Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Apr 16, 2014 3:11 pm

Posted by Mike Florio on April 16, 2014, 4:28 PM EDT
Terrelle Pryor
AP
Before the Raiders’ offseason program launches next week, they have one fairly important bit of roster maintenance to address: The future of quarterback Terrelle Pryor.

Per a league source, the Raiders hope to move Pryor before the start of the offseason program. It’s currently unclear whether he’ll be cut if he’s not traded.

The effort to deal the third-round pick in the 2011 supplemental draft (the last player chosen by Al Davis) commenced in January, even though news of it didn’t surface until the league meetings in March. After playing sparingly in his first two years, he appeared in 11 games with nine starts in 2013.

But Pryor eventually was supplanted by Matt McGloin, an undrafted rookie from Penn State who shared an awkward history with Pryor during his search for a college team.

Pryor is now searching for a new NFL team. It’s unclear which teams are interested and what they’d be willing to give up for Pryor, who has shown flashes of considerable ability but who has yet to show that he can master the quarterback position at the NFL level.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Raiders make final push to move Terrelle Pryor

Postby FreddieB25 » Wed Apr 16, 2014 4:53 pm

Flashes of considerable ability? Terrelle Pryor? he is Carl Lewis in football cleats!!! His 94 yd TD run against Pittsburgh was his highlight of his season and everything went downhill from there as well as the team. He will never be a pocket passer in this league and wasn't really sought after after college as one by nobody except a senile Al Davis. Schaub, McGloin and a decent QB high draft pick will work for me this season.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby silver & black » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:26 pm

I'm sorry, all you fucks that think Pryor is useless.... you're full of shit! Pryor may not be NFL starter material at the QB position but, he's far from useless. He may be the best pure athlete playing in the league today. Trust me.... I'm a die hard Buckeye fan. I watched his whole career...... including high school. He's a PHENOMINAL athlete/talent. I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:47 pm

silver & black wrote:I'm sorry, all you fucks that think Pryor is useless.... you're full of shit! Pryor may not be NFL starter material at the QB position but, he's far from useless. He may be the best pure athlete playing in the league today. Trust me.... I'm a die hard Buckeye fan. I watched his whole career...... including high school. He's a PHENOMINAL athlete/talent. I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him.

OOOOO!!! He's a piece of shit! He's gotta go!!! Athlete? Let him go swing on gymnastics rings, let him jump over hurdles and rack his balls! I tell you what we'll do, get him some goggles and a shower cap let him swim laps how's that? Let him go bounce soccer balls off his fuckin head the cocksucker that he is. We need a QB not some half ass athlete

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby silver & black » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:15 pm

The more I read your shit, the more you prove your self a douche. You might have others thinking you're creative with your dumbass posts.... I'm not one of them. I'm sure I'm not the Lone Ranger here. I'm just the only one that will call you out on your childish bullshit Rants.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 6:34 pm

Where the fuck do you get your balls big enough? I'm loved by the people. I'm gonna wash my balls out in your mouth, you mumblin studderin cocksucker you! I told you to stop wearing that pink Chargers jersey or I'm gonna finger bang you through your pretty pink panties! Go ahead sweetie, why don't you give us a little song and dance number like you did in the talent show in high school. You wouldn't miss an opportunity to fuckin foxtrot and tango in front of the boys. And your a performer too? Lets see your act

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Del » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:01 pm

Okay like.... can we like.... just not...

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:17 pm

Del wrote:Okay like.... can we like.... just not...

You still here? Your supposed to be getting your butt cheeks blown out by silver. Its a messy situation when you two get together

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Tenebrous » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:37 pm

silver & black wrote:I'm sorry, all you fucks that think Pryor is useless.... you're full of shit! Pryor may not be NFL starter material at the QB position but, he's far from useless. He may be the best pure athlete playing in the league today. Trust me.... I'm a die hard Buckeye fan. I watched his whole career...... including high school. He's a PHENOMINAL athlete/talent. I wouldn't be so quick to get rid of him.

I am a bit on the fence regarding Pryor, but am leaning more toward Pryor. However, in the end, the Raiders have niether the coaches nor the players to do anything of note. Preferably, it would be nice to have the luxory of keeping him and let the next regime decide - perhaps, they might know what they're doing - but, as it stands, the Raiders are looking like they are going to draft a QB, so having 4 QB's is not an option and Pryor wants to leave. It's a shame - seems like another wasted opportunity, yet I wonder how effective he can be as a QB.

There's no question the man is an amazing athlete, but, for whatever reason, it has not translated well on the field. Is that all his fault? Heck no - between RM's blundering and his woeful offensive coaches, it is not clear that Joe Montana could win in Oakland under such circumstances.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby silver & black » Thu Apr 17, 2014 7:13 am

It's a non issue, really. He's gone anyway. As you said, the coaching issues and the current circumstances pretty much killed his chances of making it as a Raider.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum