Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Raiders, could move quickly

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:51 pm

Published: March 27, 2014 at 04:49 p.m.

Gregg Rosenthal
Around The League Editor
Raiders general manager Reggie McKenzie might have found another veteran that isn't afraid to head to Oakland. Maurice Jones-Drew could be headed home to the Bay Area.

NFL Media Insider Ian Rapoport reports that Jones-Drew is visiting the Raiders Thursday and Friday, according to sources informed of the Raiders situation. Rapoport expects things to move quickly. He's from the area, grew up a Raiders fan, and still has a house twenty minutes from Oakland. Jones-Drew has played all eight of his seasons in Jacksonville.

In Oakland, MJD might have found an opportunity where he can be the starter. (Not to mention some extra scratch.) The Raiders re-signed Darren McFadden for little money and MJD would figure to battle McFadden for a starting job.

McKenzie said this week that he didn't bring back LaMarr Houston and Jared Veldheer back in part because they didn't want to be in Oakland. Jared Allen passed on more money from the Raiders to join the Bears. But McKenzie and coach Dennis Allen have rebuilt their roster with nearly a dozen veteran players, most of which will immediately start.

Jones-Drew would fit right in. He's towards the end of his career and did not look strong last season, but the Raiders are gambling he could have at least one more good year left.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" offers a full recap of the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando, then proposes player moves that won't happen (but probably should).

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 0

Re: Maurice Jones-Drew to visit Raiders, could move quickly

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:13 pm

Meh.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby 790thSFS » Thu Mar 27, 2014 2:17 pm

Remember when the Raiders brought in Rhodes and didn't even use him?

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:01 pm

The only thing is with all these successful vets brought in with a history of injuries better stay healthy or it's all for naught. I so wanted Jared Allen but I guess he used us as a leveraging tool with the Bears.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby 790thSFS » Thu Mar 27, 2014 3:15 pm

FreddieB25 wrote:The only thing is with all these successful vets brought in with a history of injuries better stay healthy or it's all for naught. I so wanted Jared Allen but I guess he used us as a leveraging tool with the Bears.

Shit, last year players were dropping like flies to injuires. I don't remember the NFL losing that many players in the past. These injuires were happening before th start of the season.

790thSFS
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby snakebuck » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:04 pm

Hell...with Jones-Drew and McFadden...they both may not even play very much anyway. I'm hoping Murray will be our guy or Sheets. We'll see what happens.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby FreddieB25 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:40 pm

My thinking is a couple running backs will be cut in preseason and it wouldn't surprise me if it's McFragile and or Jones-Drew as Murray and Sheets have something to prove and they are young.

FreddieB25
Hall of Famer
Hall of Famer

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:17 pm

I'm hoping we'll draft Marion Grice. We really need a playmaker at tailback. Grice is just that. With our shakey OL we need a guy that can dance around the line and has the speed to break one to the outside. He is very much a Marshall Faulk type and can really help Schuab with his pass catching.

Also, you all may think I'm crazy, but I expect him to run a 40 time of under 4.4 on April 8th during his private workout. He is EXPLOSIVE and will retire McFadden. Fluke injury he had like Adrain Peterson...so don't hold that against him.

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 7:54 pm

Raiders | Close to deal with Maurice Jones-Drew

Thu, 27 Mar 2014 19:33:54 -0700
The Oakland Raiders are close to a contract agreement with free-agent RB Maurice Jones-Drew (Jaguars).

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby Forbiddenraider » Fri Mar 28, 2014 12:49 am

Regurgitated shit. Reggie wasting more money. McFadden is a hack, might as well get MJD McFadden won't make it until week 3. Deion would knock this guy out!

Forbiddenraider
RF Refugees
RF Refugees

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum