If watkins/mack are both gone who do you pick?

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

If watkins/mack are both gone who do you pick?

Postby piratepride » Sun Apr 06, 2014 8:32 am

The Browns have been looking hard at 2nd round Qb's, let's assume they get watkins and somebody picks mack before them.
Now what? Go on record and play GM for awhile.
If Mathews is there I take him knowing Penn isn't the long term answer.If he isn't there Obvious choice would be to trade down and get more picks.
Last scenario would be if all three were gone and nobody wanted to trade with us and we had to reach for someone my picks would look something like this.

1.mike evans
2.Arron Donald DT from pitt
3.Ebron The flashy TE
4.calvin Pryor beast of a safety.
5.The best corner in the whole draft.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: If watkins/mack are both gone who do you pick?

Postby SoulPatrol » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:08 am

The choice would be easy for me - Greg Robinson. Now he could be taken too I suppose. However, they way I see it there are obviously 4 picks ahead of us. One QB will be taken 100%. Whether that QB is Bortles, Manziel, Bridgewater, your guess is as good as mine. It's that time of the year, lots of GMs are blowing smoke and overrunning their mouth with bullshit. However, there is no way 3 teams with significant QB needs, Houston, Jacksonville, Cleveland, all decide to pass on a QB.

So the way I see it, there are 4 elite players in this draft (well and if not elite, they are big name), and no, I don't think any of them are QBs. The elite players are Greg Robinson, Jadeveon Clowney, Khalil Mack, and Sammy Watkins (I like Evans better, but Watkins is getting the attention). So worst case scenario, with at least one team in the top 4 taking a QB, we are left with whomever is left in the 4 elite players I just mentioned, and we have as good as chance of being successful as anyone else.

Another school of thought though, everyone starts taking QBs. I am almost sure Houston will take a QB, or trade down and take a QB. I am also almost sure Jacksonville will do the same, or trade down. The Browns are the wildcard. However, all 3 could take the QBs, Bortles, Manziel, and Bridgewater. Rams take one of the elite 4. That gives us our choice of the elite 3.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby 790thSFS » Mon Apr 07, 2014 10:37 am

Clowney

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs
Medals: 1

Postby piratepride » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:05 am

As the draft gets closer and closer, I keep hearimg that teams are shying away from this bad crop of quarterbacks.This could lead to a run on the other top shelf players.Looks like watkins will be long gone, and possibly even mack. Now we might have to reach for a guy like mike evans / ebron or get jake matthews because I doubt robinson is availible.
Then we really have a cluster on our o-line.
Mckenzie signed all these big bodied guys to run a power game, (wich kills me cuz thats what we had in the first place before he gutted us) then if robinson is gone we almost need to take matthews.
But he is a more finesse pass blocker not run grader like robinson. So then we sign penn and now matthews to sit on the bench? Wow what a waste.Even if we plug him at gaurd it's still a waste of money for both players.
My new mock is looking like this.

1.HOU-clowney
2.ST LOU-robinson
3.JAC-mack
4.CLE-watkins
5.Oak- reach
i think they could go in a number of places as far as a pick is concerned but the might.....maybe be able to get the highest bidder for manziel and trade down.
If not there is players I still like but not at the #5 spot.
Barr
evans
arron donald
matthews
thoughts?
Draft is almost here guys.

piratepride
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Mon Apr 14, 2014 8:32 am

Somebody in the top 4 will take a QB guaranteed. 3/4 of the top 4 need a QB, I can't believe no one will take one.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Tenebrous » Tue Apr 15, 2014 8:56 pm

My top two or three picks for the Raider first round are (in this order): Watkins, Mathews, and Clowney.

If the Raiders could get one of those three players, most notably, Watkins and Mathews, that would be a great start to the draft - if none of those three players are there, trade down if possible.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum