Woodley declares Raiders to be a playoff team

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Re: Woodley declares Raiders to be a playoff team

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 23, 2014 12:54 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Key to the season and making the playoffs in my mind outside the obvious staying healthy is having a formidable running game as Schaub is a play action QB who needs a running game. A bonafied possession receiver who Schaub can lean on in big situations. Being able to stop the run on 1st and 2nd down, so they need to plug up the interior line on the defensive side and being able to close out games in the 4th qtr. The franchise, RM, DA, Schaub have something to prove in a make or break season. I see some upsets this year including beating Denver, KC and SD at least once a piece. Beating SF in Oakland this year could happen as well.

Where's the damn :smoking pot: emoticon when you need it??

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Wed Apr 23, 2014 1:20 pm

Soul patrol your post had me rolling. LOL. Maybe we should have the team go get their shine box!
I just hope watkins or mack is there.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 3:30 pm

Where's the damn :smoking pot: emoticon when you need it??[/quote]

Dude the team last year was fuckin awful and they beat an always tough and formidable Pittsburgh, Hung with playoff bound Indy, beat playoff bound Chargers, hung with playoff bound KC in KC until 4 minutes left and came back on KC in Oakland and had that game competitive late. If that weak team last year with Pryor/Mcgloin could have won 7 or 8 games last year what makes you think this 2014 team with some household names on the roster and a formidable starting QB can't win 8 to 10 games and maybe make the playoffs. I know the schedule is tough but this franchise has something to prove this year!! Many people in this organization necks on the line after this upcoming season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:35 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Where's the damn :smoking pot: emoticon when you need it??

Dude the team last year was fuckin awful and they beat an always tough and formidable Pittsburgh, Hung with playoff bound Indy, beat playoff bound Chargers, hung with playoff bound KC in KC until 4 minutes left and came back on KC in Oakland and had that game competitive late. If that weak team last year with Pryor/Mcgloin could have won 7 or 8 games last year what makes you think this 2014 team with some household names on the roster and a formidable starting QB can't win 8 to 10 games and maybe make the playoffs. I know the schedule is tough but this franchise has something to prove this year!! Many people in this organization necks on the line after this upcoming season.[/quote]

Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!! Ha ha ha!!!

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Apr 23, 2014 6:42 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Where's the damn :smoking pot: emoticon when you need it??

Dude the team last year was fuckin awful and they beat an always tough and formidable Pittsburgh, Hung with playoff bound Indy, beat playoff bound Chargers, hung with playoff bound KC in KC until 4 minutes left and came back on KC in Oakland and had that game competitive late. If that weak team last year with Pryor/Mcgloin could have won 7 or 8 games last year what makes you think this 2014 team with some household names on the roster and a formidable starting QB can't win 8 to 10 games and maybe make the playoffs. I know the schedule is tough but this franchise has something to prove this year!! Many people in this organization necks on the line after this upcoming season.[/quote]

Dude the only problem with your theory...the team last year as 4-12 and didn't win 7 nor 8 games last year, or the year before that. Among their beats was the mighty Jacksonville, the non playoff bound Chargers (1 time only), a Steelers team that didn't make the playoffs, and the mighty Houston Texans who draft #1 overall this year. Household names? Who is that pray tell, is Schaub a household name now? Or perhaps Woodley is a household name? Or perhaps those OLmen who are barely known by name by their own house neighbors? Or maybe Justin Tuck now is a household name?

OMG. I can't only hope this is a joke

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 23, 2014 9:52 pm

Dude the only problem with your theory...the team last year as 4-12 and didn't win 7 nor 8 games last year, or the year before that. Among their beats was the mighty Jacksonville, the non playoff bound Chargers (1 time only), a Steelers team that didn't make the playoffs, and the mighty Houston Texans who draft #1 overall this year. Household names? Who is that pray tell, is Schaub a household name now? Or perhaps Woodley is a household name? Or perhaps those OLmen who are barely known by name by their own house neighbors? Or maybe Justin Tuck now is a household name?

Not a joke just trying to be optimistic because it's the only way to be although I'm a realist. Mark my words this team will look and perform a lot better than they did in 12' and 13'. Jobs on the line and a QB with much to prove after a horrible season last year. My honest prediction is 7 to 10 wins and leaning towards 9 or 10 wins depending on injuries and closing out games.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby SoulPatrol » Wed Apr 23, 2014 10:27 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:Dude the only problem with your theory...the team last year as 4-12 and didn't win 7 nor 8 games last year, or the year before that. Among their beats was the mighty Jacksonville, the non playoff bound Chargers (1 time only), a Steelers team that didn't make the playoffs, and the mighty Houston Texans who draft #1 overall this year. Household names? Who is that pray tell, is Schaub a household name now? Or perhaps Woodley is a household name? Or perhaps those OLmen who are barely known by name by their own house neighbors? Or maybe Justin Tuck now is a household name?

Not a joke just trying to be optimistic because it's the only way to be although I'm a realist. Mark my words this team will look and perform a lot better than they did in 12' and 13'. Jobs on the line and a QB with much to prove after a horrible season last year. My honest prediction is 7 to 10 wins and leaning towards 9 or 10 wins depending on injuries and closing out games.

I'm optimistic too. My optimism is that Mark Davis will finally send the team to a proper owner, who will hire a proper GM, who will get a proper coach, who will draft and sign proper players.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Apr 24, 2014 12:29 am

Mark Davis is as stubborn as his old man was!! No way he sells the team. He told Reggie to gut the team and get financially healthy salary cap wise and build back up. He wants a new stadium somewhere even if its in Portland OR and build back up the brand that has been tarnished. No more 4 or 5 wins in Oakland for awhile.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Previous

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum