No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Jadeveon Clowney will visit with Oakland Raiders

Postby Tenebrous » Sat Apr 12, 2014 7:45 pm

Jadeveon Clowney will visit with Oakland Raiders
15 350 PLUS 1
BY JOE SORIANO - APR 11TH, 2014 AT 12:05 PM

PREVIOUS
NEXT

The Oakland Raiders could draft a quarterback this year to develop behind Matt Schaub, but I can’t see them taking a QB with the fifth overall pick; I think they will try to address the position in the second round if a top prospect like Derek Carr falls. Based on their needs and the caliber of players in the 2014 NFL Draft, Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, and Sammy Watkins look like the three best prospects for the Raiders to key in on with the fifth overall pick. It’s possible that none of those three will be available for the Raiders, but I think they’ll be able to have a choice of at least one of those prospects.

Former NFL scout John Middlekauff reports, that the Oakland Raiders will host one of those top prospects next week, as Jadeveon Clowney will visit the team next week. Clowney will probably get taken in the top three, so he’s a pipe dream for the Raiders, who probably sensed that and signed quality veteran starters Justin Tuck and LaMarr Woodley.

Clowney is the top prospect in the draft, and there’s no doubt that he would be a huge difference-maker for any defense with his insane physical tools. He has a high motor in run defense contrary to the narrative-based work ethic concerns, and it’s clear that he is a high-impact pass rusher. Although the Raiders have bigger needs at other positions like wide receiver, their biggest need is to add talented playmakers; Clowney is the biggest one in the draft, and that’s saying something given how talented a player like Watkins is.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Jadeveon Clowney will visit with Oakland Raiders

Postby silver & black » Sun Apr 13, 2014 4:42 pm

This guy scares the fuck outa me.

silver & black
Teh ROC
Teh ROC
Highscores: 0

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum