AL DAVIS PICK: ROLANDO

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

AL DAVIS PICK: ROLANDO

Postby 790thSFS » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:28 pm

Rolando McClain's attempt at an NFL comeback just hit a major bump in the road.

NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that the retired linebacker, as expected, attempted to stage a workout with the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday. According to someone apprised of the session, McClain bombed.

The former first-round pick of the Oakland Raiders couldn't finish his conditioning test and failed to do any of the drills. Icing on the cake? McClain showed up late, Kinkhabwala was told.

It's not a good look for the 24-year-old defender who announced earlier this month that he was "training and preparing as if I'm going to come back," calling his brief retirement a chance to get his "priorities straight."

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome has shown significant faith in McClain, who briefly latched on with Baltimore last offseason before walking away from the game. The two share Alabama ties, but that won't be enough if McClain isn't in playing shape. The Ravens already have linebackers Daryl Smith and Arthur Brown in the mix.

Alabama coach Nick Saban solidly backed McClain in recent days, while coach John Harbaugh told reporters at the NFL Annual Meeting that he was "excited" for the player's return.

McClain's latest performance is bound to temper that enthusiasm.

This is why the raiders fucking suck, because of dumb ass picks that this. Pick up Manziel and fuck the REST! trade the team and the city if you have to

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Re: AL DAVIS PICK: ROLANDO

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Apr 15, 2014 9:31 pm

RAIDERS wrote:
Rolando McClain's attempt at an NFL comeback just hit a major bump in the road.

NFL Media's Aditi Kinkhabwala reported that the retired linebacker, as expected, attempted to stage a workout with the Baltimore Ravens on Tuesday. According to someone apprised of the session, McClain bombed.

The former first-round pick of the Oakland Raiders couldn't finish his conditioning test and failed to do any of the drills. Icing on the cake? McClain showed up late, Kinkhabwala was told.

It's not a good look for the 24-year-old defender who announced earlier this month that he was "training and preparing as if I'm going to come back," calling his brief retirement a chance to get his "priorities straight."

Ravens general manager Ozzie Newsome has shown significant faith in McClain, who briefly latched on with Baltimore last offseason before walking away from the game. The two share Alabama ties, but that won't be enough if McClain isn't in playing shape. The Ravens already have linebackers Daryl Smith and Arthur Brown in the mix.

Alabama coach Nick Saban solidly backed McClain in recent days, while coach John Harbaugh told reporters at the NFL Annual Meeting that he was "excited" for the player's return.

McClain's latest performance is bound to temper that enthusiasm.

This is why the raiders fucking suck, because of dumb ass picks that this. Pick up Manziel and fuck the REST! trade the team and the city if you have to

The Raiders were 8-8 and on the rise when Al Davis passed away. The Raiders had back-to-back 4-12 seasons for one reason, RM. Get ovah' it already.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby DeadRinger » Wed Apr 16, 2014 5:21 am

Rolando fucking McClain was a consensus great fucking pick at that fucking spot. He's the guy I wanted. Al got shafted just like GMs everywhere get shafted by garbagte like Rolando, Russell, Leaf, Couch, etc etc etc etc ad infinitum. This falls squarely into the "shit happens" file. Now if you want to talk about DHB that's fine, but isn't it interesting that he turned out to be a better player for us than either of those 2 consensus top-10 picks?

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby snakebuck » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:44 am

He's garbage!

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Del » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:23 am

Tbh never thought much of the pick, I wanted a skill position probably. I thought he would be our Patrick Willis tho

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 11:48 am

Hello dere, dis here Rolondo I's would likes to play Da football again but I's can't stop shootin my glock and smokin Da crack rock.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Del » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:02 pm

Can we ban Forbbiden for racism in the above comment?

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Forbiddenraider » Wed Apr 16, 2014 7:13 pm

Del wrote:Can we ban Forbbiden for racism in the above comment?

Quit licking that ice cream cone like that Del. That's not your buddy silver & blacks dick your sucking on. I'm gonna tell u what I'll do for the both of you, I'm gonna put you on the corner and allow you two fruits to make some money. You guys get to keep $1 dollar for every cock you guys suck out in SF. I figure between the two of you you'll make about $50 dollars each. The rest of that money comes directly to me you understand? Now, get to work and don't let me catch you reckless eyeballin.

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Postby Del » Wed Apr 16, 2014 10:27 pm

I laughed, once.

All day lurkin'

Del
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Forbiddenraider » Thu Apr 17, 2014 1:03 am

Del wrote:I laughed, once.

I'm gonna call you "Showtunes" from now on. Do u like that name? Oh he was quite the little performer in his day. No really he was talented and he made a lot of money too. The old men loved him , they used to call him spit shin shine Del. He shined on stage at spit loads back stage!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum