wanted this bad was Megatron. And the guy before that was Fitz. I know wideouts.

You tell me. Wtf is Schaub going to do out there? He's not going to have time to throw, his OC has no idea how best to use DMC, none of his WRs have ever come close to 1000 yds, and his TEs are a fuckin train wreck that nobody can figure out.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge

Postby Tenebrous » Thu May 08, 2014 8:16 pm

RAIDERS wrote:Tene and DR would have cried regardless, but would have been all over AD's nutsack on his shitty as picks

Do you just type words without even thinking? Are you saying I have never been critical of Al Davis' draft?

How about my criticism of taking JaMarcus Russell after just one good game against Notre Dame. How about my criticism of McCalin was concerned about his speed and health? What about my criticism of DHB - wanted the guy that went to the Eagles, cannot recall his name right now. The list goes on.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum