Raiders | More on Matt Schaub's deal

No Bullshit. Just Real Raiders Talk!

Raiders | More on Matt Schaub's deal

Postby bigboy3333 » Thu Mar 27, 2014 8:33 am

Thu, 27 Mar 2014 07:00:34 -0700

Updating previous reports, Oakland Raiders QB Matt Schaub's restructured deal pays him $8 million fully guaranteed in 2014 and a non-guaranteed $5.5 million in 2015.
- See more at: http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl#sthash.raCZWNLr.dpuf

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Re: Raiders | More on Matt Schaub's deal

Postby DeadRinger » Thu Mar 27, 2014 10:55 am

Works for me. I don't know how the hell Reggie managed to pull it off.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Highscores: 0
Medals: 1

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 1:01 pm

Published: March 27, 2014 at 03:05 p.m.
Updated: March 27, 2014 at 03:23 p.m.
Matt Schaub's Raiders contract is a 1-year commitment

Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
Should Raiders draft QB after signing Schaub?
When the Oakland Raiders acquired Matt Schaub, he was billed as the long-term solution to their quarterback woes.

As it turns out, the Raiders essentially are committing to Schaub as the starter for just one season.

Originally scheduled to earn $11 million in 2014, Schaub will now collect a $4.5 million fully guaranteed salary and a $3.5 million signing bonus to be paid on March 31, according to NFLPA documents obtained by CSN Bay Area. The deal also calls for $3 million in unlikely to be earned incentives.

The key takeaway from the new agreement, though, is Schaub's $5.5 million non-guaranteed salary for 2015.

If the 32-year-old doesn't bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season, the Raiders can release him without penalty.

Even if Schaub shows enough promise to stick around for another year, he will be compensated at the same level as veteran stopgaps such as Michael Vick, Josh McCown and Chad Henne.

Coach Dennis Allen has expressed confidence that Schaub will be the face of the franchise for the next three to four seasons.

The reality is the Raiders can painlessly pull the plug in favor of a promising draft pick as soon as October or November.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" offers a full recap of the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando, then proposes player moves that won't happen (but probably should).

Ok, much better. RM didn't blunder nearly as much as I feared.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:16 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
Published: March 27, 2014 at 03:05 p.m.
Updated: March 27, 2014 at 03:23 p.m.
Matt Schaub's Raiders contract is a 1-year commitment

Chris Wesseling
Around the League Writer
When the Oakland Raiders acquired Matt Schaub, he was billed as the long-term solution to their quarterback woes.

As it turns out, the Raiders essentially are committing to Schaub as the starter for just one season.

Originally scheduled to earn $11 million in 2014, Schaub will now collect a $4.5 million fully guaranteed salary and a $3.5 million signing bonus to be paid on March 31, according to NFLPA documents obtained by CSN Bay Area. The deal also calls for $3 million in unlikely to be earned incentives.

The key takeaway from the new agreement, though, is Schaub's $5.5 million non-guaranteed salary for 2015.

If the 32-year-old doesn't bounce back from a disappointing 2013 season, the Raiders can release him without penalty.

Even if Schaub shows enough promise to stick around for another year, he will be compensated at the same level as veteran stopgaps such as Michael Vick, Josh McCown and Chad Henne.

Coach Dennis Allen has expressed confidence that Schaub will be the face of the franchise for the next three to four seasons.

The reality is the Raiders can painlessly pull the plug in favor of a promising draft pick as soon as October or November.

The latest "Around The League Podcast" offers a full recap of the NFL Annual Meeting in Orlando, then proposes player moves that won't happen (but probably should).

Ok, much better. RM didn't blunder nearly as much as I feared.

Don't be so sure...he has probably blundered we just don't know all details

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby Tenebrous » Thu Mar 27, 2014 4:25 pm

SoulPatrol wrote:

Lol, maybe - but, to be fair, I must give credit where credit is due. This contract is notably better than the one the Raiders inherited in the trade.

Hillary vs. Trump -- Two liberals running in the general election .. A race likely decided by which party hates their dishonest candidate less.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Postby SoulPatrol » Thu Mar 27, 2014 5:14 pm

Tenebrous wrote:
SoulPatrol wrote:

Lol, maybe - but, to be fair, I must give credit where credit is due. This contract is notably better than the one the Raiders inherited in the trade.

Agreed! I just can't stand this management. One bonehead mistake after another so I have very little confidence. They need to show us sometime this year they have some idea about what they're doing. They can't blame it all on the cap either, I mean DJ Hayden was a huge error. So was Veldheer and Houston. However, yeah, the contract is much better. I almost threw up on my laptop when I read the first set of numbers previously...

SoulPatrol
First-Stringer
First-Stringer

Postby DeadRinger » Fri Mar 28, 2014 6:39 am

I can't stand this management either. Personaly I think this particular move is a pretty good one, but that doesn't matter to me anymore. If my stew is full of fat and gristle but has 2 pieces of filet mignon in it, I ain't eating the dog shit period.

And this is a decent move, not a great move. It's flank steak, not filet. James jones was ok, not great. MJD is meh, not even close to great. The debacles have been team-killers, the decent moves have been minimal. This by no means changes my mind about anything, not even a smidgen.

BETTER be a playoff win in 2022.

DeadRinger
BR Scourge
BR Scourge
Medals: 1

Postby bigboy3333 » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:34 am

When MJD sign the dotted line, I think that will do it as far as FA's goes....5 weeks to draft day, Raiders will either draft there QB of the future at # 5 or draft Watkins or Mack or trade down for more picks.....

Sell the Fucking team Mark Davis!!

bigboy3333
The Mercs
The Mercs
Highscores: 2

Postby snakebuck » Fri Mar 28, 2014 7:48 am

I can't see us picking a QB at #5. I see us getting one in the later rounds. We need Watkins or Mack.

PEACE RAIDER NATION!

snakebuck
All-Pro
All-Pro

Postby Tenebrous » Fri Mar 28, 2014 10:24 am

SoulPatrol wrote:

Lol, the more I think about, the more concerned I become. On paper, it seems reasonable, but he stands to earn quite a bit based on incentives -- which begs the question, whether the Raiders, negotiating not from a position of strength because the trade was already made, made the incentives difficult enough so as to merit the money. Just food for thought. So, yeah, depending on the details, a blunder may have still been made.

However, with that being stated, the contract does look more friendly than it did if they just kept his contract from the Texans. How much better, if really at all? Hard to tell right now.

Tenebrous
The Mercs
The Mercs

Next

Return to Las Vegas Raiders Forum