Jon Gruden: 'I want Manziel'

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Jon Gruden: 'I want Manziel'

Postby Tenebrous » Thu May 01, 2014 12:14 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Draft Manziel. Let him hold a clipboard and play here and there. Clean house next offseason. Hire Gruden to build the team around his boy and show him how to be an ass-kicking NFL QB.

Done. Next?

So with all the holes on the team and no real commitment from Gruden, you would draft Manziel with the 5th overall pick? :shock:

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu May 01, 2014 5:49 pm

DeadRinger wrote:Draft Manziel. Let him hold a clipboard and play here and there. Clean house next offseason. Hire Gruden to build the team around his boy and show him how to be an ass-kicking NFL QB.

Done. Next?

It would be epic. The greatest thing to happen to the Raiders in 12 years! Only one problem, that fat red headed gorilla.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu May 01, 2014 5:53 pm

Tenebrous wrote:

Done. Next?

So with all the holes on the team and no real commitment from Gruden, you would draft Manziel with the 5th overall pick? :shock:

YOU GOTTA TAKE HIM! ROLL THE DICE! BRING THE WHORES! EXCITEMENT FOR THE RAIDER NATION! MORE SLUTS!! Imagine him making big plays with Gruden in the Black hole!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby 790thSFS » Thu May 01, 2014 8:16 pm

Tenebrous wrote:

Done. Next?

FUCK YEAH WE DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL SON! I rather see him go to the raiders than sit back and watch the Browns draft and totally ruin his football career. that place is cursed. that whole team is full of top 10 1st rd bust. Just like the raider since 2002. But Browns have sucked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. Even Holmgren couldn't do anything with that garbage.

I love this "you would draft Manziel with the 5th overall pick?" shit, dude who fucking cares. Raiders need a qb of the future, not these old fucks the davis family like to bring in. Gannon worked out, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby Tenebrous » Thu May 01, 2014 10:25 pm

RAIDERS wrote:
Tenebrous wrote:

Done. Next?

FUCK YEAH WE DRAFT JOHNNY FOOTBALL SON! I rather see him go to the raiders than sit back and watch the Browns draft and totally ruin his football career. that place is cursed. that whole team is full of top 10 1st rd bust. Just like the raider since 2002. But Browns have sucked waaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaay longer. Even Holmgren couldn't do anything with that garbage.

I love this "you would draft Manziel with the 5th overall pick?" shit, dude who fucking cares. Raiders need a qb of the future, not these old fucks the davis family like to bring in. Gannon worked out, but I doubt that will ever happen again.

Manziel is not Luck or even RG3 - he's a bonafide gamble. With so many holes on this team and so many real solid players available, such as Dennard or Donald, it makes little sense to go gambling unnecessarily, but that's just my opinion.

If the Raiders are determined to draft a QB in the 1st round, I still wouldn't go with Manziel, but rather with Bortels.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby piratepride » Fri May 02, 2014 6:39 am

I see the hype around manziel, I really do.I'll even say he would bring excitement to the Raiders, but everyone must admit he is a gamble.This dude can improvise like we have never seen, but he is one nfl hit away from repeating what happened to rg3,pryor, and vick. Manziel can throw from the pocket but he likes to run.That's my problem with the dude, maybe if he was like luck and run only when he needed to and gain 30 yds I would be all for it.
He's small and probably not going to win against the tough nfl defenses today.I watched a little video of him and some of his touchdown runs looked like nobody was even around.It seemed like his o-line had pushed everyone out of the way and he just jogged in.Not gonna happen vs the demarcus ware's,mathis,aldon smith,willis,and all the other fast lb's out there.We already tried this experiment last year with Pryor and he is faster/stronger than manziel. Granted nobody respected his arm but he didn't have the luxury manziel had either. I'll compare what manziel had in texas to pryor starting in seattle. Of course he's gonna look good.I think the age of running Qb's is in its last year this year, I really do. Pretty soon it will be a memory just like the option, the wildcat, and whatever Washington/ san fran did.Give me a pocket passer like luck who has the balls to run if need be.
Were better off going with shuab and mcgloin and drafting a Qb later.Just my opinion, I know Manziel can split a room right down the middle.He is polarizing no doubt.If somehow they take him I'll support him all the way.I just want the next larry fitzgerald in Watkins or ray lewis in mack.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Tenebrous » Fri May 02, 2014 7:40 am

piratepride wrote:I see the hype around manziel, I really do.I'll even say he would bring excitement to the Raiders, but everyone must admit he is a gamble.This dude can improvise like we have never seen, but he is one nfl hit away from repeating what happened to rg3,pryor, and vick. Manziel can throw from the pocket but he likes to run.That's my problem with the dude, maybe if he was like luck and run only when he needed to and gain 30 yds I would be all for it.
He's small and probably not going to win against the tough nfl defenses today.I watched a little video of him and some of his touchdown runs looked like nobody was even around.It seemed like his o-line had pushed everyone out of the way and he just jogged in.Not gonna happen vs the demarcus ware's,mathis,aldon smith,willis,and all the other fast lb's out there.We already tried this experiment last year with Pryor and he is faster/stronger than manziel. Granted nobody respected his arm but he didn't have the luxury manziel had either. I'll compare what manziel had in texas to pryor starting in seattle. Of course he's gonna look good.I think the age of running Qb's is in its last year this year, I really do. Pretty soon it will be a memory just like the option, the wildcat, and whatever Washington/ san fran did.Give me a pocket passer like luck who has the balls to run if need be.
Were better off going with shuab and mcgloin and drafting a Qb later.Just my opinion, I know Manziel can split a room right down the middle.He is polarizing no doubt.If somehow they take him I'll support him all the way.I just want the next larry fitzgerald in Watkins or ray lewis in mack.

Agreed - if I didn't already make it clear, it's definitely not that I hate Manziel, but rather that I see him as a huge gamble and the 5th overall pick is not where a team with numerous holes should gambling - especially with elite talent inevitably still available.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri May 02, 2014 7:55 am

For the last time, at # 5 if watkins and mack are gone and we don't trade down for more picks.....and if Johnny still on the board, and it takes mark Davis to make the call, come on down( Johnny Football Manziel) i can almost bet if Al was still living, he would be all over Johnny!

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby RF34 » Fri May 02, 2014 8:30 am

Taking Manziel at 5 would be, quite frankly, the most stupid thing that Reggie could ever do.

And it would be the final nail in his Raiders GM coffin, IMO....

I win!

RF34
MVP
MVP

Postby Tenebrous » Fri May 02, 2014 8:58 am

RF34 wrote:Taking Manziel at 5 would be, quite frankly, the most stupid thing that Reggie could ever do.

And it would be the final nail in his Raiders GM coffin, IMO....

Many would take, myself included, Manziel over Bridgewater -- so, by default, drafting Manziel wouldn't be the stupidest thing RM could do. However, with Dennard or Donald - or even Bortels (if the Raiders really really want a QB in the 1st round) - likely still available, it would seem to be another blunder.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

PreviousNext

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum